Most excellent! Easy as pie and twice as tasty...
My Razr HD is on 4.1.1 and I just got the notification to download the update this morning but dismissed it, what is the easiest way to keep my phone locked on 4.1.1 ?
Hi I lost my root in the update to Jellybean even with ota rootkeeper installed.
Trying this solution when pushing thew exploit results in the following failure;
Any help is appreciated
Guys, I just rooted my 4.1.2
Go to YouTube right now, and paste this: How to Root the Droid Bionic on Jelly Bean 4.1.2
It freaking works. It takes a while. A LONG time especially if you read everything you need to know from start to finish. I'm telling you, do your research all around this (how to properly install, how to boot from CD, etc.), and you will successfully root your phone.
This guy is Tomsgt123 on YouTube, host of Root Junky
I've seen a few of his videos before, but this one was posted less than 24 hours ago. Please drop a like and a favorite if you try it and it works (or even if it doesn't work)
I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, so please try out the Easy Root Komplete method first, just to see if it works =)
I just upgraded to a Droid Razr Maxx HD on 4.1.2 and was wondering if someone could summarize how to root it (if it's even possible). The OP has so many steps, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.
I'm not particularly noob to rooting, my previous phone was the Droid X which I had rooted and on Liberty. But I loved that phone/rom so much it's been over a year since I've had to do any of this stuff. I'm a bit rusty
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Just to be totally clear, I am on System version 9.16.6.XT926.Verizon.en.US
Android version 4.1.2
NEVERMIND! It was just too easy I didn't believe it could be true. I just ran motochopper. Pow! Bang! Zoop! and I'm rooted. This video was a big help.
Last edited by evolume; 05-03-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Hey, newbie here. sup.
Anyways, I have the bionic. I'm running 4.1.2. Windows 8. I think the only steps I need are these, correct?
On to the Motochopper exploit
1) Extract to your desktop the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the downloaded zip file
2) Make sure you have the latest Motorola USB drivers installed on your computer
3) Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled go to Settings> Development> check USB Debugging> make sure device is connected to your computer
4) Open the EXTRACTED file “Motochopper” and find the “run.bat” or “run” Windows Batch File, do a right click> select “Run as Administrator” and follow all the prompts.
Well, I followed them, and I get "Daemon started successfully" and it just... sits there. Like watching paint dry. Thoughts? Here's some randomness that MIGHT be helpful:
1. I'm using a USB 2.0 front port with a 3.0 header. I'll have to take her apart to see if there is a 2.0 header. CM690.
2. I have rooted in the past, and Unrooted successfully to get OTA, in hopes that it didn't suck anymore. Guess why I'm here?
3. Port 5037?
4. Tried rebooting phone.