DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: GPS not Locking

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD maxx
    Hope the developers see this and it gets updated in the OS soon. Maybe an update by Jan to JB.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD maxx
    Has anyone tried turning off all GPS settings and installing plan-b from there google account in the play store online. It's supposed to turn your GPS and then send you a location email. It's used as a plan b if you have lost your phone. This worked great on Droid x. But doesn't seem to work on the HD.
    what are others results?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr HD-ROOTED
    Okay folks, this may sound crazy, but you have to trust me on this; with GPS on, move your phone in a figure 8 for 5-6 rotations. Flip it end over end, just rotate it in every possible direction you can. You may not get a spot on fix, but you should then find yourself within 10-20 feet of where you are. The trick with GPS on different devices, is technically, once you've turned it on, you actually need to be moving for a fix to be associated to your actual position. Most of the HTC phones I've owned had these same directions in their GPS SETUP. I just tried this with data off (you don't need data on for GPS to work by the way), wifi off, google location off and VZW off and my position shows my location to bein my garage, even though I'm sitting about 20 feet away,in my living room. Good luck and I hope this helps.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbootyman
    Okay folks, this may sound crazy, but you have to trust me on this; with GPS on, move your phone in a figure 8 for 5-6 rotations. Flip it end over end, just rotate it in every possible direction you can. You may not get a spot on fix, but you should then find yourself within 10-20 feet of where you are. The trick with GPS on different devices, is technically, once you've turned it on, you actually need to be moving for a fix to be associated to your actual position. Most of the HTC phones I've owned had these same directions in their GPS SETUP. I just tried this with data off (you don't need data on for GPS to work by the way), wifi off, google location off and VZW off and my position shows my location to bein my garage, even though I'm sitting about 20 feet away,in my living room. Good luck and I hope this helps.
    I tried this. it did not work for me.
    Once I turned on one if the other settings (google or VZ) it locked in a second.
    Such a pain to have to go and turn on the other setting especially since there's no widget to quickly toggle it on and off like you can with GPS.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD maxx
    I just got the jelly bean update this morning. Tried GPS standalone and it locked on. I am hoping this is fixed but will continue to test as i have noticed after a reboot standalone would work but then after a few hours I had to turn on 2 of the settings to get GPS to lock on.
    Anyone else get Jelly Bean yet? What are your results with standalone GPS?
    thanks
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR MAXX HD
    Other observations pre Jelly Bean that seemed to be effective during a 2 week test...
    1. Every time I rebooted to get GPS back, there were a bunch of automatic app updates waiting. I disabled automatic updates in the Play Store. This was the most effective thing I did, and I couldn't explain any relationship. It just correlates with my experience.
    2. If the lock was slow or lost I would move, flip, etc. as recommend. This would work for a short time, but the lock would be lost again.

Here's hoping JB just fixes it.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Droid 1

Re: GPS not Locking

I heard someone say it might be related to issues with some SIM cards that are part of a bad batch.

RAZR MAXX
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD maxx
    OK after testing all day and trying standalone GPS 4 times through out the day with success each time. I would say it looks promising that the "GPS lock" is fixed with Jelly bean.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola razr hd
    Mine is not working as well. Even after 19 days on repair: #Razr HD#GPS not locking - Part 2_ #BAD GP - YouTube
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola razr hd
    Quote Originally Posted by bman6074 View Post
    OK after testing all day and trying standalone GPS 4 times through out the day with success each time. I would say it looks promising that the "GPS lock" is fixed with Jelly bean.
    Bman: have you definetelly solved gps problems after all this days running jellybean?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Links