DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Serious homescreen redraw. Suggestions?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Serious homescreen redraw. Suggestions?

Here's my setup: PE 6.5, LauncherPro Plus, Elite Series v3 LV 1.1Ghz Kernel.

Okay, this has gotten to the point where I can no longer stand it. I understand that homescreen redraws will happen from time to time, but this is out of hand. The problem is, I get a redraw evertime I do anything with my phone - sometimes taking as long as 45 seconds for my phone to be responsive. If I spend a few seconds in my phone settings and hit the home button - Redraw. If I send a text message via Handcent - Redraw. Heaven forbid I use an app like Facebook or Twitter or browse the web. I've tried locking home in memory via Elite Settings as well a within the LP settings and the problem still persists. I've tried checking the option for "High Priority Launcher" within Elite Settings and still no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Would doing anything with VM heap size, compcache, or purging of assets help? I ask because I've always left that along and kept it at default. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Project Elite v6.5

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Note 2
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamPA1006 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I just got this up and running. I guess time will tell if it works or not.

EDIT: I'm aware that it's only been a few minutes, but I'm already seeing an improvement. I just read some tweets for about 5 minutes and even clicked on a link in one of them that took me directly to the browser. Hitting the home button took me directly back without any redraw. This was impossible for me prior to running this script.
    Last edited by Rodeojones; 08-10-2011 at 11:36 AM.
    Project Elite v6.5
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
    Thanks for the info. I just got this up and running. I guess time will tell if it works or not.

EDIT: I'm aware that it's only been a few minutes, but I'm already seeing an improvement. I just read some tweets for about 5 minutes and even clicked on a link in one of them that took me directly to the browser. Hitting the home button took me directly back without any redraw. This was impossible for me prior to running this script.
    Glad you got it working its definitely confusing. But you redraws are because of the small RAM the OG has (only 256MB) so no matter what ROM you run there is such a limited amount of RAM. The new phones like the Bionic have 1GB so hopefully tweaks like this won't be necessary.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home

Glad you got it working its definitely confusing. But you redraws are because of the small RAM the OG has (only 256MB) so no matter what ROM you run there is such a limited amount of RAM. The new phones like the Bionic have 1GB so hopefully tweaks like this won't be necessary.
    Adam
    I thought that the Bionic was only going to end up with 512?
    Did you read new specs?

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Yeah, I'm aware of the RAM issue and how that was causing my redraw issues. My problem was that redraws with this particular ROM were happening way more frequently and taking longer than with any ROM in the past. In any case, this SuperCharger script worked great. It was simple to get up and running (took me less than 5 minutes) and I haven't had a single redraw or had any apps killed by the OS since. I wish I had come across this earlier.
    Project Elite v6.5
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by danceswithbongs View Post

Adam
    I thought that the Bionic was only going to end up with 512?
    Did you read new specs?

danceswithbongs
    I have also read that it's coming with 1GB of RAM.
    Project Elite v6.5
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    Thanks Mr Fumke
    I think I just saw the same info.
    I had no idea you posted this.
    I seem to have set my email notifications wrong.
    I just don't like not getting to reply quickly with a thanks when someone drops me some knowledge I was seeking.

Great appreciation from the great big gig in the sky

danceswithbongs

Links