DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 25 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: {ROM RELEASE}ProjectElite v5 Gingerbread AOSP

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpyestrada View Post
    So I run ADW Ex version 1.2.2.

Every time I install a new rom I make sure to go to the Backup/Restore menu inside of ADW and backup my desktop configuration and the ADW settings and it has always worked out before.

Now I have installed PE5.0 and installed ADW and for some reason I am unable to restore the backed up desktop configuration. It looks like my ADW settings restored but it will not accept the desktop.

I am coming from LGB 1.2 where it was running perfectly happy.

Any thoughts?
    I had the same problem when trying to load up CM7....here's what I did on PE 5 and it worked...I havn't tested on CM7 to see if it would have changed things but here goes...

seems like using Titanium to restore adw and then restore settings with GB doesn't work. I unchecked it during restore and downloaded it manually through the market. then restored desktop. worked fine. try that way if you indeed restored through Tb
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    CoFoltman84
    Phone
    One X...For now...
    Quote Originally Posted by sincerity View Post
    root explorer FC here immediately too... 2.10.3 version and I tried to uninstall and reinstall and same issue

other than that...this **** right here???? is amazing. Nice work!!!!
    The old version had a problem with Gingerbread that was fixed in a recent release. Time to pony up and actually pay for that app.
    off topic: when are they making it so you can buy apps by throwing the cost onto your vzw bill?

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by droidlady05 View Post
    [GLD,
    I was not able to use RZrecovery, because his thread states you need to use RSD Lite, which I'm not knowledgable on. But, I will become familiar per your and HuskerKates suggestion. Over the next few days I'll be reading the 89 pages of his recovery thread.

I'm still a noob to rooting and flashing.

Whew! I just got off of a rollercoaster ride! After, flashing recovery and backing up my current setup in Rom Manager (RM) I couldn't boot into recovery. I had to do a battery pull and flash CWM and the alternate recovery in Rom Manager three times alternating back in forth to fix the problem. I not sure if I did something wrong to cause the problem or if it was CWM and RM.

Thank you for your great directions and how to guides about TIBU and doing a clean install with the various recovery methods. Everything is flashed and restored using your directions, once I was able to boot into recovery.

I want to be up to speed on RSD Lite by the weekend, so I can try the RZrecovery method per my CWM rollercoaster ride. I'm hoping by then there will be themes compatible with PEv5, so I can reflash everything then.
    getting a recovery to "stick" is a common issue with CWM/RM. your experience of having to flash alternate recoveries is extremely common - you didn't do anything wrong. that's one of the reasons i only use RZR now - flash it and be done with it.

you don't have to use RSD to flash RZR - it's just one way. he has made his recovery available as an update.zip. so, if you can get into CWM or SPR, you can just flash it the same way as a rom, and then you have a new recovery - easy peasy! i've done it as an update.zip and as an sbf - they both work. flashing as an update.zip is obviously the easier way.
    "Maybe you guys need a refresher course - it's all ballbearings nowadays!!" -- Fletch

"Goonga Galoonga...No - Goonga Lagoonga..." -- Carl, "Caddyshack"
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC THUNDERBOLT ADR6400L
    root explorer FC here immediately too... 2.10.3 version and I tried to uninstall and reinstall and same issue

other than that...this **** right here???? is amazing. Nice work!!!!
    The old version had a problem with Gingerbread that was fixed in a recent release. Time to pony up and actually pay for that app.

+1!!! it's worked on GB for a couple of versions now.....
    HTC THUNDERBOLT
    Das BAMF 1.6.3 Remix
    Adrynaline's Control Freak v2.0 Kernel @ 1400MHZ

Want a Dropbox account? Get 250mb of extra space by following this link: http://db.tt/ldMayfk
    HOW TO INSTALL ROMS AND KERNELS ON YOUR THUNDERBOLT:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thu...underbolt.html
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    So I run ADW Ex version 1.2.2.

Every time I install a new rom I make sure to go to the Backup/Restore menu inside of ADW and backup my desktop configuration and the ADW settings and it has always worked out before.

Now I have installed PE5.0 and installed ADW and for some reason I am unable to restore the backed up desktop configuration. It looks like my ADW settings restored but it will not accept the desktop.

I am coming from LGB 1.2 where it was running perfectly happy.

Any thoughts?
    I had the same problem when trying to load up CM7....here's what I did on PE 5 and it worked...I havn't tested on CM7 to see if it would have changed things but here goes...

seems like using Titanium to restore adw and then restore settings with GB doesn't work. I unchecked it during restore and downloaded it manually through the market. then restored desktop. worked fine. try that way if you indeed restored through Tb
    I've already tried that. I did originally restore with TB, but when it didn't work, I uninstalled and reinstalled from market. Still no restore.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Good morning to one and all....I have just read every post on here this morning ,and all I have to say is WOW...I've never seen so many top DF peeps (dev's, mod's ,themer's) and likes rave about a rom before like this one....so I'm going to come off my UD high horse and give it a try....PS I think the only person missing was Miami...lol
    Oh God The Voices....

SENT FROM THE
    DOG
    POUND..
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    HI! IS there anyway to disable the over scroll bounce? Otherwise this ROM is so bad ass!! Thank you guys!
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfushoes View Post
    HI! IS there anyway to disable the over scroll bounce? Otherwise this ROM is so bad ass!! Thank you guys!
    yea there is a way. somewhere in the settings, sry i dont have pe5 flashed now cuz i had an error but whne i had it i saw a setting for it. its somehwere in the pe settings. possibly interface? theres also an option i found to change colors for it.
    Droid 1

Roms I have used: Ultimate Droid, BB and petes gpa's, pe, cyan, ss,miui, liquid, and chevy.

Now-[U]GPA19

Galaxy Nexus!

Roms i have used:Revolution, romans, zygot, codenamedroid, Gummynex

Now-romans with Lean Kernel.

Android Rule
    1. When saying what phone or rom you have, make sure to include the word rocking or rockin as a verb in the sentence.
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by actngrezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xkape View Post
    Heard of and saw the data issue and, like stafford, it is a deal breaker for me. I am on the phone roughly 4000 minutes a month for work and the phone has to work.

On a positive note, you guys have done one hell of a job making this and I am sure, like all things in life, the 2nd round will be perfect. I am staying with PE 4.2 though.. best ROM I have ever ran on this phone. I couldn't find something to complain about if I tried. And I know PE 5 will be there soon.
    It seems some have the data issuse more then others. We haveimplemented know fizes and the issue is still being workedon. Like myself I lose 3g maybe once every two weeks. To fix this I turn airplane mode on then back off and 3gcomes back. I hope this issue has more fixes soon to come. I wonder if location has anything to do with why some have more issues then others. Every gb rom so far has this so I hope this can be fixed for good.
    Hey, I've noticed it is a phone/ROM issue with the data. On LGB and SS5.0 never lost data after call. On all the others I do. I hope there's an all around fix soon as well. Toggling airplane mode doesn't always work for me. So this is no way a knock on P.E 5. Everything else ran amazing. Like I said keep up the good work.

Sent from somewhere...
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    This is a remarkable rom. The ONLY issue I'm seeing is:
    When I have an incoming call, the slider to ANSWER the call is not aligned on the screen. Some of the slider is hanging off the left side of the screen. The END call slider is just fine. Anyone else see this?
Page 25 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Links