DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: is it just me?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    VZW GALAXY NEXUS
    I did it from the menu. Its basically all the same I believe. I've done it from recovery only if I was flashing a ROM over a different ROM etc. If its all stock I wouldn't worry. Did it once.
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Well I returned my iphone 5 for a Motorola Droid and couldn't be happier so yes I think the Motorola Droid line is being overlooked it's amazing how word of mouth and advertising can trick people.
    djspy likes this.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    RAZR Maxx HD
    I know people know about it but they might not really care about it.

I remember the original RAZR everyone liked it until they were on their 3rd or 4th one because it simply broke to easily so when they relaunched the RAZR brand a lot of people didn't even want to hear about it. Then the whole Maxx and everything started to gain a lot of good attention and word of mouth because of the battery life.

Then factor in how VZW has tons of phones with DROID in it, a lot of people who don't really read up on things might assume a lot of the stuff is all the same and might not dig deeper.

All I know is when I whip out my phone people are surprised that it's a Motorola and that I don't have an S3 or something. Also they notice I don't need to charge my phone as often as they do.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    djspy
    Phone
    Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD
    Well, I did the FDR last night. It's a little bit smoother and it fixed the problem I had with the keyboard when I switched to Spanish. The only redraw happening on the home screen is with the circles widget. Oddly, I didn't have to set it up after the FDR. It already had my hometown listed. I have also noticed better battery life and its showing more available RAM under the running apps. I'm glad I did the FDR.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    What does the fdr do? Just wipe cache? Or delete apps where you have to reinstall? Basically, do you have to back anything up and restore them?
  6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    410 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member
    FDR restore the phone to "out of the box" basically. Wipes all user data and cache.. so this includes apps, pictures, contacts, anything stored on your internal card.

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    What if I just wipe cache? Sorry it's been since the OG droid that I have done this stuff.
  8. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    410 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member
    Cache will just wipe the cache partition.... All the files that accumulate over time, it wont touch any of your apps or contacts or anything like that.

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links