DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible bug?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Possible bug?

I am currently running Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.95. I decided to mix it up and try PEv4. I liked it a lot right away ran real smooth and everything, but the market would force close every time, so i reverted back to LFY. Has anyone else had this issue or is there a fix I missed somewhere?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    I too came over from LFY and my market is working. I followed the install directions from GLD and everything has been smooth.

Last edited by mxnut; 01-05-2011 at 02:34 PM.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Okay I suppose ill give it another go and try and work it out. Quick question though. I went to install the second zip. I forget what its called. But after that install I got the little android guy on my screen that was telling me to click him to start, the screen you get when you do a factory reset. When I clicked on him nothing would happen so I had to bypass it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Just FYI, I made a backup of my LFY with TiBu and followed the instructions I referenced in the previous post. I prefer Clockwork for my Rom installs.

I think maybe you should reinstall the Rom itself. "Andy" that you refer to as the android guy, is how you sync up your contacts, etc. with your gmail account. Make sure you follow the instructions GLD provided as I know they work.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Okay I guess ill have to look over that link more carefully here. I know what the initial setup does I just found it odd it didn't prompt me on the initial rom install, only after I installed the extras update.zip I like SPR for all my roms. But anyways thanks for your help. Ill hopefully be working on it soon. Ill report back after.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just one quick question before I move on here. They explain how to use clockwork and TiBu and Clockwork. I know how to correctly use SPR. The reason I don't flip to clockwork is because I remember reading, before I rooted, to get as much knowledge as possible so I didn't mess it up, that it was recommended that you use SPR, because at the time it was significantly more stable. I see a lot more people using clockwork so I don't know how true SPR being more stable is. But is there anything in clockwork that it appeals to peopleor any specific advantage of using it over SPR?
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    That is odd. I am still on the stock Rom. Hope you get it worked out soon.

Just saw your post. I just find it simpler to use.
    Last edited by mxnut; 01-04-2011 at 01:18 PM.
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
    Just one quick question before I move on here. They explain how to use clockwork and TiBu and Clockwork. I know how to correctly use SPR. The reason I don't flip to clockwork is because I remember reading, before I rooted, to get as much knowledge as possible so I didn't mess it up, that it was recommended that you use SPR, because at the time it was significantly more stable. I see a lot more people using clockwork so I don't know how true SPR being more stable is. But is there anything in clockwork that it appeals to peopleor any specific advantage of using it over SPR?
    There's some good stuff in this thread about the advantages of ClockworkMod recovery: SPRecovery vs. Clockwork ***Poll Added*** - Android Forums.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    CodenameAndroid/Leankernel
    ASUS Transformer Prime
    Rooted/unlocked and overclocked
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Okay. As I read I understand it all. But per say I do not want to buy a TiBu license. Is the premium required? or am I able to flash without it?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1- rooted
    Just to toss in my two cents-

Several months ago, after trying both, SPR was vastly more stable for me, and CWR actually caused me a bit of pain, so I loyally stuck with SPR for quite a while. About 3 months ago, I decided to give ROM Manager and CWR another spin to see if it had improved (Koush is great about regular updates and fixes).

Since then, I've flashed dozens of ROMs and really put CWR through its paces and haven't had any problems, so in my experience, it's been fine and very stable.

Both are perfectly valid recoveries, but CWR gives the added convenience of slightly easier use via ROM Manager.

As far as the license for TiBu, you don't absolutely need one, but it's recommended, i t will save you a lot of clicking when running the batch restore and it would be nice to support the Dev for the great work he's done. When I bought mine, I was a little twitchy about having to purchase the license via PayPal, but I received the license quickly and the Dev is a great guy.
    While understanding "How" may get the job done, understanding "Why" will get the job done properly.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links