DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [POSSIBLE FIX] Phone issues on Gingerbread

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1

Cool [POSSIBLE FIX] Phone issues on Gingerbread

I also had issues with the notorious speakerphone/mute/force close bug when answering a call on all Gingebread ROMS, not just PE. However, I installed a LV kernel, and set the governor to interactive, the minimum frequency to 500 MHz and the max to 1000 MHz, with the theory being that because the phones that are supposed to run Gingerbread via OEM have processors upwards of 800 MHz+, Gingerbread may not just be capable of retrieving calls from sleep at the low frequencies of our Droids (from what I have read, most people set the minimum to 250 - 400 MHz.) I tested this by placing 15 phones calls to my phone to see, and was able to answer them without any issues, as opposed to about 4 out out of every 15 FC'ing before I jacked up the frequencies. I played around a bit more, and it seems the sweet spot is 500 MHz or higher minimum frequency, and 800 MHz or higher max to avoid issues. It may be in my head, but it appears on my phone at least, this is the solution. If you are worried about your phone running hot or battery drain, I am using one of CorCor's LV kernel's and my phone is cool and lasting a solid 15 hours with heavy use. Let me know if this works for anyone else!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jyeley5 View Post
    I also had issues with the notorious speakerphone/mute/force close bug when answering a call on all Gingebread ROMS, not just PE. However, I installed a LV kernel, and set the governor to interactive, the minimum frequency to 500 MHz and the max to 1000 MHz, with the theory being that because the phones that are supposed to run Gingerbread via OEM have processors upwards of 800 MHz+, Gingerbread may not just be capable of retrieving calls from sleep at the low frequencies of our Droids (from what I have read, most people set the minimum to 250 - 400 MHz.) I tested this by placing 15 phones calls to my phone to see, and was able to answer them without any issues, as opposed to about 4 out out of every 15 FC'ing before I jacked up the frequencies. I played around a bit more, and it seems the sweet spot is 500 MHz or higher minimum frequency, and 800 MHz or higher max to avoid issues. It may be in my head, but it appears on my phone at least, this is the solution. If you are worried about your phone running hot or battery drain, I am using one of CorCor's LV kernel's and my phone is cool and lasting a solid 15 hours with heavy use. Let me know if this works for anyone else!

ill give it a try! thanks!
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    I wonder if using setcpu's incall profile would work the same way...because the whole point of running low frequencies is to let the phone cool off more quickly and mainly for better battery life

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I'll try that, I had it set at 250. My only problem with PE is sometimes when I answer a phone call from sleep, it will continue to vibrate during the call and I can't end the call. When the other person hangs up, the call ends and the Phone force closes. The Dialer doesn't work again until I do a battery pull. This happened the 2nd day I flashed PE (Friday), then worked great all weekend and Monday, then today it did it twice in a row. I have answered probably 3 calls since then that went OK.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I went to 500 min with the governor at interactive. I hope this doesn't hurt battery life much. I really need to see 14 hrs of life.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    Any word on this? This is the only issue that has been plaguing me with the gingerbread roms as well. It seems that 4 days of running a gingerbread rom is the sweet spot. After 4 days, my chances of not being able to answer incoming calls goes up. And the longer I leave my phone on (hour wise) doesn't help either.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2
    My gingerbread update was acting up so I did a factory reset and it works flawlessly I really like it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    I wouldn't say the GB roms are acting up. It's just answering phone calls that is the issue. I've played with about 5-6 different roms over the past couple weeks now with the same results on answering calls.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Thanks for posting this

I've noticed this too, especially since the Droid wasn't suppose to get GB in the first place I figured it was because it runs at a lower speed and not really a memory issue. What I've found out is that CorCor's kernels are better than the default and actngrezy's kernels. I don't know why but his higher speeds tend to work with my phone. In using Actngrezy's kernels even the faster ones I would still have trouble picking up the phone. Right now I'm using CorCor's 1.05 ghz, runs flawlessly.
    P.E 6 Beta No theme
    2.2.3 GRI40
    actngrezy kernel 1.0
    C_01.43.01P Baseband
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    villain1998, I took your advice and stuck on a LV 1200 CorCor kernel and it's been working beautfully. I've been able to answer my phone for the past 3 days straight now.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I know a lot of guys are keen on running their d1 @ 1ghz+, but I really do not see the need.

This is how I run my Droid, no matter what rom/kernal combo. I use either a 600 or 700 slot and run it at performance governor. It never has wake up lag like you get with ondemand governor. 600-700mhz is more than enough to run apps and games on the D1 (cpu speed is not the d1's issue, its the lack of ram).

Give it a try,battery life is great and performance is too. I think you'll change your mind.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links