DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Photo Gallery UGH!!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR HD

Question Photo Gallery UGH!!!

I got the RAZR HD about a month ago (former phone was Droid X) and I absolutely HATE the photo gallery on this phone. It has all my pictures broken up in to too many album folders. Yeah the DROID X did that too but I also had a folder that had all the pictures in 1 album and I could scroll through that 1 album. Right now I have 2 different albums titled Messaging, 3 different albums titled Download, 2 different albums tilted Wallpaper, 1 album called Background, 1 called Friendcaster, 1 called tmp and 1 called Camera. If I take pictures with my camera it creates ANOTHER album called Camera.

If I'm looking for a specific picture I have to go through 8 different albums instead of just scrolling through 1 album. How can I fix this or is there a gallery app that I can download that will give me a photo gallery like my DROID X had? I am NOT tech savvy so you'll have to explain everything to me like I'm a toddler.
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    680 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member
    You could try a 3rd party app called QuickPic...
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    You could try a 3rd party app called QuickPic...
    Tried it already and I still had the same problem.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr HD, Galaxy Nexus
    I was going to suggest Quickpic as well but seeing as how it didn't work for you the only other two suggestions I can think of (which may be much harder than need be) are either getting the app es file explorer or doing something on your computer.
    1- Getting the ES file explorer app will allow you to explore (shocking) your files. From in the app you should be able to find the albums in your gallery and move them into one folder. This may also be doable from within the gallery app. So if you haven't tried already I'd suggest:
    1) opening you gallery
    2) long pressing on one of the albums
    3) seeing whether you are given the option to move them
    4) If you can then try moving them to another folder/ If not then try doing it using ES
    (you could also try this through the quickpics app)
    2- This is in my opinion easier, but you can go on your computer and connect your phone through a usb plug. From here you should be given an option to open folders to view storage, depending on the type of system you have (mac vs. pc). When you've opened up the files you should be able to move things freely.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBeth View Post
    I got the RAZR HD about a month ago (former phone was Droid X) and I absolutely HATE the photo gallery on this phone. It has all my pictures broken up in to too many album folders. Yeah the DROID X did that too but I also had a folder that had all the pictures in 1 album and I could scroll through that 1 album. Right now I have 2 different albums titled Messaging, 3 different albums titled Download, 2 different albums tilted Wallpaper, 1 album called Background, 1 called Friendcaster, 1 called tmp and 1 called Camera. If I take pictures with my camera it creates ANOTHER album called Camera.

If I'm looking for a specific picture I have to go through 8 different albums instead of just scrolling through 1 album. How can I fix this or is there a gallery app that I can download that will give me a photo gallery like my DROID X had? I am NOT tech savvy so you'll have to explain everything to me like I'm a toddler.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR HD
    I'll have to go through my computer to do it. Thank you for your help.

Links