[THEME] Executive Series for Project Elite
YOU USE THIS THEME AT YOUR OWN RISK. FAILURE TO UNDERSTAND YOUR PHONE'S OPERATING SYSTEM AND APPLICATIONS WHICH MAKE THIS THEME POSSIBLE TO INSTALL, CAN HAVE A POTENTIAL NEGATIVE EFFECT WHICH MAY BE IRREVERSIBLE!
YOU SHALL HOLD NEITHER ME, NOR DROIDFORUMS.NET AND/OR THEIR AFFILIATES RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISUSE OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION PROCEDURES
Now that the legal mumbo-jumbo is disclosed.....
I bring to you the Executive Series theme for your MOTOROLA DROID 1 Android device.
An elegant executive style theme. Brushed metal accents along with gloss, wood trim and leather influences. Some icons from my previous themes have been re-used with different color schemes to match this high level of elegance.
I have removed the stock themed keyboard for this theme as the Multi-Touch keyboard was having some issues during my testing. I may add it back in later if I can transfer some images and get the layout to work properly.
INSTALLATIONS OF THEME: PLEASE READ BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL
Some users have issues with FC's (force closes) when applying themes that have been edited from their stock looks.
This can be a result of many things, but is usually a /data/data/ issue and/or conflict with applications.
I have set up a procedure/installation method that will work every time IF you follow the steps exactly as stated.
This method is generally agreed upon by most experienced users and themers to be the best practice when installing themes for you specific ROM.
Steps to follow:
1. First and foremost, make sure you have all of the current/updated files to install a ROM and theme on your SD card.
2. WIPE, WIPE, WIPE! Wipe everything on your phone. This includes the data, cache, system and boot partitions. You can do this in your recovery menu.
3. Install your ROM.zip
4. Install your g_apps.zip
5. REBOOT your phone and sign-in to Google. Once signed in, complete the set-up process and allow the sync to finish.
6. WAIT WAIT WAIT! Wait for ALL your apps to restore from the market. Do not do anything else until your applications have restored! For most people, the apps will restore without a problem. Length of time will vary depending on your connection speed (3G or wi-fi). If your apps do not restore, then you have an issue with the ROM and not the theme.
7. Once your apps have restored, sign-in to any of them that need to be set-up. Example: Pandora, or Google Voice, etc.
8. Now that your phone is all set up, you're good to go, right? Well, if you like Vanilla Android, then I guess so. But now you want something cooler on your phone.
9. Next, complete a FULL NANDROID back up! Why? because if something goes wrong with the theme, you can always go back to stock and not have to re-install the enitire ROM.
10. Once your NANDROID BACKUP is complete, reboot your phone.
11. Now, boot into recovery. Do this by powering down your phone. Slide open your keyboard and hold the "X" button down, then hold the power button down. Keep holding down until you enter the recovery menu.
12. Install theme.
13. Reboot phone.
14. I present to you, your newly themed phone!
Remember, this method is tried and true. Failure to follow these steps, or performing of steps in a different order can/will result in problems for you.
This isn't meant to berate or make fun of anyone, regardless of user experience level. This is meant to make sure you follow a good practice when installing themes
If you don't follow these steps to a "T", I can offer you no help or support as I will have no clue what went wrong in the process.
Please make sure you followed these steps BEFORE you report any issues with the theme :) It'll save me, and more importantly, you, headaches in the long run.
Boot animation preview: CLICK HERE
These themes are ClockworkMod AND SPRecovery compatible.
For use in ROM Manager, simply select "Install ROM from SD card".
For SPRecovery users, simply rename to update.zip and install like normal from your recovery menu.
ADD-ONS: Launcher Pro dock background
App drawer icon: Credit thebowers (Black and Bold theme)
Below are some screenshots of what you can expect your phone to look like upon installation of this theme.