DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Project Elite v2 Bug Thread (if there are any ;))

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid!
    I can't help but. Feel like v2 wasn't quite as snappy as v1, maybe it's something I did but if nothing else I'm getting more redraws with LP.

Also it seems like performance w/o compcache is better than w/ compcache; might have had the same issue with Sapphire's compcache but never tested it.
    PROJECT ELITE v6
    Corcor's 1.05Ghz Kernel
    'Auntie Dot' Boot Animation
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    for any rom i try, i always turn compcache off to see if that helps with performance. for my phone, it usually does help.

as for your redraw/lag issue, that's become pretty common across many roms. try the toggle/script from samsonite801, which many people on the forum (myself included) have found very helpful:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Camera Focus

I'm sure this is a Froyo issue, but I still can't find a solid resolution. My D1 camera will no longer autofocus. I'm not sure what caused this, and when it actually happened. I started using the camera much more frequently as of lately, and this issue is quite a burden. Any suggestions would be more than appreciated.

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by projekt128 View Post
    I'm sure this is a Froyo issue, but I still can't find a solid resolution. My D1 camera will no longer autofocus. I'm not sure what caused this, and when it actually happened. I started using the camera much more frequently as of lately, and this issue is quite a burden. Any suggestions would be more than appreciated.
    What theme are you running, have you tried a data wipe and then re-flash everything?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond View Post
    What theme are you running, have you tried a data wipe and then re-flash everything?
    I have a wipe/flash/reflash addiction like many of us.. Running DarkEdge

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond View Post
    I have a wipe/flash/reflash addiction like many of us.. Running DarkEdge
    Yeah..lol..it must be a Darkedge problem, i still am currently running Darkedge and have no problems with the camera..there are still minor things on the theme that need to be patched up to clearly be perfect for running on PE v.2. The theme isnt ment for PE so idk what to do. If your haveing problems with it i would install a different theme and see if that fixes your problem..but other then that i dont know what the problem could be..
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid!
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    for any rom i try, i always turn compcache off to see if that helps with performance. for my phone, it usually does help.

as for your redraw/lag issue, that's become pretty common across many roms. try the toggle/script from samsonite801, which many people on the forum (myself included) have found very helpful:

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop
    By "remove that toggle" do you mean just enter: rm /data/local.prop?
    PROJECT ELITE v6
    Corcor's 1.05Ghz Kernel
    'Auntie Dot' Boot Animation
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post

By "remove that toggle" do you mean just enter: rm /data/local.prop?
    I believe he means to remove the ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 from /data/local.prop

9. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    yes...that is what he means. However you want that local.prop to be there to reduce screen redraw. If you want to delete it you can do so through terminal with the command string above, or simply go to root explorer to the path and long press...and delete the file.

Then reboot after you do that for the changes to take effect.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    After 3 different installs of this rom all 3 with 3x format and 3x cache wipe, it boots up amazing and fast 2 times with the Galazy S them and 1 time stock...randomly my app icons will disappear from app drawer and if its on my screen from there as well. It was not always the same apps, but once they disappeared from the app drawer they could still be found under, settings-apps-manage apps and could be uninstalled then re installed and they would show up again..sometimes stay and sometimes disappear again.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Links