I am working the website for this project calling it APK Multi-Tools and for some insight on what you guys think I should use and any help will be a plus.
The Alpha Releases can be found on the website and I will be updating them Weekly to monthly as I fix issues and change and add new features
Check out the website for screenshots and updates to what is going on with the project. Keep in mind that the website is new and I am in the process of tweaking it and still playing around with the design. If anyone is interested in making a banner feel free to submit one.
I am currently working on a major update to the apk manager application as well and changing the name to APK Multi-Tool with some new added features and also to fix some issues with some code errors.
I am also changing a lot of the features as well since a lot of the code has been outdated for a while.
I have updated all the files and modified Apk manager's Scripts to fix many user reported bugs from Daneshm90 apk manager which he had written a simple script to ease the process of editing apks. Got a lot of downloads so thought its in demand
Whether you're doing basic image editing or editing the smali or xml files, on average u have to use (Brut.all or JF's smali/baksmali) awesome tool to extract the apk, edit it, then sign the apk and then adb push/install it. This process is quite tiresome if you are testing a method that needs fine tweaking.
This script should make the process a LOT smoother.
Theres an option of compiling/signing/installing all in one step
Goes to Daneshm90 the Original Writer of APK Manager Which this applicatiom is based off of
Goes to Brut.all for his awesome tool.
Goes to JF for ofcourse, smali/baksmali
Goes to farmatito for porting this script to linux
- Extract, Zip apk's.
- Optimize pngs (ignores .9.pngs)
- Zipalign apks
- Sign apks
- Push to specific location on phone
- Incorporates brut.all's apktool
- Pull apk from phone into modding environment.
- Batch optimize apk (Zipalign,optipng,or both)
- Quick sign an apk (Batch mode supported)
- Batch Ogg optimization
- Compression level selector (monitor status above menu)
- Batch install apk from script (option 16)
- Logging on/off has been removed. Instead a log.txt is created which logs the activities of the script organized using time/date headers
- User can change the max java heap size (only use if certain large apks get stuck when decompiling/compiling apks) (Option 19)
- Improved syntax of questions/answers
- Error detection. Checks if error occured anytime u perform a task, and reports it
- Read log (Option 20)
- U can now set this script as ur default application for apks. When u do, if u double click any apk it will install it for u.
- Supports batch installation, so if u drag multiple apks into the script (not while its running) it will install them all for u. U can ofcourse drag a single apk as well
- Added framework dependent decompiling (For non propietary rom apks). (Option 10). Checks whether the dependee apk u selected is correct.
- Allows multiple projects to be modified, switch to and from.
- Allows to modify system apk's using apktool but ensures maximum compatibility in terms of signature / manifest.xml
- Stuff i forgot i guess
- Place apk in appropriate folder (Any filename will work, if running for first time folders will not be there, you must run and then the folders will be created)
- Run script
- Minimize the script
- Edit files inside the project folder
- Maximize the script
I have compiled the latest Version of APKTOOL which is 1.4.2 snapshot
Updates done so far in this new upcoming release
Updated APKTOOL to the latest snapshot
I have downloaded the latest changes to the source and compiled the latest Version of APKTOOL which is 1.4.2 snapshot
Updated Android SDK TOOLS
I have updates all the android tools to the latest Version from the android SDK revision 13
Downloaded the latest Source and compiled to update Sox
Replaced roptipng v0.6.3 with optipng v0.6.5
I have removed roptipng v0.6.3 and replaced it with the latest Version of optipng v0.6.5 which I freshly compiled from source as roptipng was just v0.6.3 and there has been some major bug fixes to optipng
Roptipng is bloated with no compression when compiled also the modifications made to optipng that the original Arthur of roptipng are pointless as all they do is add directory recursion, which is redundant.
If you are interested in recursion, use this with the original optipng:
for FILE in `find . | grep "\.png"`; do optipng "$FILE"; done
If you want to do it in windonkey , something like this
for /r %FILE in "*.png" do optipng "%FILE"
(note: reason for it being shorter in donkey mode is that the "for" command is a *LOT* weaker -- it can only search through the filesystem whereas the unix command iterates through anything you throw at it, therefore we need the extra command to go out and do the search).
New Added Features done so far in this new upcoming release
New Section to the command line
Batch Theme Image Transfer TOOL
These tools allow you to update/port your favorite theme pack from any rom to your Current Rom In use.
(Note: You do not have to worry about signing the apk files using this method as it is automated with the transfer Function)
Batch Theme Image Transfer TOOL
This tool makes the process of transferring images from one APK to another APK File of the same file making it easier to update themes or even transferring a theme update.zip of one ROM to another Rom allowing the porting of theme to be much faster.
(Note: You will have to manually replace the progress_horizontals.xml from the framework-res since this file is needed with Theme Changes)
TO DO LIST
Add new feature to Randomly Generate a new Key File for signing the apk files after modifying and recompiling of the apk files this will also allow of uploading to the android market as this added feature will allow you to sign apk files that you may of compiled without signing beforehand.
Modify the Signapk script to be compatible with the Randomly Generation feature in the works
and a few other added features are in the works as I am redesigning the application and rewriting a lot of the code to fix issues as well as some of the new features have broken parts as some features have been moved and broken some command line prompts.
Official APK Multi-Tools Website
STABLE RELEASES at APK-Multi-Tool@Github
EXPERIMENTAL RELEASES at APK-Multi-Tool@Github
Please check back daily or weekly as this project is under active Development and I am releasing Alpha releases on the website for Testing and bug reports.
Google Group Email mailing List