DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: music.apk not recognizing new music

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    d1-->gnex/nexus 10

music.apk not recognizing new music

so i dropped a few new folders in /sdcard/music last night and my music.apk isn't recognizing them, nor is my cubed music app. they play fine when i open them in es file explorer, though. some of my folders in there have sub-folders and others simply have the mp3s in there.

i tried wiping data from the music app, then rebooted and wiped cache from recovery, but still no dice.

anybody else have this problem or have a solution?

thanks!

best,
    rf
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    A long time back, I created a "media" folder on the base of my SDcard, and I created a sub-folder for notifications, another for mp3's, etc. I drop all of my music into the mp3 folder, and mixzing (which is what I primarily use) and music.apk pick it up just fine.

Just a suggestion? I'm not that knowledgeable, I just like to pretend.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    d1-->gnex/nexus 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Staveandor View Post
    A long time back, I created a "media" folder on the base of my SDcard, and I created a sub-folder for notifications, another for mp3's, etc. I drop all of my music into the mp3 folder, and mixzing (which is what I primarily use) and music.apk pick it up just fine.

Just a suggestion? I'm not that knowledgeable, I just like to pretend.
    thank you staveandor. your advice kinda helped and i appreciate it. i have a bigger problem now, though

so i took my music folder located in /sdcard and moved it to /sdcard/media then opened my music.apk and it recognized the songs!

i then tried to open the new songs and the message "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file" pops up, even for songs that it previously played. so i went into recovery, wiped cache, and rebooted. when i opened music.apk it said it was scanning the sdcard. when i tried to play music, the same message pops up though they play fine when played directly from es file explorer.

*edit* so i took everything in my /sdcard/media/music and moved it to /sdcard/media, went into recovery, wiped cache, then rebooted. still no dice.

i then went back and moved 1,200 of my mp3s to /sdcard/media/mp3 (also tried mp3s), wiped cache, rebooted-- still no dice.

*yet another edit* so i deleted the mp3s off of my sdcard and wiped data on my music.apk when i open music.apk it still shows all of the artists, albums, etc. as it did before. i think music.apk was trying to play files that didn't exist or was pointing toward the wrong path. so i went to Tibu and wiped media (highlighted in green). how do i get music.apk to find the songs that i've reloaded?

*last edit* looks like the media wipe did it. i just kept music.apk open for a while so it could find the mp3s.

best,
    rf
    Last edited by rabbitfoot; 03-16-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    project elite for g-nex - the pYrple rabbYt

if you like what i do, say "please", "thank you", and "excuse me"; and open doors for strangers

if you haven't, click me to join dropbox and get extra storage!

Links