DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Bluetooth Voice Dial

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Bluetooth Voice Dial

Forgive my ignorance, but I am a bluetooth virgin and bought my first bluetooth earpiece today. I am running PE4.2 on my motorola droid 1 and have the earpiece paired without a problem. I can call and receive calls just fine. However, I can't seem to figure out how to activate voice dial or google search over bluetooth.

Is this an issue with the headset or with the phone? If it matters ,the earpiece is an inexpensive Jabra BT2070.

Thanks for any assistance/advice any of you can provide.
    -myk
    Proverbs 10:13 "He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who opens wide his lips shall reap destruction."[/SIZE][/FONT]

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have a Jabra Extreme and use bluetooth voice dialing all the time. To activate voice dialing, I just tap the "talk" button on my headset (the same one you would tap to answer a call with the bluetooth headset) and the box pops on the phone saying Bluetooth Voice Dialer with a blinking microphone, while I hear "Speak Now" in my headset. I either tell it to call someone in my contacts (for example, "Call Ryan Reynolds" -- j/k, I only wish he were in my contacts!) or I say "Call XXX-XXX-XXXX" -- the phone number I want dialed, if not in my contacts. The name of the person in your contacts or the phone number will be repeated back in the headset.

If you don't have a manual for your Jabra that explains how to complete bluetooth voice dialing on your headset, I'm willing to bet you could find one online with a search.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    CodenameAndroid/Leankernel
    ASUS Transformer Prime
    Rooted/unlocked and overclocked
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    you're running the droid 1? If that is the case, it may be a limitation of the headset. I read on the motorola forums that there was an issue with the phone itself not being able to do this, but i figured that people got this to work through their custom roms.

Anyone else able to confirm the ability to press the button on the headset to activate either voice dial? If so, please also post the make and model of your headset. I assume if you're in this area of the board, you're running PE on a droid 1.

thanks,
    -myk
    Proverbs 10:13 "He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who opens wide his lips shall reap destruction."[/SIZE][/FONT]
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by myk.robinson View Post
    you're running the droid 1? If that is the case, it may be a limitation of the headset. I read on the motorola forums that there was an issue with the phone itself not being able to do this, but i figured that people got this to work through their custom roms.

Anyone else able to confirm the ability to press the button on the headset to activate either voice dial? If so, please also post the make and model of your headset. I assume if you're in this area of the board, you're running PE on a droid 1.

thanks,
    -myk
    As I said before, I'm using the Jawbone Extreme (which has the added benefit of A2DP for streaming music and sound from YouTube, etc., from the Droid). Bluetooth voice dialing has worked for me since Froyo. It worked on the Jawbone 2, as well.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    ASUS Transformer Prime
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Interesting. I am looking at my manual http://img7.jabra.com/sites/Jabra/GN...NA_US_6133.pdf It shows to support the same commands as your more expensive model. Perhaps I just need to try a few different lengths of pressing the button. Voice dialing is listed in the product manual.

I'll try again tomorrow after a full charge. Besides, i left it at my office
    Assuming there are no special settings I need to change in the phone, looks like good old fashioned user error in this case.

Thanks,
    -myk
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by myk.robinson View Post
    Interesting. I am looking at my manual http://img7.jabra.com/sites/Jabra/GN...NA_US_6133.pdf It shows to support the same commands as your more expensive model. Perhaps I just need to try a few different lengths of pressing the button. Voice dialing is listed in the product manual.

I'll try again tomorrow after a full charge. Besides, i left it at my office
    Assuming there are no special settings I need to change in the phone, looks like good old fashioned user error in this case.

Thanks,
    -myk
    I haven't needed to do anything on the phone other than making sure bluetooth was on and my headset was paired and connected.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    ASUS Transformer Prime
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It works, i just had to hold the button a little longer than I was holding it.

Thanks,
    -myk

Links