DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Something that ticked me off

1. Junior Droid
    Member #

Something that ticked me off

It pertains to the droid, wasnt sure where to put this, so mods please move if necessary.

I had planned on picking up a droid yesterday and adding a line on my account for my g.f. I figured as long as I was in Costco I would try out there Verizon Kiosk there. They had 2 droids in stock, great! I tell them I want to add 1 year contract on my account with the droid. Now I already know online for 1 year the phone will cost $269 with instant rebate. This guy goes to tell me the phone will be $450 OTD with no rebate. Yeah I was shocked and amazed at the same time, i burst out laughing and had to walk away.

Are those Kiosks really allowed to charge that much above Verizon price? Looks to me that guy wanted to make $$$$

I wound up going to my local verizon store anyway and got it at list price..I guess the moral of my story is deal with Verizon stores only!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    mine was $199 with charger and holster....additional phones with 4 months left on contract..$199 each, same deal with car charger and holster...all at Costco..
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm sure they can charge whatever you'll be willing to pay. That said, I went to 5 different places and found 5 different prices on the phone, plan, etc. Nobody even inside verizon corporate could agree on which plan I needed, how my discount would be applied, etc.

I honestly think the false stupidity is done on purpose to confuse people so that we all don't find the best pricing.

Links