DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: New Malware Targeting Custom Roms

  1. Droid
    nuguy's Avatar
    Member #
    25765
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    55
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #1

    New Malware Targeting Custom Roms

  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    sonicfreak360's Avatar
    Member #
    106453
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    534
    Twitter
    I don't post on twitz
    Phone
    Motorola droid 1
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
    I'd say you are already protected if you know what you are installing. Don't worry about it!

    But mostly, DON'T get an anti-virus!
  4. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicfreak360 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
    I'd say you are already protected if you know what you are installing. Don't worry about it!

    But mostly, DON'T get an anti-virus!
    Run a Custom ROM for improved performance and then install Lookout?

    Look hard enough and you can find anything on the Internet. I wouldn't worry either.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    GOBIAS Industries's Avatar
    Member #
    27727
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    I always thought it to be odd that security is never mentioned on any of these custom ROM boards. And even more so that when a user brings up the issue in a very simple way there are exactly 2 responses. I think a post from Devs to reassure users what the issues are and why or (hopefully) why not there should be concern would be extremely helpful.

    Thanks for all that you do and I literally can't wait until a full PE version 6. Beta version sounds too buggy and my D1 is on its last legs and I'm hoping for a smooth ROM to hold me over until I'm up for an update on 8/1.
  6. Droid
    ChuckDz3's Avatar
    Member #
    158159
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Naptown
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS Industries View Post
    Thanks for all that you do and I literally can't wait until a full PE version 6. Beta version sounds too buggy and my D1 is on its last legs and I'm hoping for a smooth ROM to hold me over until I'm up for an update on 8/1.
    I really think you should give the beta a try. I thought the same thing for a while, my D1 was really struggling and an upgrade from VZW couldn't come soon enough. I tried the beta version about a week ago and I have been nothing less than completely satisfied. I wish I would have tried it sooner, because of all the problems I was having from PE 5.0.2 were giving me. They really have made some major improvements. I don't have the 'vibrate from death' when answering my phone calls anymore, nor do I have multiple apps closing on me when multitasking. This really is a polished version I would definitely give it a try. Why not? make a back up and get flashing!
  7. Junior Droid
    GOBIAS Industries's Avatar
    Member #
    27727
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20
    Phone
    Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDz3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS Industries View Post
    Thanks for all that you do and I literally can't wait until a full PE version 6. Beta version sounds too buggy and my D1 is on its last legs and I'm hoping for a smooth ROM to hold me over until I'm up for an update on 8/1.
    I really think you should give the beta a try. I thought the same thing for a while, my D1 was really struggling and an upgrade from VZW couldn't come soon enough. I tried the beta version about a week ago and I have been nothing less than completely satisfied. I wish I would have tried it sooner, because of all the problems I was having from PE 5.0.2 were giving me. They really have made some major improvements. I don't have the 'vibrate from death' when answering my phone calls anymore, nor do I have multiple apps closing on me when multitasking. This really is a polished version I would definitely give it a try. Why not? make a back up and get flashing!
    Well you twisted my arm.... Glad to hear this. I was getting the vibrate from death, gmail not sending emails out for multiple days, dropped 3g, constant fc's. I tried several kernels and have since given up and have been just dealing with it. Oh and the camera and video camera are extremely unreliable. But I will give the beta a try. Every day i check and when i see that the final isn't up yet i say, eh i'll just wait a day. Going to try it out when I get home tonight. Thanks!
  8. Droid
    ChuckDz3's Avatar
    Member #
    158159
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Naptown
    Posts
    77
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS Industries View Post
    Well you twisted my arm.... Glad to hear this. I was getting the vibrate from death, gmail not sending emails out for multiple days, dropped 3g, constant fc's. I tried several kernels and have since given up and have been just dealing with it. Oh and the camera and video camera are extremely unreliable. But I will give the beta a try. Every day i check and when i see that the final isn't up yet i say, eh i'll just wait a day. Going to try it out when I get home tonight. Thanks!
    Haha good I'm glad I did. You sound just like I did, everyday I would wake up and say the same thing, 'oh I'll just wait another day for the final release' until I got fed up with my problems and dived into the beta. I was having most of the same problems as you were and the beta did fix 95% of them. So it is definitely worth a try. You might have to play around with the kernals our there because every phone is different. My phone didn't like the stock kernal on the beta so I tried the deprimed kernal and it has been flawless. I did read that a lot of people like the corcor kernal as well so you might want to try one of these if you're still having problems. Also pete's kernals I read ran really well too.

    Here's the links for deprimed and corcors...
    CorCor
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pro...e-kernels.html

    Deprimed
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cya...f-you-can.html

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 03:29 AM
  2. New Malware targeting custom ROMs
    By bishop in forum ChevyNo1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 07:03 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 07:51 PM
  4. New to custom roms
    By kid-lidale in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 02:06 PM
  5. New to Custom ROMs
    By Bilgediver in forum UltimateDroid
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 07:52 AM

Search tags for this page

android camera malware

,

android custom rom virus

,

android hacked custom rom virus

,

android hacked malware

,

anti virus for custom android rom

,

custom moto droid roms

,

custom rom antivirus

,

how to find malware in custom roms

,

lookout camera malware

,

lookout camera malware alert

,

malware custom rom

,

moto+droid+custom roms

,

virus malware on custom rom

,

virus on droid rom

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+