DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: {THEME RELEASE} The Steamworks V6.5

1. Sourcery Themer / Designr
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus / ICSourcery
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rck76 View Post
    Before you go too far, do you know anything about boot manager? That could be the problem but I don't see why themes would flash any different than any other zip.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    LOL just sent you a PM on that subject
    I haven't played with it yet. Not sure if that could cause a problem or not
    might be something to ask Gflam about.

2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Yeah, perfect timing, lol, reply sent

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Gflam tried installing with same results, even tried installing on phone and still didn't work, he said it could be a framework issue but not sure why it worked for you and other people.

4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Hey Alastrionia yea we were boot looping installing your theme to one of the slots here's what i did

Installed pe v6.5 to slot 3 then installed your wonderful theme great job by the way looks really nice may need to hire you soon lol anyway after installing pe to slot 3 i booted to it to make sure it worked booted fine. Then went back to boot manager and installed your theme to the slot pe was at and booted again this time i got to the droid eye then it froze for a sec and went back to the droid word and repeated numerous times so boot looped.

So i thought to myself okay let me go to recovery wipe my phone and install pe v6.5 again to the phone and then install your theme and same thing boot looped so i went back again wiped and reinstalled pe 6.5 and then installed the theme again and same thing boot looped from the phone twice got the same results boot manager gave.

So my question then is, is there like an update or something i'm supposed to flash or should stock 6.5 project elite work fine? i couldn't get it to work thorugh boot manager for rck76 or to the phone just wondering if you have any ideas since i was unable to do it on the phone as well.

Great theme though looking forward to hearing back from you send me a pm as well we'll talk on gtalk if there are some larger issues and we'll get it ironed out and get it working on the phone and boot manager. Thanks!

Could be my phone too maybe i've put the d1 through a lot but couldn't get it on the phone still looking forward to hearing back

EDIT: Alright so third time wiping my phone i installed pe v6.5 this time i booted the phone saw that it booted fine then went back and installed the theme third time around it booted so now what i'm thinking is that you need to boot before installing the theme maybe build up the dalvik cache and what not will try this with boot manager soon that is boot the rom first then install the theme and will try again on the phone to make sure
  5. Sourcery Themer / Designr
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus / ICSourcery
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gflam View Post
    Hey Alastrionia yea we were boot looping installing your theme to one of the slots here's what i did

Installed pe v6.5 to slot 3 then installed your wonderful theme great job by the way looks really nice may need to hire you soon lol anyway after installing pe to slot 3 i booted to it to make sure it worked booted fine. Then went back to boot manager and installed your theme to the slot pe was at and booted again this time i got to the droid eye then it froze for a sec and went back to the droid word and repeated numerous times so boot looped.

So i thought to myself okay let me go to recovery wipe my phone and install pe v6.5 again to the phone and then install your theme and same thing boot looped so i went back again wiped and reinstalled pe 6.5 and then installed the theme again and same thing boot looped from the phone twice got the same results boot manager gave.

So my question then is, is there like an update or something i'm supposed to flash or should stock 6.5 project elite work fine? i couldn't get it to work thorugh boot manager for rck76 or to the phone just wondering if you have any ideas since i was unable to do it on the phone as well.

Great theme though looking forward to hearing back from you send me a pm as well we'll talk on gtalk if there are some larger issues and we'll get it ironed out and get it working on the phone and boot manager. Thanks!

Could be my phone too maybe i've put the d1 through a lot but couldn't get it on the phone still looking forward to hearing back

EDIT: Alright so third time wiping my phone i installed pe v6.5 this time i booted the phone saw that it booted fine then went back and installed the theme third time around it booted so now what i'm thinking is that you need to boot before installing the theme maybe build up the dalvik cache and what not will try this with boot manager soon that is boot the rom first then install the theme and will try again on the phone to make sure
    Hey Gflam,

So it did eventually load up for you correctly, just seemed to take longer than usual.
    I'm thinking that maybe it has something to do with my changes to the slider tab and rotary tab layouts
    and potentially with the size of my custom pulldown in the systemUI (2mb systemui - it's unheard of, LOL )
    maybe as you said the Dalvik just needs to be built up at least in a basic way before moving forward.

Aside from making sure that the updates to gmail (removing the 2.3.5 patch) and the market updates (if it's 3.0.26 plus the patch there)
    are removed prior to installing, it's pretty run of the mill theme wise.

Also, PM sent your way

6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Yeah, I finally got the theme to work on my phone too, just not with boot manager. If SS 5.5 doesn't drop soon, I might TiBu backup and run this as a full time rom. Any chance you could port your themes to SS 5.5 when it drops? Nice work, lol, I thought I didn't have a market at first, but I see the name changed

7. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbk View Post
    Perhaps if you were to darken that background several shades....I think then the beige text will show much better?
    Quote Originally Posted by stetsonaw View Post
    By that do you mean just make the background transparency overlay a bit more translucent? like instead of #40000000, #80000000?
    No what I meant was to darken the actual bg png... like this..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails {THEME RELEASE} The Steamworks V6.5-snap20110814_072621.png   {THEME RELEASE} The Steamworks V6.5-snap20110814_073003.png  
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    GSM Galaxy S3 & GSM Note 2
    Premium Member
    Wow - that really does make a difference!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer
    I've been running Mbk's TruBlue_HoneyGingerComb theme for a while and I really like it. I thought I'd try out The Steamworks and I really like it too. The animated pulldown is incredible. However, I'm having some problems that I don't see others complaining about, so it's gotta be something I'm doing. In Gmail I can't see the words in emails sent to me because the letters are black. The emails I send have gold letters, so I can see them fine. For the life of me I cannot find anywhere in any menu a config option for text colors in Gmail. I also agree with the post about the contact names being too difficult to see. I really would love to keep this theme for a while, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I forgot to add that I have a photograph as my wallpaper. I don't think this matters with regard to text color, but does it matter in the case of my backgrounds within the theme not being black, as I see them in your screenshots?
    Last edited by Captain Crypto; 09-15-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer Edition
    Acer A700
    Nook Color
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links