DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: PEGBv6.5 - systemUI.apk pulldown animation compile error

  1. Master Droid
    rabbitfoot's Avatar
    Member #
    29919
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    nYc
    Posts
    407
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    d1-->gnex/nexus 10
    #1

    PEGBv6.5 - systemUI.apk pulldown animation compile error

    hey all,

    i'm trying to create an animated pulldown for the newest PEGBv6.5 (thank you to the whole team for your hard work!) but keep getting this error when compiling:

    Code:
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\res\layout\status_bar.xml:17: error: Error: Resource is not public. (at 'textAppearance' with value '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker').
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\res\layout\status_bar.xml:18: error: Error: Resource is not public. (at 'textAppearance' with value '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker').
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable\stat_sys_gps_acquiring_anim.xml:5: error: Error: Resource is not public. (at 'drawable' with value '@android:drawable/stat_sys_gps_on').
    Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8724591594580366028.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Owner\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
    	at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:193)
    	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
    	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
    	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
    	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
    	at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:174)
    	at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:59)
    Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8724591594580366028.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Owner\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
    	at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
    	at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:191)
    	... 6 more
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    i can't even get the systemUI.apk to compile w/o making any changes to it. i used Alastrionia's animated pulldown animation that he made for PE (love all your work, mate.).

    any help is greatly appreciated.

    best,
    rf
    project elite for g-nex - the pYrple rabbYt



    if you like what i do, say "please", "thank you", and "excuse me"; and open doors for strangers

    if you haven't, click me to join dropbox and get extra storage!
  2. Sourcery Themer / Designr
    Alastrionia's Avatar
    Member #
    122046
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sunnyside, WA
    Posts
    361
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus / ICSourcery
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #2
    Rabbit,

    you're using the stock systemUI from this release correct?
    and just making the changes as I did in the thread I made for animated pulldowns?

    I just got done making another one for my Medieval release and didn't have any issues.
    check and see if in the status bar tracking xml if there is an added "\" mark on those text appearance lines. With APK 4.9 sometimes it adds that in when it shouldn't and that can cause issues.

  3. Master Droid
    rabbitfoot's Avatar
    Member #
    29919
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    nYc
    Posts
    407
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    d1-->gnex/nexus 10
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastrionia View Post
    Rabbit,

    you're using the stock systemUI from this release correct?
    and just making the changes as I did in the thread I made for animated pulldowns?

    I just got done making another one for my Medieval release and didn't have any issues.
    check and see if in the status bar tracking xml if there is an added "\" mark on those text appearance lines. With APK 4.9 sometimes it adds that in when it shouldn't and that can cause issues.
    hey, thanks for the help. pm'ed you back

    best,
    rf
    project elite for g-nex - the pYrple rabbYt



    if you like what i do, say "please", "thank you", and "excuse me"; and open doors for strangers

    if you haven't, click me to join dropbox and get extra storage!
  4. Master Droid
    rabbitfoot's Avatar
    Member #
    29919
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    nYc
    Posts
    407
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    d1-->gnex/nexus 10
    #4
    in case anybody else has parents who are related (i'm going to test this now): APK Manager Issues

    best,
    rf
    project elite for g-nex - the pYrple rabbYt



    if you like what i do, say "please", "thank you", and "excuse me"; and open doors for strangers

    if you haven't, click me to join dropbox and get extra storage!
  5. Master Droid
    666ogre666's Avatar
    Member #
    41110
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    585
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    Gil_Smash
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    How's your theme coming besides that? I'm excited to get some honeycomb action going

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Rom: SteelDroid Nexus 1.0
    Theme: Stock
    Kernel: franco.Kernel Nightly
    Launcher: Nova
  6. Master Droid
    rabbitfoot's Avatar
    Member #
    29919
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    nYc
    Posts
    407
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    d1-->gnex/nexus 10
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 666ogre666 View Post
    How's your theme coming besides that? I'm excited to get some honeycomb action going

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    it's going well. i'm having some issues with the thin progress bar and won't have much time to work on it until tonight (dance lesson w/ my fiance soon).

    inverted text and all the images are looking good, though. we all know the thin progress bars are what we live for

    best,
    rf

    *edit* alastronia is awesome. systemUI.apk is a go. everything is looking good. just need to fix the thin progress bars when i get some time
    Last edited by rabbitfoot; 07-22-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    project elite for g-nex - the pYrple rabbYt



    if you like what i do, say "please", "thank you", and "excuse me"; and open doors for strangers

    if you haven't, click me to join dropbox and get extra storage!
  7. Android For Life
    Mbk's Avatar
    Member #
    65152
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,170
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #7
    In order to get the thin progrss bars, you need to add the pngs and edit the XMLs while decompiled, and those need to be recompiled along with the resources.arsc...
  8. Master Droid
    rabbitfoot's Avatar
    Member #
    29919
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    nYc
    Posts
    407
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    d1-->gnex/nexus 10
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbk View Post
    In order to get the thin progrss bars, you need to add the pngs and edit the XMLs while decompiled, and those need to be recompiled along with the resources.arsc...
    hey MBK,

    i tried that and this is what i'm getting:
    Code:
    'mode' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    java version "1.6.0_24"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
    W: Could not find sources
    I: Checking whether resources has changed...
    I: Building resources...
    ERROR: 9-patch image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_bg_holo_light.9.png malformed.
           No marked region found along edge.
           Found along top edge.
    ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_bg_holo_light.9.png
    ERROR: 9-patch image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_primary_holo_light.9.png malformed.
           No marked region found along edge.
           Found along top edge.
    ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_primary_holo_light.9.png
    ERROR: 9-patch image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_secondary_holo_light.9.png malformed.
           No marked region found along edge.
           Found along top edge.
    ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_secondary_holo_light.9.png
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2779: error: Public symbol drawable/activity_title_bar declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2557: error: Public symbol drawable/app_icon_background declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2656: error: Public symbol drawable/arrow_down_float declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2657: error: Public symbol drawable/arrow_up_float declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2780: error: Public symbol drawable/battery_charge_background declared here is not defined.
    maybe i'm doing something wrong with draw9patch?

    thanks,
    rf
    Last edited by rabbitfoot; 07-23-2011 at 05:48 AM.
    project elite for g-nex - the pYrple rabbYt



    if you like what i do, say "please", "thank you", and "excuse me"; and open doors for strangers

    if you haven't, click me to join dropbox and get extra storage!
  9. Android For Life
    Mbk's Avatar
    Member #
    65152
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,170
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitfoot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbk View Post
    In order to get the thin progrss bars, you need to add the pngs and edit the XMLs while decompiled, and those need to be recompiled along with the resources.arsc...
    hey MBK,

    i tried that and this is what i'm getting:
    Code:
    'mode' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    java version "1.6.0_24"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
    W: Could not find sources
    I: Checking whether resources has changed...
    I: Building resources...
    ERROR: 9-patch image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_bg_holo_light.9.png malformed.
           No marked region found along edge.
           Found along top edge.
    ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_bg_holo_light.9.png
    ERROR: 9-patch image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_primary_holo_light.9.png malformed.
           No marked region found along edge.
           Found along top edge.
    ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_primary_holo_light.9.png
    ERROR: 9-patch image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_secondary_holo_light.9.png malformed.
           No marked region found along edge.
           Found along top edge.
    ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_secondary_holo_light.9.png
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2779: error: Public symbol drawable/activity_title_bar declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2557: error: Public symbol drawable/app_icon_background declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2656: error: Public symbol drawable/arrow_down_float declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2657: error: Public symbol drawable/arrow_up_float declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2780: error: Public symbol drawable/battery_charge_background declared here is not defined.
    maybe i'm doing something wrong with draw9patch?

    thanks,
    rf
    Sounds like you aren't defining one of the guides
  10. Master Droid
    rabbitfoot's Avatar
    Member #
    29919
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    nYc
    Posts
    407
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    d1-->gnex/nexus 10
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbk View Post
    Sounds like you aren't defining one of the guides
    yup, it was the .9.png's!

    thank you, again!

    best,
    rf
    project elite for g-nex - the pYrple rabbYt



    if you like what i do, say "please", "thank you", and "excuse me"; and open doors for strangers

    if you haven't, click me to join dropbox and get extra storage!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How to compile your own kernel.
    By adrynalyne in forum Rescue Squad Guides
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 02:41 PM
  2. /system/app/systemUI.apk missing from D2G
    By me2cute2c in forum Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 06:28 PM
  3. Image editing Photoshop compile error
    By BalistikBill in forum Android Themes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 05:01 PM
  4. decompile/compile Mms.apk
    By sneaky_zekey in forum Team D1-MIUI
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 10:06 PM

Search tags for this page

animated systmui for android
,
cant recompile apk error
,
compile systemui.apk
,
error compiling systemui.apk
,

error: public symbol drawable/arrow down float declared here

,
how to compile systemui.apk
,
public symbol drawable/arrow down float declared here is not
,
solve recompile systemui.apk error public symbol drawable/
,

systemui.apk

,
systemui.apk missing
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+