DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy CRAP. New convert.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Holy CRAP. New convert.

After all the fuss, I've been running this v4 puppy for a couple days to see about the hype.

I think I might be sold..........don't tell Pete.

I've NEVER had this kind of battery life.....even day 1 after purchasing with stock kernel. I thought for sure I was due for a replacement batt.

8 hours of light use(text/call/light apps), and I've JUST went from 90 to 80%.

Good God, I hope my battery stats aren't skewed.

AND SWEET JESUS, My phone hasn't liked a 1.2 kernel EVER. Is there some secret configuration in this ROM?? Because I've tried flashing Slayher's 1.2 previously with nothing but boot loops to show for it.

I heart PEv4.

That being said...I only have ONE relatively small issue. Can't get my camera to work....FC city. Will try fixing permissions and tinkering around with other ideas, but def not worried about it.

3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dlnp22 View Post
    That being said...I only have ONE relatively small issue. Can't get my camera to work....FC city. Will try fixing permissions and tinkering around with other ideas, but def not worried about it.
    My camera is working fine, so I'm pretty certain it's not a ROM issue. Did you do a Titanium Backup restore and restore the system items in red, by any chance? If so, try going into TiBu and wiping the data from camera.
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    CodenameAndroid/Leankernel
    ASUS Transformer Prime
    Rooted/unlocked and overclocked
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    no, didn't restore any items in red using TB...only green and white. Also found having the same constant FC's with calendar.

Just going to try and re-flash the ROM over existing......crossing fingers.

edit: and it worked Very strange, but good to go, now!
    Last edited by dlnp22; 01-02-2011 at 04:28 PM.
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by dlnp22 View Post
    no, didn't restore any items in red using TB...only green and white. Also found having the same constant FC's with calendar.

Just going to try and re-flash the ROM over existing......crossing fingers.

edit: and it worked Very strange, but good to go, now!
    Glad to see the issues are solved are your enjoying the rom.

Looking for devices to expand p.e.
    Let me know if you have one for sale or to donate.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    I agree with OP, best rom to date.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Count me in. CyanogenMod started going crazy on me, and battery life was horrible. So then I moved to Liquid Frozen Yogurt, and while I was very content, I decided to try this after seeing a posting about it.

This ROM is noticeably better than both CM and LFY. Faster, smoother, I'm thoroughly impressed.

Very well done by this developer.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt and Droid 1
    Loving this ROM! Have been solid with UD for a long time and decided to flash this for the hell of it and I AM LOVING IT!!!!! Only down side is the battery isn't lasting long at all. I only have it overclocked to 800mhz and set to ondemand. Would love to figure out the problem because I don't want to leave this ROM because its AMAZING!!! Only other downside is I don't have access to a charger all day and it dies before my 8 hour work day is over even with light to moderate use. Thats texting (SMS and Kik Messenger) and very light use of the internet. Sometimes it seems the more I use it the longer the battery lasts and the more it sits the faster it dies. Sounds weird but it happens... I always clear before I flash and my battery is almost brand new. I don't know what to do... Didn't mean to thread jack but I didn't want to start a new one but I am also a convert and am LOVING THIS ROM!!!
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by veedubsky View Post
    Loving this ROM! Have been solid with UD for a long time and decided to flash this for the hell of it and I AM LOVING IT!!!!! Only down side is the battery isn't lasting long at all. I only have it overclocked to 800mhz and set to ondemand. Would love to figure out the problem because I don't want to leave this ROM because its AMAZING!!! Only other downside is I don't have access to a charger all day and it dies before my 8 hour work day is over even with light to moderate use. Thats texting (SMS and Kik Messenger) and very light use of the internet. Sometimes it seems the more I use it the longer the battery lasts and the more it sits the faster it dies. Sounds weird but it happens... I always clear before I flash and my battery is almost brand new. I don't know what to do... Didn't mean to thread jack but I didn't want to start a new one but I am also a convert and am LOVING THIS ROM!!!
    Try a different kernel. Mayeb flash a lower slayher kernel. If that doesn't help try one of the sapphire kernels orchevys. Once you find the right one battery life should be great. Hopefully

Looking for devices to expand p.e.
    Let me know if you have one for sale or to donate.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I have stopped looking for other ROM updates. That's how much I like this ROM. My only concern is looking for an update to THIS Rom - after 14 months with this phone, that's saying something. Actngrezy, you have really outdone yourself.
    ROM: Something fast
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    1100 Mhz Slayer kernel here. Battery life on cyanogenmod was nothing to write home about. But after flashing this baby... oh boy! Definitely seeing some better battery life!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links