DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Oh, the irony... my new prepaid Moto phone "does", where my Droid didn't.

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member

Wink Oh, the irony... my new prepaid Moto phone "does", where my Droid didn't.

I found this somewhat funny... So I've had to go relatively inactive on here due to the fact that I no longer own a Droid of any sort. Family budget cuts required certain "toys" to go if it was feasible financially to get rid of them (thanks Craigslist). I miss the interactions on here, but still linger, obviously.

Anyway, I now own a Motorola 408g on a net10 contract (great deals, by the way, for anybody needing good national coverage on a basic voice/text phone).

What's funny about all this, you might ask? Well, when I had my Droid, I enjoyed running simple stock, rooted, maybe OC'd a little. I did, however, really love the feature that's now common in most ROMs where the volume rocker acted as a song skipper and the camera button as pause/play, all when the phone was locked. It was a big help while driving and running - which are the two places I listen to music the most. However, that feature doesn't exist sans a custom ROM, which I preferred not to run any as my "daily driver".

So what do I discover tonight? My little $30 prepaid phone, which takes a micro-SD card by the way, has a volume rocker and play/pause button on the outside, and the volume rocker also functions as a song skipper when the phone is closed, and the play/pause button will also lock/unlock those feature when held down. The one thing I always wanted stock on my Droid, I now have on my cheap prepaid phone. Oh, the irony...

Last edited by jntdroid; 11-06-2010 at 01:19 AM.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, T-bolt, Droid 2
    I know how that can be. They invest all this time and effort, yet certain simple things slip under the radar...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    This is one thing I loved on my previous WinMo phones . They had a fair amount of hardkeys and they could be configured to do pretty much everything , from opening a specific application to skipping songs . I don't get why they didn't put some extra configurable side-buttons , that would be a very useful feature .
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spaz33g View Post
    I know how that can be. They invest all this time and effort, yet certain simple things slip under the radar...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
    Quote Originally Posted by smokiedabong View Post
    This is one thing I loved on my previous WinMo phones . They had a fair amount of hardkeys and they could be configured to do pretty much everything , from opening a specific application to skipping songs . I don't get why they didn't put some extra configurable side-buttons , that would be a very useful feature .
    Yep and yep! Which is why Android evidently needs to hire some of the devs on here.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Links