DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1090
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: {ROM RELEASE} Project Elite 4.2 Source Frg83D w/Gingerbread parts

1. I r Teh Greetest
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    GNex & D3
    Quote Originally Posted by b-jammin21 View Post

I came from Gingerbread, back to Froyo.

All of my other apps have restored fine, it just seems to be calendar, sms, dialer storage, etc (system apps). I know I'm not supposed to restore any system apps with TiBu, but I always have in the past without any problems. I've also had success with restoring system apps from gingerbread to other froyo roms.

And yes, I have tried rebooting.

Thanks for helping me out.
    It's possible that your previous ROM's have used 2.3.2. versions of those apps, and the latest ROM you used was running 2.3.3. based ones, so while things are backwards compatible, forward compatible isn't quite within our grasp yet.
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v2 w/ Project Elite Kernel |
    | ASUS Transformer | Team EOS Nightlies |

2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neoj2 View Post
    I stumbled on a strange issue that has been on the back of my mind and while i searched for similar instances, i couldnt find anything on it. Hope someone here might know something about this. I guess you could say i came from gingerbread which was months back, but i noticed that a handful of apps are not letting me put widgets from them.

Like poweramp the music app is not showing when i long press to try and put its corresponding widget. As in Handcent and a few others as well. I read somewhere that Gingerbread disables this feature for widgets if you have an app on the sd card. Im thinking since i came from gingerbread while doing TB backups then restoring them in 4.2 froyo (only app and data for user apps) there may have been some issue of that carrying over? I am going to try and wipe then reinstall everything, its just a pain because of everything I have themed ill have to do over ( trans dialer, trans blue market, some desktop vis apps) but I hope it fixes it.

Also another issue when i tried to go back to GB (mistake but i couldnt help it) didnt like it and came back again, i get strange issue of my apps on my sd card showing as app not installed when i reboot or mount sd card to computer. It would force me to do a hot reboot, then when it boots i get process not working force close or wait (weird) i have to do a battery pull then turn phone on and finally have my apps show up again. I guess there are some bugs in the system folder or something but i will try to wipe a few times then reinstalling 4.2

I also went from GB to Froyo ( multiple times trying to use TIBU. Always had issues. Finally bit the bullet. Installed Froyo (Droid Concepts 11, not PE4.2) Reinstalled each App from scratch, then (and only then) used TIBU to restore data to only those apps that I really need to. and it's working great. Google market should have a list of all your apps for reference.

On your other issue, I have always found that widgets will not work if the app is on the SDcard. Move the apps to your phone and you should be OK.

Len
    Thanks for the tip. I've tried to move apps back to phone only with same result that i cannot put a widget for it. Just got widget locker and was trying to put music widget on it but no apps will show when i try to apply a widget. must be something going on in the system files. I was thinking of trying the market to restore my apps but im looking at 2 hours easy on getting everything the way i want it. i wanted to try DC but i like the customization of PE4.2 but the market for some reason is not working for me when i install 4.2. Hope the SGS2 comes out soon or ill have to bit the bullet and go this route.
    Now MP3 player Original Droid 1
    Galaxy Nexus - Latest Liquid Rom (Super smooth!)
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I am having issues with several apps not working. Facebook and Youtube apps, which i got off the market after updating to this ROM quit working as soon as they are launched, and I have ha no success in using either one. Is this a known issue, or is there a fix?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by sysexdata View Post
    I am having issues with several apps not working. Facebook and Youtube apps, which i got off the market after updating to this ROM quit working as soon as they are launched, and I have ha no success in using either one. Is this a known issue, or is there a fix?
    considering i'm on 4.2 right now and facebook and youtube both work...

did you restore any data to these apps from TiBu?
    PE v6 Beta. holy crap i think GB bugs are gone!
    custom CorCor kernel
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Is there an update.zip floating around for 4.2 with the latest version of Launcher Pro?
    Galaxy Nexus LIQUID 1.5
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid

Back to Froyo with one regret

I have been back running 4.2 for a while now and am happy to be back to everything working as it should. Almost everything. I have a problem with my Bluetooth not re-connecting to my devices.

I connect to my car's audio device, drive around listening, get out and disable bluetooth on the phone but leave the one in the car turned on. When I come back out later and turn bluetooth back on on the phone it will not reconnect to the car's audio device. I was happily surprised when this was fixed in Gingerbread. The phone would nicely re-pair with the car and I was on my way.

Sadly this is again broken in 4.2. I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to bring Gingerbread's bluetooth stack back to Froyo. And if so how or at least point me in the right direction.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    @gimpyestrada - I have the JVC - NT3HDT unit in my car, and my Bluetooth almost always auto connects.. Radio and phone.. I did run a USB cable to my radio to make things easier though.. btw, I usually use Winamp, and can usually do all controls through radio and Don't have to worry about the phone after connected.

Relative "NOOB" here, but I've been doing a lot of reading and flashed a few ROMs this past month. This is by far the best I have tried yet. Great job.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    I am using a Fipo bluetooth adapter that goes to my old ipod fm adapter. For some reason Froyo will not reconnect to to the thing and Gingerbread did.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Just got back on 4.2....easily the best Froyo ROM around
    Goodbye Droid...Hello Nexus!!!!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Both my old Moto BT headset and a Jabra Cruiser speaker in the car work perfectly with pe4.2. All voice prompts and commands work as expected. I am back on v4.2 after trying several GB roms. None work completely and most do not have BT voice prompts. LED notifications are poor on GB roms and wifi and data connections cause intermittent problems. Our original Droids are right on the edge of working/not working right on GB roms. I don't think any GB rom will be 100% working with a D1. PE4.2 is my favorite Froyo rom with BB0.6.2.1 close behind.

Links