DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little help please....

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid a855

A little help please....

hey everybody, im not sure if im posting his in the right place or not, but i have a small issue. i have a droid 1 that is rooted and currently running the project elite 2 rom. i have rom manager installed and it says that it is working properly. ive flashed roms before and its worked fine, but the past few times ive flashed roms, it installs through clockwork recovery and it says it was done properly, but when it reboots, all i see is a dos looking screen that says bootloader. any help would be greatly appreciated. feel free to email me at Mod Edit: Personal Information removed

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Backnblack; 04-18-2011 at 11:36 AM.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    when you are restarting after install, are you sure you are not chosing restart to bootloader vs restart system?

anyways, if thats not it then try to reflash clockword by flashing SPRecovery and then back to clockwork through ROM Manager.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid a855

re: a little help please

when i use rom manager i download the rom and then wipe data and cache, then it goes into recovery mode and installs the rom and reboots to the new rom, but now it installs the rom and reboots to the bootloader screen. ive even tried a nandroid restore to a rom i had before and i still get the bootloader and i either have to plug it into the wall charger a bunch of times or i have to pull the battery and keep restarting it until it boots the project elite rom. oh also i tried to flash SPRecovery and then back to clockwork but when i try to flash SPRecovery it says "an error occured while flashing your recovery" but i can flash clockwork fine.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    motorola droid bionic
    your not plugged into your computer when you try to reboot are you? you could always try and download the zip to laptop and put on sdcard then install through recovery that way. try flashing the recoverys a few times then reboot then try again. never had luck with rom manager i only use it to name my backups.

Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    Running: ICS 6.7.246
    With Apex Launcher

Get dropbox i need more space:
    http://db.tt/rhMQYz60
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    my two cents is to get rid of clockwork and rom manager. i had that and i even had the paid one and had a lot of trouble with it. i would suggest starting up from scratch. unrooting, then re-rooting but don't install rom manager or clockwork. leave it with SPRecovery. i haven't had any problems with it at all.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid a855
    im afraid if i un-root it, it will be stuck at the bootloader. is it possible to fix that if it happens? also, any of you can feel free to pm me. i have the droid forums app on my phone so ill still get the message if im not near my laptop. i apologize if i sound like a rookie, but lets face it. i am haha.
    Last edited by Alex624; 04-20-2011 at 07:46 AM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X & Droid 1
    I always sbf with RSD for clean wipe, I have done it several times with my DX & D1 just be sure to use the right version of RSD that program is funny like that.

Moto Droid
    GPA15 (4-16) Beta stock
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    jbyrd0514
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Premium Member
    And make sure to use the correct system version. For example if you are on 2.3.340 use that sbf.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Actually never had issues with clockwork or spr. One or the other will get finicky after flashing one to the other, but always settles.

If the 2 don't work try flashing RZ recovery. It's based off of spr with a lot of feature enhancements. It's under raidzero's section.

Quote Originally Posted by armopride07 View Post
    my two cents is to get rid of clockwork and rom manager. i had that and i even had the paid one and had a lot of trouble with it. i would suggest starting up from scratch. unrooting, then re-rooting but don't install rom manager or clockwork. leave it with SPRecovery. i haven't had any problems with it at all.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid a855
    i tried searching for SPRecovery on the market. is it via pc only?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links