DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [KERNELS] Low Voltage 2.6.32.9

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepius View Post
    hm... ok. ive been trying all kinds of different kernels to find one that works at the lowest voltage that my phone can handle. i got slayher's LFY kernel running fine, but i cant get chevy's ulv or your custom RZ one to run.

RZ, is there anyway can i get something closer to LFY's voltage levels? maybe between chevy's and slayhers?

your kernels are by far the best for speed, but maybe i can get the best of both worlds?
    the kernels I made for liquid are just about the same as these, my low voltage is lower than slayher's low voltage. I need to script these changes and I can blow out 25 kernels in a few minutes, right now I am keeping copies of all the different configs and manually doing it all.
    not the lv kernel, he made a kernel for liquid that was considered SLV or was i dupped and there really isnt a SLV kernel by slayher?

sorry for kinda being a bother, your kernels are just way better for speed... i just want the lowest voltage my phone can handle for better battery.
  2. n00b.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    raidzero_
    Phone
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
    hm... ok. ive been trying all kinds of different kernels to find one that works at the lowest voltage that my phone can handle. i got slayher's LFY kernel running fine, but i cant get chevy's ulv or your custom RZ one to run.

RZ, is there anyway can i get something closer to LFY's voltage levels? maybe between chevy's and slayhers?

your kernels are by far the best for speed, but maybe i can get the best of both worlds?
    the kernels I made for liquid are just about the same as these, my low voltage is lower than slayher's low voltage. I need to script these changes and I can blow out 25 kernels in a few minutes, right now I am keeping copies of all the different configs and manually doing it all.
    not the lv kernel, he made a kernel for liquid that was considered SLV or was i dupped and there really isnt a SLV kernel by slayher?

sorry for kinda being a bother, your kernels are just way better for speed... i just want the lowest voltage my phone can handle for better battery.
    The terms LV, ULV, SLV, are ambiguous. There is no way to determine the voltage slots of a kernel without seeing the source it came from.

well.. you could probably dump part of the memory and disassemble it like the milestone-overclock genius, but that is way beyond me

My battery gets me from 6:30AM to 9PM every day and I am happy with that . standby time is undetermined but its quite long

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    fair enough. im just trying to squeeze every bit of performance out of my phone while still getting the best possible battery life.

Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS

those are the kernels i am referring to just for your reference
  4. n00b.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    raidzero_
    Phone
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    Premium Member
    fair enough. im just trying to squeeze every bit of performance out of my phone while still getting the best possible battery life.

Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS

those are the kernels i am referring to just for your reference
    I will ask slayher if he remembers the voltages he used for those.. slayher has helped a lot with things from kernels to ramdisks to roms, he's a great guy. I am happy to fill his shoes now that he has left the d1 world.

and his source is what I started with to make my kernels, then it was modified to include LZMA zImage compression and of course my config is vastly different

edit: actually, I can probably flash one of those and get the config from /proc/config.gz

too bad I lost my USB cable today :'( and it will have to wait until I get home
    Last edited by raidzero; 02-18-2011 at 01:50 PM.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill
  5. n00b.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    raidzero_
    Phone
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtguthrie View Post
    I found an issue with the 125-900 kernel. I tried to watch a video on youtube and it wouldn't play. I tried to run quadrant and it kept stopping on "video decoding" and gave me an error message. I tried swapping with a sapphire kernel and it worked fine. I came back to your kernel and it did the same thing again. I'm going to try your 125-1000 to see if that one does the same thing. I'm attaching pics to show you what happened.

--------------
    Edit:
    The 1Ghz one works perfectly, so it must just be the 900Mhz one.

--------------
    I tried the 1100mhz one and it worked too. the ONLY differences between the kernels is the config file (for the the speed / voltage slots). very strange

6. n00b.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    raidzero_
    Phone
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    Premium Member
    I also just installed the 125-900 one on Baseline 0.4 and I was able to use the video camera without a problem. I also installed Quadrant and ran that without a problem (got a really low score -1202 - but hey, its 900mhz).

At this point it sounds like an incompatibility somewhere in whatever ROM you tried it on? What ROM was it?

btw, 125-900mhz is no slouch, things are very responsive.. I am surprised.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Gnex
    hey someone please help me out real quick, whats the best gov while running a live wallpaper. im on the 250-1000 kernel.??

oh and is this good cus i here ppl saying they're getting two days a charge, right now my battery stats say 80% remaining after just under 6 hours, but i havent really been using the phone tho??
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kinfolk248 View Post
    hey someone please help me out real quick, whats the best gov while running a live wallpaper. im on the 250-1000 kernel.??

oh and is this good cus i here ppl saying they're getting two days a charge, right now my battery stats say 80% remaining after just under 6 hours, but i havent really been using the phone tho??

I don't think it matters much which governor you use, a live wallpaper is probably going to bring your phone to max clock regardless. I recommend you drop the max clock down to 800 or maybe 700 until you need the extra mhz for a game or something, or the live wallpaper is going to kill your battery life.

That said, I tested my phone, leaving it at 1200mhz with the "performance" governor (so it stays at 1200mhz) and it didn't seem to effect the stand-by battery life much at all.

Btw, @RZ, I've been running the uuuLV kernel all day, and it has been solid. No random reboots, phone runs cool. I did have an issue where I was unable to play any videos, seemed to be a codec error or something, but rebooting the phone fixed it. It's more likely to be my ROM that caused this (UD3.01), I think.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Gnex
    oh ok cus im trying to see which is better the on demand or interactive, i really cant seem to tell because like u said they both ramp to the max... just wanted to see if anyone had some more scientific evidence to back anything up...
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Not true. Live Wallpapers with Interactive will keep your CPU clocked to the max because Interactive ramps up to 100% and stays there as long as there's demand on the CPU. On-Demand ramps up to where it needs to be to clear the demand. As such, if you're running LWPs you should run On-Demand and NOT Interactive.

OverClocking 101

Familiarize yourself with this, in particular the posts taking place after the 2.2 update. There's a subsection in there on Interactive and why it's bad for day-to-day use if you use widgets or LWPs.
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links