DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [ROM][Unlocked Bootloader] Carbon 4.2.2

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    more like around 300... ive been playing around with a bunch of them the last few days..
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    410 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member
    Most, if not all AOSP ROMs will not be over 200mb.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    This happens to be one of the most interesting ROMs that are currently available to those of us that are Rooted/w an Unlocked Bootloader. What makes it most interesting besides the fact that it is a fully-funcitioning port, this ROM is loaded. One of the attractions here, is it is a lean ROM, there is not a lot garbage or excess Motorola that is holding it down, which the AOSP's tend to be very clean, I tend to believe they run better, but that's just my opinion. There is a feature that this ROM has which is "Carbon", which definetly this is worth looking into. Right now for me I have hidden my Navigation keys, (you know those 3 buttons like, back, home, history) I'm not looking at those anymore. There is also some nice tweak-a-bilities, that you can do to change the status bar around, change colors, different icons, etc., which this ROM seems to have a great many different tweaks, like the Performance Control, so you can increase your cpu. The one thing that I really liked about this ROM, and I'll have pm the Devs on it. I was able to install Google Wallet, except and this is the Dev part of this, this ROM is so lean, there is no NFC. So, I'll look into this. Looks like Google Wallet cannot update, as you'll lose access with updating. There is one other thing that some people may like, in the Settings, you can create Profiles, this would be similar to a manual SmartActions. But, if you are like me and these Smartactions have just grown on you like a necessity, then you can install SmartActions on your device and they will work the same way as they use to. Just download SmartActions here, Dev-Host - SmartActions.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service , then transfer this ZIP file over to the Root of your SD Card. Boot your device into Recovery, (there is no need to wipe or any of that) go into Mount, select "System Only", go to install, find the SmartActions.zip on the root of your sd card and install. Should take a second, and reboot.
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimino View Post
    How is this the wrong thread? There are simply no RAZR m Roms. These guys porting the RAZR HD ROMs are capable of porting to razr m. I was only asking these talented devs for a RAZR m port.
    I doubt the dev will look in here for your subtle hint. That was all I was saying
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Razr M
    True but it was worth a try. The RAZR HD is a better phone I kinda figured the m would be put on the back burner.
    RAZR M
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Maxx HD XT926, 4.2.2 CarbonROM
    Wow this rom is amazing! Thanks a ton! I absolutely love how much personilization there is!

1 issue I've been having, though... When I play a full screen game, the notification bar will auto-hide after a few seconds. I can't tap stuff until I swipe it back down into view. I've checked settings, and have auto-hide disabled... Is there another setting or something? Thanks in advance
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Also, Shazam hasn't been working since I flashed this rom... it says the microphone is being used, so it can't use it too. It's no big deal for me, but I haven't seen this come up yet, so thought I might share...
  8. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    410 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member
    Good find. I encourage you to post that in the original thread so the developer can see it, and address it. :thumbup:

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Nevermind, I've gotten it flashed but I did notice one thing, that the auto brightness isn't working? Anyone else have this issue? Maybe a bad flash or something. I shall try agaiiinn
    Last edited by oDECREEx; 05-13-2013 at 10:38 PM.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    ^works fine for me
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links