I poured alot of time and effort into this release and I hope alot of the features many of you have asked for are included into this release. This release is still based off of asop but I made a big change and used Liquids source edits as a base then continued to edit on top of this. This has helped a great deal to bring the features you all wanted alot sooner. There are new scripts which allow the installation of certain apps and also an application for different user settings. This is only the beginnign of the new era of Elite!
This release is also themed from the start with a black bar many have requested.
Thank you to all the users who have waited around and continue to support P.E
-Built from source using latest FRG83 proprietaries (credit to P3 for the leak)
-Updated to latest google apps from frg83 leak (credit P3)
- Added EliteOptions app for user settings such as rotarylockscreen, lockscreen music controls, led notification with screen on, cpu scaling options, and much more (credit liquid & actngrezy)
- New scripts that will install cytown phone app, wysie contacts,miui browser, d2 keyboard etc. Also anytime there is an update in the market I will update the apps on my server and you can use the scripts to update youtube, facebook, twitter, etc....this will ensure apps stay in system for theming purposes(credit actngrezy)
- Added silent back into volume rockers ( you must check silet state in settings/sound to enable this options) (credit cyanogenmod & actngrezy)
- Long press back to kill apps ( you must enable this setting in settings/applications/development) (credit cyanogenmod & actngrezy)
- Sampsonite homescreen redraw fix by default (credit sampsonite for fix & actngrezy)
- Swipe to clear indivdual notifications (credit to cyanogenmod team & actngrezy)
- New Elite Wallpapers on sdcard (credit to mojo_droid for wallpapers)
- New Elite boot animation (credit to mojo_droid)
- New video player icon in app drawer from musicmod (elliot stocker)
- New Mms compiled from cyanogen source which allows attachments to be saved to any folder on sdcard not just downloads folder. Also long press search button and it will compose a new mms (credit cyanogen)
- New browser app with extra settings (ful screen browser)(credit to cyanogen)
- All updated apps genie, facebook, twitter, youtube (you must download voice search from market)
- Added Appwidget picker (credit to boombluer)
- fixed lockscreen sounds which werent working in version 2 (credit Actngrezy & Pete)
- New theme with black bar and Android Green highlights (new gingerbread like browser icon)(thanks to kookahdoo)
- Themed Market (credit Liquid)
installwycontacts - Installs wycontacts (credit to wysie)
install cytown - Installs cytown phone app
installmiuicy - installs cytown phone app with miui dialer (credit to blackdroid and liquid for the app)
installd2 = Installs d2 Keyboard (after Installing you need to go to settings/keyboard and check the d2 or HTC keyboard. then select it when your in an empty textfield)
installhtc - Installs Htc keyboard
Do Not run I will fix this weekend. sorry about that
installmb - Installs english version of miui browser (credit to wxrjack and others at xda for app)
Script works but it removes stock browser but it places a backup on sdcard of stock browser. I will fix so stock browser will not be removed.
updatefacebook - updates facebook
updatetwitter - updates twitter
updatelp - updates launcherpro
updatetb - updates titanium backup
installyoutube - installs newest youtube app
installgmail - installs newest gmail app
restorecontacts - restores stock contacts
restorephone - restores stock phone
backupapps - backups all apps
restoreapps - restores all apps
chkrec - checks to ensure you still have a recovery image
cpuinfo - shows cpu information
fixperm - fixes permissions of scripts
godmode - allows any file explorer to view any file
freemem - frees memory 25mb: 50mb:75mb
rb - reboots phone
rr - reboots to recovery
switchmms - switch any mms apk with one on root of sdcard
switchboot - switches boot animation with on on the root of your sdcard
switchlwp - "
sysro - mounts system as read only
sysrw - mounts system as re-writable
zipaling_apks - zipaligns all apks. if framework is not zipaligned then run this script while in recovery using adb
Notes - the user interface tweaks if you check battery percentage tit will overlay another percentage on top of the one there. this is because I used images with a percentage in them so if battery images are switch to any without percentage you can still enable a percentage.
- Still need to fix the save theme portion of the backup and restore theme in elite options
Themes - I will be working on themes tomorrow when I get home from work and over the weekend. I wanted to get this out to you all since its been so long since a release.
- I will post a stock vanilla android version of the rom for anyone who would like to use that.
ROM w Fix included as of 11/22/10 9:52pm (if you download PEV32 file you do not need to flash the fix)
If you downloaded the below link you need to flash the fix.
PATCH/BUG FIX: fix for issue with keyboard beiing extended then tryint to unlock phoen causing bootloop. Please apply this patch after installing rom.(Iwill upload rom with fix when I get to good internet connection.
BUGS: if you notice your phone rebooting when unlocking while keyboard is out on on landscape then you can switch to rotary lockscreen or apply patch above. (Issue has been addressed and fixed)
Also some people have reported when they run install cytown or installmiuicy that they will recieve f.c messages. You may reviece some but then it should be ok. I will correct the scripts as well
If coming from a different rom and would like to back up apps and restore without market load backupapps.zip file below just like you would an update.zip on your current rom then open terminal and run backupapps script.
Then load p.e v3 open terminal (you may have to download terminal from market and run restoreapps (This will not restore you app data only apps)
On your rom
cancel market downloads
Below in post #2 check out the great guide for starting clean, wiping and restoring, and using titanium backup. this guide is great and if you follow you shouldnt have to many issues. (Credit to this goes to GirLuvsDroid)
Slayher kernels (recommended)
You can use any kernel. I would highly recommend the slayher kernels they are awesome! But you can use any kernel with the rom. If you choose a kernel other then slayhers you will lose the compcache feature and the interactive governor. You governor will automatically switch to ondemand if you do use a different kernel.
Rom Installation Instructions
1.download to root of sdcard
2.rename to update.zip
3.reboot into recovery
6.then install again
1.Place on sdcard
2.Go to Install from sd
3.Select the file on your sdcard and install
I'd like to thank Liquid for helping me with the source and the application Elite Options. Mojo_droid for his great help with wallpapers and boot animation. Kookahdoo for his help with the theme.
Also Id like to thank tcrews (he aslo helped answer many of my questions), GirLuvsDroid,Huskerkate,Tapout27 and xlinth which have helped me numerous times with flashing and reflashing diagnosing different bugs and helping me working out the kinks.