DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sd card issues

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr HD
    The SD card needs to be pushed in all the way until it clicks and is held in. If you didn't do that, the door will hold the card in, and this will push the door out slightly so it can move. When that happens the card can become unstable. Go to settings and de-mount your card, remove the door, push the card in with the door removal device until it clicks, replace the door and it should now fit flush with the side and not feel springy. That should take care of the problem.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Razr HD XT925
    Hello! I have the same problem with my Class 10 32GB card too. Have been reading about this for two days. I found out that the Razr HD does accept and work with my class 4 8 GB (both my cards are from Sandisk). Read somewhere that people have problem with the class 10 cards so hopefully the new Jellybean Update will fix this.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member

Re: sd card issues

Quote Originally Posted by duvu View Post
    Hello! I have the same problem with my Class 10 32GB card too. Have been reading about this for two days. I found out that the Razr HD does accept and work with my class 4 8 GB (both my cards are from Sandisk). Read somewhere that people have problem with the class 10 cards so hopefully the new Jellybean Update will fix this.
    Just FYI even on the Jelly Bean update I had issues with the class 10 cards. I would order a 32GB class 4 from Amazon. Get them pretty cheap there.

Sent from the Galaxy S III
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD
    My micro-SD card has been acting strange since day #1. I copied a bunch of stuff through USB to various directories on the card. Some of the files started disappearing. I recopied the files via the SD card adapter. Once again, they started disappearing. Here's the interesting thing: when I look at the card via the stock file manager, I see some files in a directory. When I use Astro File manager, I see the inverse of the files seen in the stock file manager. That is to say the files missing in the stock show up in Astro, the files present in the stock are missing in Astro. Further, when I safely remove the card from the phone and put it in the computer all files are there. Very frustrating!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD
    As a followup to my previous post, a light bulb clicked on in my head about the class of the card. So I robbed the card out of my tablet (not class 10), put it in the phone. Problem solved. Interesting that the tablet had no problem with the class 10 card.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    razr m
    Quote Originally Posted by tzetter View Post
    I also have had constant issues with the SD card in this phone. I used a 32GB Sandisk Ultra which frequently stopped being recognized by the phone and had all contents erased/damaged. I can use the same card in a PC fine but after phone use it's always corrupted. Tried a 16GB Sandisk Ultra also same problem. Clearly this phone is doing something to the card. I would advise not storing anything critical on the SD card. I lost quite a bit of music and all photos, although they were backed up as I have had my eye on this issue from day 1 so have really been testing it more than actually depending on it. I have tried formatting in PC, phone, etc. all with same results. DREAD trying to deal with Verizon or Motorola on this....but it may be required.
    Any update on this? I have exactly the same problem. It's not the sd card, i went through 2 already.
    This is major (IMO). Basically the sd card is useless in DROID razr (i have i have a droid razr M with android 4.1.1.)
    and that's one of the main reasons i bought droid over iphone. I never sees all the files on the SD card, and the number varies all the time. It sucks!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD
    See my previous post. My SD card issues went away completely when I downgraded from a Class 10.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links