DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: [TOOL] Easy Unlock Bootloader Komplete

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    Has the situation changed where the bootloader can be re locked? I would like the option to send the phone to vzw if need be.
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr MAXX
    I've ran into a bizarre issue...I rooted...unlocked..flashed a ROM over my stock backup(oops) then used that batman themed jb 4.1.2 stock flash...I'm rooted once again but boot loader is back to locked...not sure how the eff I did it but well I did.
    Problem now is that when I try to unlock boot loader again it fails...ice: device found pushes unlock reboots install fail device not found..press any to finish unlock (in ap fast boot) failed ..press any button to reboot and exit...

Any ideas on how to unlock it now? I mean if I have to take a pic of the fuse I need to blow n I will take apart this RAZR maxx n blow it with my soldering gun...lol

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: NEVER MIND IM XT912 N I GUESS IT WAS A FLUKE IT UNLOCKED FOR ME THE FIRST TIME.....DISREGARD NOTHING TO SEE HERE.
    Last edited by viperguy586; 07-08-2013 at 07:49 PM.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4 | Commando 4G
    With this new update coming out. Is there a chance if I unlock my phone the update will RELOCK the boot loader so I could return to VZW if needed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Droid Forums
    (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted - VRUAMI1 (STOCK) | (Verizon) Casio (GzOne) Commando 4G - Rooted - C811M020 (STOCK)
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Quote Originally Posted by xmguy View Post
    With this new update coming out. Is there a chance if I unlock my phone the update will RELOCK the boot loader so I could return to VZW if needed?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Droid Forums
    No, if your bootloader is UNLOCKED this update will not lock it. You can lose ROOT though need OTA Rootkeeper to backup SU. If you lose ROOT with UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER you can FLASH back and RESTORE ROOT, if BOOTLOADER is LOCKED and ROOT is LOST, may not be able to Downgrade to Restore ROOT after the UPDATE.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by KaChow; 07-13-2013 at 08:04 AM.
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DX
    I retired my trusty Dx (had about every different ROM made) after 3 years and bought a used razr maxx hd Saturday. It has the latest VW update put out the last few days; 9.20.1 XT926.Verizon.en.U.S. which as I understand removed the root and unlock exploit.

What is the status on this latest VW update? Can this phone still be rooted and or unlocked? It's been quite a while since I've messed with hacking phones so may need some refreshers and no doubt things have progressed since then.

Thanks.

BTW, there is no doubt VW is throttling 3G on this Maxx. With my Dx it was common to get 2.5 mB connection speeds with at 4 bars. Now I'm lucky to get 256k which really puts a kink in my style. Even on my Net Extender for the house it rarely reaches 1 mB.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Quote Originally Posted by rcglider View Post
    I retired my trusty Dx (had about every different ROM made) after 3 years and bought a used razr maxx hd Saturday. It has the latest VW update put out the last few days; 9.20.1 XT926.Verizon.en.U.S. which as I understand removed the root and unlock exploit.

What is the status on this latest VW update? Can this phone still be rooted and or unlocked? It's been quite a while since I've messed with hacking phones so may need some refreshers and no doubt things have progressed since then.

Thanks.

BTW, there is no doubt VW is throttling 3G on this Maxx. With my Dx it was common to get 2.5 mB connection speeds with at 4 bars. Now I'm lucky to get 256k which really puts a kink in my style. Even on my Net Extender for the house it rarely reaches 1 mB.
    Here have a look at this post of mine, I posted some information about the updates, what applies to which ROM versions, new Baseband Radios, and some info on Root and Unlocked Bootloaders. Follow this link here.
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    OP has been UPDATED to include an easiest version of Motopocalypse that is in form of an apk that was developed by Matt L Groff. Also, I have included an update for the link for Recovery Flashers V6, this includes the latest 2.6 version of TWRP that Hashcode released on July 10th.

8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by KaChow View Post
    OP has been UPDATED to include an easiest version of Motopocalypse that is in form of an apk that was developed by Matt L Groff. Also, I have included an update for the link for Recovery Flashers V6, this includes the latest 2.6 version of TWRP that Hashcode released on July 10th.
    Thanks for working on this, I am pretty novice and was able to get it done. One question and I know I did this all at my own risk, I get all that. I did the unlocked bootloader today to keep root and get the new update. I have the Best Buy warranty plan. I realize I voided my Moto warranty, but should I stop paying for a BB warranty (since they wouldn't pay it)? Just curious.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxberto55 View Post
    Thanks for working on this, I am pretty novice and was able to get it done. One question and I know I did this all at my own risk, I get all that. I did the unlocked bootloader today to keep root and get the new update. I have the Best Buy warranty plan. I realize I voided my Moto warranty, but should I stop paying for a BB warranty (since they wouldn't pay it)? Just curious.
    In regards to the terms with the Best Buy program, I would first recommend reading the contract terms to see if there is anything that voids the warranty with either Root or Unlocked Bootloader, or both. IMO the warranty has now been voided on all counts, Motorola, Verizon, and Best Buy, but who knows what is written into the contract with the third party of Best Buy.

10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by KaChow View Post
    In regards to the terms with the Best Buy program, I would first recommend reading the contract terms to see if there is anything that voids the warranty with either Root or Unlocked Bootloader, or both. IMO the warranty has now been voided on all counts, Motorola, Verizon, and Best Buy, but who knows what is written into the contract with the third party of Best Buy.
    Appreciate it, second dumb question. I ended up wiping my device because I could not get the OTA to install. Now that I have everything as I want it, how do I verify the bootloader is still unlocked? I should note that I used the hack to replace the Motorola warning so that doesn't come up.
    Last edited by xxxberto55; 07-24-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links