DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM Release] PROJECT ELITE!!

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    don't get CWM and RM mixed up - they are separate. RM is just an app that facilitates the use of dl and installing roms. but, CWM is an actual recovery, just like SPR. some people prefer one over the other, but i've never had any problems with either.

that being said, you are actually in recovery. to get the newly dl'd zip to your sdcard, go to "partitions menu", then "mount USB storage". this is the same as mounting your sdcard when phone is on. from there, just drop the zip file from pc onto root of sdcard. then select "unmount", and use the power button to toggle back to the main menu screen.

from there, it's the same process: wipe data, wipe cache, install zip.
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    that being said, you are actually in recovery. to get the newly dl'd zip to your sdcard, go to "partitions menu", then "mount USB storage". this is the same as mounting your sdcard when phone is on. from there, just drop the zip file from pc onto root of sdcard. then select "unmount", and use the power button to toggle back to the main menu screen.

from there, it's the same process: wipe data, wipe cache, install zip.
    i didnt wipe data and cache since I technically did it with CW already before it tried to open the update package. but after I mounted the sdcard and copied my renamed projectelitev1.zip to sdcard/update.zip and selected "apply:sdcard/update.zip" from CW then rebooted, my about phone now shows the slayer kernel and the build number of FRG22D by Greg. So it appears it worked. thanks for the help huskerkate.

now on to reinstalling my apps first, since I thought I read in this thread that it is best to install apps first and then flash the theme. then have to decide whether I go with the BnB theme or the Evo theme.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    You're right. Restore apps then flash your theme. In addition, I always make a nandroid of the stock ROM with all my prefs and such before the theme is applied. This ensures that if I want to change my theme, I can flash back to the save, then apply the new theme with no compatibility issues. Good luck friend!
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    no prob!! GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!
    T-Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
    i didnt wipe data and cache since I technically did it with CW already before it tried to open the update package. but after I mounted the sdcard and copied my renamed projectelitev1.zip to sdcard/update.zip and selected "apply:sdcard/update.zip" from CW then rebooted, my about phone now shows the slayer kernel and the build number of FRG22D by Greg. So it appears it worked. thanks for the help huskerkate.

now on to reinstalling my apps first, since I thought I read in this thread that it is best to install apps first and then flash the theme. then have to decide whether I go with the BnB theme or the Evo theme.
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    I just wanna know how switch out this PITA keyboard.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    there's lots of different keyboards out there: Swiftkey Beta in mkt (which i use on occasion, and really like); Better keyboard (in mkt); the bowers has multi-touch kbs (in different colors) in his main theme thread; ubrocked themed some htc keyboards for lfy (i think in the v1.4 thread); post #2 or 3 in this thread has an evo kb; you can search around in the forum for the htc whitekeys kb......

personally, i don't like the stock keyboard. one of the first things i do after flashing a rom is installing a different keyboard. some are apps, and some are zip files to be installed thru recovery. if you dig, you will find something to your likeing.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    the keyboard with this rom is the only other one i've tried other than swype...i couldn't handle swype...i'm too old for that...but this keyboard with this rom i hit the space nearly everytime i go for the cvbn keys....i didn't have that problem on the stock...i've tried installing the stock but it never would. i'll look around a bit for something else or maybe even a different version of the stock that will install...thanks husker for the leads....
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    gingersensed thunderbolt
    I am having some issues with, force closes on the phone app....not, really a big deal s
    Since it only happens when I hang up the phone. Runing stock kenrnel and black and bold theme. Anyone else getting this same issue?
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
    I am having some issues with, force closes on the phone app....not, really a big deal s
    Since it only happens when I hang up the phone. Runing stock kenrnel and black and bold theme. Anyone else getting this same issue?
    This is an issue with bnb and I believe executive themes. If u check the the threads on those themes I think there's a fix in there but I'm not sure. Other then that you can always take the phone.apk from the elite rom and drop it into the bnbtheme file then reflash the theme. That will def fix it

Looking for devices to expand p.e.
    Let me know if you have one for sale or to donate.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
    Actngrezy is right- it has to do with the theme. Bowers posted a phone update zip in his thread to fix it.

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Links