DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apple Issues Official Statement About iPhone 4's Signal Issues

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    Now hopefully larger and more mainstream news and tech sites pick up on this and call it what is, BULLSH*T.
    I wouldn't count on it.

The large tech sites have a love affair with Apple.
    well at least CNN mentions it, though I don't know how buried this story is on their site

Apple admits iPhone 4 reception issues, says fix is coming - CNN.com

edit: there is a link on their front page... it's something anyway
    Last edited by jntdroid; 07-02-2010 at 11:00 AM.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sammy Fascinate
    I can't use an iphone because I am left handed. I am holding it "wrong".

Portfolio
    | My Twitter
    -------------------------------------------------
    Phone: Samsung Fascinate
    Rom: 2.2.1
    Recovery: CM 2.5.1.0
    Theme: Minimalistic
    Phone: Motorola Droid 1 [SOLD]
    Theme: Dark Edge

3. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    Now hopefully larger and more mainstream news and tech sites pick up on this and call it what is, BULLSH*T.
    I wouldn't count on it.

The large tech sites have a love affair with Apple.
    I have a 2005 Prius, bought new in April 2005. Remember all that about the accelerator pedal getting stuck and causing problems? Remember that guy who was doing 90 on the freeway because of that and when it was done Toyota looked at the black box and couldn't duplicate it? Of all the Priuses on the road, how many were affected? I certainly didn't have any problems and I had to deal with people asking me why I drove a deathtrap.

And Toyota had a recall. I took mine in and they loaned me a car for free until they had installed a new gas pedal.

I just feel that the attitude of Apple was wrong. What if Toyota responded with, "The Prius is the finest car on the road today. You must be driving it wrong if you have a problem with the gas pedal sticking."
    Last edited by aaf709; 07-02-2010 at 08:01 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    As someone that uses a 3G iPhone and Macbook Pro I am glad that Apple has come forward and advised a fix is coming. Apple earned the best customer support for a reaon. Granted I think they should have said something earlier concerning the iPhone 4 reception issues.

Apple makes great products there is no denying that.
    They have an idea of how things should work and they go with that. I like that all iPhones work the same way. Does it get old ? Yes
    After just a few days on this site I see that some people change the config of there Android very often just to have something different.

Neither Google/Verizon or Apple/AT&T are saints.
    They are out to make money, and keep people happy so they can take more of your money.

AT&T provides Excellent service in the South East. I may move to Verizon/Droid for 1 Year just to try there service.
    The Droid X is extremlly tempting

Be happy that Apple is making the iPhone and pushing competition to make better products. Even if you dont like it you have a Choice. Apple and eventually the Android OS has made smart phones for the average consumer and excellent tool for communication on all fronts.

That may have sounded like Im a huge fan of Apple. While I do rank Apple above the Evil Microsoft, I do have Multiple PC's at home and only 1 Mac.

Frostman
    If your gonna bash on the iPhone 4 , atleast get it right.
    Its the Right handed people that were complaining.
    Right handed people tend to hold the phone with the left hand and use the right hand to navigate the Phone.
    So Mostly Left handed people saw no problems
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Rindaen View Post
    As someone that uses a 3G iPhone and Macbook Pro I am glad that Apple has come forward and advised a fix is coming. Apple earned the best customer support for a reaon. Granted I think they should have said something earlier concerning the iPhone 4 reception issues.

Apple makes great products there is no denying that.
    They have an idea of how things should work and they go with that. I like that all iPhones work the same way. Does it get old ? Yes
    After just a few days on this site I see that some people change the config of there Android very often just to have something different.

Neither Google/Verizon or Apple/AT&T are saints.
    They are out to make money, and keep people happy so they can take more of your money.

AT&T provides Excellent service in the South East. I may move to Verizon/Droid for 1 Year just to try there service.
    The Droid X is extremlly tempting

Be happy that Apple is making the iPhone and pushing competition to make better products. Even if you dont like it you have a Choice. Apple and eventually the Android OS has made smart phones for the average consumer and excellent tool for communication on all fronts.

That may have sounded like Im a huge fan of Apple. While I do rank Apple above the Evil Microsoft, I do have Multiple PC's at home and only 1 Mac.

Frostman
    Right handed people tend to hold the phone with the left hand and use the right hand to navigate the Phone.
    And here we have our first gullible Apple sheeple. >Facepalm<

It isn't a FIX. What Apple is doing is no different than if they just put a static picture of 5 bars in the corner all the time. Christ almighty. What part of this whole thread haven't you understood. It is a hardware flaw, period, end of discussion. Tested independently by tech sites as well as PhD's. Software will NOT fix this problem. All they are doing is putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a freakin pig!
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Sammy Fascinate
    Frostman
    I have no idea what you are trying to point out here, but if I am making a phone call, I WILL hold the phone with my left hand because I am left handed, exactly like the video pointed out.

Portfolio
    | My Twitter
    Phone: Samsung Fascinate
    Rom: 2.2.1
    Recovery: CM 2.5.1.0
    Theme: Minimalistic
    Phone: Motorola Droid 1 [SOLD]
    Theme: Dark Edge

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Darkseider,

First and foremost I am far from a "gullible Apple sheeple."

Im Sorry I Must have missed the part where I said I agreed with what Apple is calling a Fix.... Maybe you can read more then waht I typed.

I just simply stated I am glad they have realised there is a problem. If software fixes the problem good , If not I think we will both have to wait and see what other people say.
    I dont have the new iPhone and seriously doubt you do from your pure hatred of Apple.
    Unless you own the iPhone 4 , Why must you be so upset.
    Dude get a beer and chill out.

I came to this site as I found it in my search to learn about Android. Most have been extremely nice from waht I have seen in most of the replys.
    Dont assume , as Im sure you know what it means to ASSuME.

Have a Great day
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Man, layoff the guy (the guy = Rindaen), his post was extremely balanced. His first paragraph sounds like just a lack of accurate information (hardware vs software and all that), and his last paragraph (directed at frostman) sounded to me like it was meant to be a joke. Everything in between was spot on, and refreshingly balanced.
    Last edited by jntdroid; 07-02-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: clarification
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    smellynachos
    Phone
    Samsung Nexus
    Apple only does good because of loyal customers, most of apple customers who have an iphone im pretty sure has a mac, ipod, itouch, etc. I have tried teh iphone 3gs and it was horrible but i had to stick with it since my job gave it to me, no longer have to deal with it anymore at my new job, everyone here has droids, and the droid population is increasing incredibly fast.

One of the main reasons I dislike the iphone is because of at&t, the deal better be official for droid to be on verizon's network if they want to survive otherwise their stocks are dropping and their customers are leaving for droids. It has been about 1 year since the android started right? and its already about 1/4 or 1/5 of the phone market, blackberry is being phased out and now the iphone is next to be phased out and the only ones who will stay with the iphone is the hardcore apple fans who doesn't care if steve jobs gives them crappy excuses, didnt he send an email to a customer telling him to chill out relax and retire its just a phone lol rediculous top customer service and support right there for you.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Darkseider,

First and foremost I am far from a "gullible Apple sheeple."

Im Sorry I Must have missed the part where I said I agreed with what Apple is calling a Fix.... Maybe you can read more then waht I typed.

I just simply stated I am glad they have realised there is a problem. If software fixes the problem good , If not I think we will both have to wait and see what other people say.
    I dont have the new iPhone and seriously doubt you do from your pure hatred of Apple.
    Unless you own the iPhone 4 , Why must you be so upset.
    Dude get a beer and chill out.

I came to this site as I found it in my search to learn about Android. Most have been extremely nice from waht I have seen in most of the replys.
    Dont assume , as Im sure you know what it means to ASSuME.

Have a Great day
    "As someone that uses a 3G iPhone and Macbook Pro I am glad that Apple has come forward and advised a fix is coming."

First sentence, first paragraph of your initial post. If that isn't agreeing then please tell me what exactly that is?
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links