DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the actual phone in pe

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Turn off vibrate and change kernels. I do not have the phone issue you are talking about
    PE v6 Beta. holy crap i think GB bugs are gone!
    custom CorCor kernel
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepius View Post
    Turn off vibrate and change kernels. I do not have the phone issue you are talking about
    Again everyone's phone acts and works differently, so the answer is to our vibrate problem is to not use it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Evolution 3.0 ROM
    ak 532.42 dummy kernel
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    I've never had the "vibrate" issue. The issue I'm having is when I answer it automatically puts the phone into mute and speakerphone and then the screen becomes irresponsive and frozen and I need to do a battery pull. If I wait till the other person hangs up it causes the phone to force close repeatedly over an over till I do a battery pull.

I'm in the process of tryin to switch out kernals and see if one makes a difference but when playin with kernals its never a short process for me, usually takes a couple days.

In the meantime thanks to everyone that responded to this thread.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Been using PE6.5 since it dropped and have not had the vibrate issue... up until 5 minutes ago... my phone kept vibrating like it was ringing... my girlfriend on the other line could still hear me and I could hear her in-between the vib pulses, the phone then force closed... kinda weird :-P
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    I've been having the same issue as well. I posted in another thread for a possible fix, but haven't heard anything.

Initially when I instal GB roms, the phone will act normal for about 4 days. After that, the phone go to speaker and crash on an incoming call. It seems like the more frequently I reboot the phone and not let it idle, the less chance I will have of getting that problem.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    This is the one current GB ROM that I don't get the phone issues.
    Actually, Simply Stunning as well, though not as current as LGB2.0 versions and last few MIUIs.
    The vibration issue and not being able to answer, either because it stays on the app I have open or sometimes won't respond to hitting answer or rotary.

I had thought it was originating from a Cyanogen change made after SS 5.4 was released, since LGB and MIUI use Cyanogen as the base to be built upon.

But seeing that you guys are still having the problem on PE makes me worry that entropy is upon our old OGs? Though that doesn't address why I and others have been lucky enough to be "phone issue" free.

That sucks to hear about. Sorry, I wish I had any clue as to the underlying cause. Since I still can encounter the problem on my other ROMs.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    I wanted to report back. I took the advice of villain1998 on using CorCor's kernel. I stuck on his LV 1200 kernel and have not had a single incident of not being able to answer my phone.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I have not had any problems with the phone but I wanted to bring up that I think that PE and most of the GB roms these days use a modified phone.apk based on cytown's phone and wysie's wycontacts enhancements. This phone.apk might be more resource intensive (also themes may cause it to use more ram depending on the size of the pics used) or it may have some bugs that aren't totally worked out. For those of you having issues you might try to find the regular phone.apk (Pete's stock GB builds probably have it, I haven't used them before so IDK) then you could overwrite the phone.apk currently in system to see if that helps. You will lose some features but maybe the basic phone will work better for you (you could also try using the basic contacts.apk too). I don't know if there would be some other data or compatibility issue when you swap it out, it was just a thought I had that might help people out.
    Last edited by GodfatherIP; 08-08-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    Project Elite v6.5 Link2SD for apps on sdext and Super Freaking Charged thanks to ZepplinRox!
    Thanks to all the devs out there keeping the OG Droid running strong!
    Join Dropbox for all your file storage and sharing needs, join from this link to give me more space
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Zepius,

Thank you so much. The ONE issue I had with the Project Elite ROM was the slow call response. Your kernel has fixed my issue. The dialer works perfectly now.

It tops out at 900mhz, but I am more than happy to trade 100mhz of speed for a stable dialer. Thanks a lot.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    JeffDenver,

Just curious. Did you ever try a CorCor kernel? I've been running a CorCor kernel for a couple weeks now, and both PE and Liquid roms that I've tried with broken dialers have been fixed.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links