DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Issues Official Statement About iPhone 4's Signal Issues

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member

Apple Issues Official Statement About iPhone 4's Signal Issues

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010...pleletter.html

I personally find this a bit hard to believe since the first youtube videos that came out showing this problem showed calls actually being dropped when the signal dropped... unless that's software related too??

"...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Apple's response is total crap. What Apple is saying in no uncertain terms is that yes there is a hardware design flaw (although they won't admit it) and we will not redesign or fix the actual issue. Instead we will adopt a new software algorithm that will falsely report signal strength to ease your conscience and so you can blame AT&T for the dropped calls even though you are showing 4 to 5 bars. This is absolute and utter bullsh*t and anyone that cannot see through this is blinded by the magical awesomeness that spews forth from Uncle Steve's ass or they are just plain freakin stupid and should not reproduce and furtther dilute the gene pool.

This is some seriously messed up crap for ANY corporation to be pulling. The fact that it is going to be accepted by people without question is what scares the crap out of me. What kind of precedent does this set for other corporations?
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    yeah this is definitely a bit shady... again, unless the call connection itself is based on this same algorithm, i don't see how this isn't pure cover-up...

Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Again people wonder why I despise Steve Jobs and all that is Apple. I have my reasons and this one just adds another to the list. If any other company in America pulled something like this they would be blasted by every media outlet known and publicly shamed but because Apple is a media darling this will just be overlooked and excused. It makes me sick to my stomach to see this happening and if it were Google or IBM or anyone else I would be just as pissed.

Take Dell for example. They got caught with their pants down about lying and sending out failure prone systems with known bad capacitors and they are getting beaten to death. Google with the whole wifi data capture. Hell Eric Schmidt came out and publicly apologized and admitted it was a huge screw up and mistake and is doing whatever is necessary with global authorities to rectify the situation. Yet Steve Jobs and his super freakin ego won't do it because he is just so damned magical. Just another example of the B.S. that is Apple and Steve Jobs.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thankfully the larger tech blogs that have articles on this fix are getting the responses I prayed for. People are calling this out as B.S. and a PR fix by Apple. Now hopefully larger and more mainstream news and tech sites pick up on this and call it what is, BULLSH*T.

6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    yeah that is good...

I'm typically pretty on top of tech news, and somehow I completely missed the Google/Wifi thing. That's crazy. To their credit (at least from the public's eye) they at least admitted it themselves.

With regard to Apple, even if their claim is half true, it's still a bad way to handle it. "Pride cometh before the fall..." - ageless adage and scripture...

All of it makes me want to simply go back to a basic prepaid phone... heck, that's what Jason Bourne used right?

Guidelines of Conduct
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1690 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    I want to see a test with a cell phone case/cover on it. Bunch of people I know have just got their i4 and are not having that issue. And lets not act like they always had a great signal with att.
    Its being over blown IMO.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    I want to see a test with a cell phone case/cover on it. Bunch of people I know have just got their i4 and are not having that issue. And lets not act like they always had a great signal with att.
    Its being over blown IMO.
    I don't disagree with that at all... problem is the numbers. If even 10% of i4 buyers have this problem, that's 200k+ people to go online and scream about it. I only know a handful of people in my area that have it, and not one of them can even replicate this issue. However, I live in DFW where AT&T is strong, so maybe there is something to it being in an area with weaker signal...

Guidelines of Conduct
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1690 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Its not just that...but we are the same on this forum. If someone gets a new droid and start talking about how it sucks and its call quality sucks. We gonna tell them to calm down, and lets see if you can fix it first, because a bunch of us who had the issue have been able to fix it. If it was happening to every device or it was something out the ordinary then ok. But ATT can not hold a 3g signal for the iphone any way. They are complaining about issues we already knew existed, hence us no longer being on att.
    If they said that every time they touch the phone it goes crazy and reboots then I will say they have a problem. When they complain about lost signal my response is "just another day as an ATT customer, when do you not lose a signal".
  10. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    Now hopefully larger and more mainstream news and tech sites pick up on this and call it what is, BULLSH*T.
    I wouldn't count on it.

The large tech sites have a love affair with Apple.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links