DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: problem with earpiece

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola razr maxx

problem with earpiece

I just got my Razr Maxx HD and when you talk or waiting while it rings the earpiiece sound like static or crackling and when talking sounds like a walkie talkie, any Idea what that could be

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I have the same issue from time to time. This may sound weird and I read it online and it actually works. Seems like small particles get into the earpiece and cause this issue, I basically sucked on the earpiece and it worked great again. I later tried a suction method with a hand held blow bulb I use the clean off my PC keyboard. This worked too. Honestly I don't think this issue should happen with this phone.
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    410 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member

Re: problem with earpiece

Just a random suggestion that used to work on older phones. Is WiFi on while you are using it? Turn it off and see if it still happens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Glad I'm not the only one. I've been having this problem as well. The louder the earpiece is, the more pronounced it is. It sounds like a buzzing noise every time someone speaks, and is more pronounced at various frequencies. I'm thinking of trying to exchange it tomorrow. Anyone else with this problem?

I tried sucking on the speaker area, tried shooting some compressed air in there, and even tried vacuuming it out with the extension on my vacuum cleaner. None of those seems to help. I almost sounds like a blown speaker, but much milder than that. It sounds more like something is rattling inside or loose causing it to make a buzz sound sort of like a bee or fly as sounds come through. Ugh...
    Last edited by GuitarDreamer131; 12-21-2012 at 10:27 AM.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofthesun View Post
    I have the same issue from time to time. This may sound weird and I read it online and it actually works. Seems like small particles get into the earpiece and cause this issue, I basically sucked on the earpiece and it worked great again. I later tried a suction method with a hand held blow bulb I use the clean off my PC keyboard. This worked too. Honestly I don't think this issue should happen with this phone.
    "I basically sucked on the earpiece..." This brings a whole new level to a man's/woman's love for a phone. Technological erotica at its finest.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Thank God I'm not the ONLY one with this issue. I've gone though 4 Razr Maxx HD units. All have had this issue. Might work fine for a few days then suddenly if I turn the volume much past half way it will distort. Sounding like the speaker is broken. I've tried compressed air to no avail. VZW might end up having to get me into another phone if this keeps up.
    Last edited by xmguy; 12-21-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbatcofc View Post
    "I basically sucked on the earpiece..." This brings a whole new level to a man's/woman's love for a phone. Technological erotica at its finest.
    HAHA! I don't suck my phones! I blow them. But really that doesn't even help. I've had this happen over time with my Motorola Bionic but it's usually a while after owning it. Not with days-weeks.
    Last edited by xmguy; 12-21-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    Thank God I'm not the ONLY one with this issue. I've gone though 4 Razr Maxx HD units. All have had this issue. Might work fine for a few days then suddenly if I turn the volume much past half way it will distort. Sounding like the speaker is broken. I've tried compressed air to no avail. VZW might end up having to get me into another phone if this keeps up.
    Ugh...4? I hope that isn't what I have to look forward to.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Sounds like (no pun intended) Motor has got to get off their button and fix thess
    issues. Why the hell would FOUR phones have the same issues... POOR QUALITY
    CONTROL in either the original manufacturing process or refurbishment.

This is not the way Android is going to beat Apple!
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    razr m

same problem...

Yeah I've had 5 razr m's in the past 3 months, all with the same static hissing in the earpiece. It usually take a few days to a week to kick in. but without fail it will. The wired stereo thing does nothing, neither does sucking or blowing on it. Kind of a bummer considering how sweet of a phone it is...any other ideas?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links