DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1090
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: {ROM RELEASE} Project Elite 4.2 Source Frg83D w/Gingerbread parts

  1. Droid
    Roland Stone's Avatar
    Member #
    131177
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    31
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    No luck. I couldn't find the "stock" email app but I tried a couple of other Exchange clients, but they both balked during the setup under Project Elite. Yet they work fine under Sapphire or Droid Concepts.

    And I don't see any PE Setting for returning to the stock email client, although I do see one for deleting the included email client. Is that the setting you were referring to? Won't that just leave me with no email client at all?

    Every time I try to set up Exchange under Project Elite I get as far as "Checking Incoming Server Settings" and then it throws this error:
    "Setup could not finish. Unable to open connection to server."

    Sapphire and Droid Concepts let me finish the setup successfully, but not Project Elite. I hope you can fix this, because I really do prefer Project Elite. It seems to run much smoother on my Droid than Sapphire or Droid Concepts.

    And congrats on the Tato interview today! You're a celebrity now!
  2. Master Droid
    alienware777's Avatar
    Member #
    10139
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    616
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Any way to make it not vibrate on shutdown?
  3. Senior Droid
    neoj2's Avatar
    Member #
    3642
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    199
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

    Strange Issue coming from Gingerbread

    I stumbled on a strange issue that has been on the back of my mind and while i searched for similar instances, i couldnt find anything on it. Hope someone here might know something about this. I guess you could say i came from gingerbread which was months back, but i noticed that a handful of apps are not letting me put widgets from them.

    Like poweramp the music app is not showing when i long press to try and put its corresponding widget. As in Handcent and a few others as well. I read somewhere that Gingerbread disables this feature for widgets if you have an app on the sd card. Im thinking since i came from gingerbread while doing TB backups then restoring them in 4.2 froyo (only app and data for user apps) there may have been some issue of that carrying over? I am going to try and wipe then reinstall everything, its just a pain because of everything I have themed ill have to do over ( trans dialer, trans blue market, some desktop vis apps) but I hope it fixes it.

    Also another issue when i tried to go back to GB (mistake but i couldnt help it) didnt like it and came back again, i get strange issue of my apps on my sd card showing as app not installed when i reboot or mount sd card to computer. It would force me to do a hot reboot, then when it boots i get process not working force close or wait (weird) i have to do a battery pull then turn phone on and finally have my apps show up again. I guess there are some bugs in the system folder or something but i will try to wipe a few times then reinstalling 4.2
    Last edited by neoj2; 07-01-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    Now MP3 player Original Droid 1
    Galaxy Nexus - Latest Liquid Rom (Super smooth!)
  4. Senior Droid
    neoj2's Avatar
    Member #
    3642
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    199
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

    Market Problems

    In trying to go about fixing my phone i re installed PE4.2 but my market will not download anything. I press to install but nothing ever happens. Also in TB i can never get it restore past 4%, i have about 84 apps i am trying to restore.

    Could it be that i have officially pushed my droid to the limit in flashing everything in the forum and going back and forth to GB and froyo? I hope not as the phone i want hasnt come out yet to upgrade this fossil. Guess I will have to go back to my backup until Concepts releases more themes and functionality or until the phone i want comes out :-(
    Now MP3 player Original Droid 1
    Galaxy Nexus - Latest Liquid Rom (Super smooth!)
  5. Droid
    msg04's Avatar
    Member #
    47721
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    57
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Converted back to 4.2 from pe v5.2...but when I try to restore games with data via tibu (angry birds, cut the rope) it always fc's on me. If I only do app restore the games work fine....anyone know how to fix this so I can restore my progress for the games?

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    b-jammin21's Avatar
    Member #
    59448
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    891
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Hey guys. I'm new to 4.2 here, but I've been so sick of instability on my OG that I decided to hop back on the froyo train. I like 4.2 because it seems to be super fast and smooth right out of the gate. I may stick with this one until the bionic comes out and I can use my upgrade.

    However, one problem. When I use TiBu to restore my sms and dialer to restore my texts and recent calls, it doesn't seem to do anything at all. The restore will run and complete and then nothing is there. Thanks in advance for the help.
  7. I r Teh Greetest
    Yonnor's Avatar
    Member #
    170735
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    811
    Liked
    29 times
    Phone
    GNex & D3
    Quote Originally Posted by b-jammin21 View Post
    Hey guys. I'm new to 4.2 here, but I've been so sick of instability on my OG that I decided to hop back on the froyo train. I like 4.2 because it seems to be super fast and smooth right out of the gate. I may stick with this one until the bionic comes out and I can use my upgrade.

    However, one problem. When I use TiBu to restore my sms and dialer to restore my texts and recent calls, it doesn't seem to do anything at all. The restore will run and complete and then nothing is there. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Are you trying to restore apps from a Gingerbread Rom or a Froyo?

    Also have you tried rebooting?
    | Galaxy S4 | Eclipse v2 w/ Project Elite Kernel |
    | ASUS Transformer | Team EOS Nightlies |


  8. Master Droid
    b-jammin21's Avatar
    Member #
    59448
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    891
    Liked
    52 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonnor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by b-jammin21 View Post
    Hey guys. I'm new to 4.2 here, but I've been so sick of instability on my OG that I decided to hop back on the froyo train. I like 4.2 because it seems to be super fast and smooth right out of the gate. I may stick with this one until the bionic comes out and I can use my upgrade.

    However, one problem. When I use TiBu to restore my sms and dialer to restore my texts and recent calls, it doesn't seem to do anything at all. The restore will run and complete and then nothing is there. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Are you trying to restore apps from a Gingerbread Rom or a Froyo?

    Also have you tried rebooting?
    I came from Gingerbread, back to Froyo.

    All of my other apps have restored fine, it just seems to be calendar, sms, dialer storage, etc (system apps). I know I'm not supposed to restore any system apps with TiBu, but I always have in the past without any problems. I've also had success with restoring system apps from gingerbread to other froyo roms.

    And yes, I have tried rebooting.

    Thanks for helping me out.
  9. Droid
    Lenster's Avatar
    Member #
    106424
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    89
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by neoj2 View Post
    I stumbled on a strange issue that has been on the back of my mind and while i searched for similar instances, i couldnt find anything on it. Hope someone here might know something about this. I guess you could say i came from gingerbread which was months back, but i noticed that a handful of apps are not letting me put widgets from them.

    Like poweramp the music app is not showing when i long press to try and put its corresponding widget. As in Handcent and a few others as well. I read somewhere that Gingerbread disables this feature for widgets if you have an app on the sd card. Im thinking since i came from gingerbread while doing TB backups then restoring them in 4.2 froyo (only app and data for user apps) there may have been some issue of that carrying over? I am going to try and wipe then reinstall everything, its just a pain because of everything I have themed ill have to do over ( trans dialer, trans blue market, some desktop vis apps) but I hope it fixes it.

    Also another issue when i tried to go back to GB (mistake but i couldnt help it) didnt like it and came back again, i get strange issue of my apps on my sd card showing as app not installed when i reboot or mount sd card to computer. It would force me to do a hot reboot, then when it boots i get process not working force close or wait (weird) i have to do a battery pull then turn phone on and finally have my apps show up again. I guess there are some bugs in the system folder or something but i will try to wipe a few times then reinstalling 4.2

    I also went from GB to Froyo ( multiple times trying to use TIBU. Always had issues. Finally bit the bullet. Installed Froyo (Droid Concepts 11, not PE4.2) Reinstalled each App from scratch, then (and only then) used TIBU to restore data to only those apps that I really need to. and it's working great. Google market should have a list of all your apps for reference.

    On your other issue, I have always found that widgets will not work if the app is on the SDcard. Move the apps to your phone and you should be OK.

    Len
  10. Droid Ninja
    chewy74's Avatar
    Member #
    56219
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,355
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    i would not restore sms & dialer data from GB to froyo...I find I experience a lot of FC when i am switching between froyo & GB. I only restore app data

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 448
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 03:01 PM
  2. [ROM RELEASE] Project Elite v 2 (Built from source 2.2.1)
    By actngrezy in forum Project Elite
    Replies: 370
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 08:54 AM
  3. Replies: 462
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 09:36 PM
  4. [ROM RELEASE]PROJECT ELITE v2: Newest build from source!
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 09:45 PM

Search tags for this page

ginger elite v4
,
pe 4.2
,
process com.amazon.venezia has stopped unexpectedly
,
project elite
,

project elite 4.2

,
project elite 4.2 download
,
project elite 4.2 rom
,
project elite 4.2 themes
,
project elite rom download
,
project elite v4.2
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+