DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an explanation. please.

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Thumbs down an explanation. please.

So I post a completely legitimate thread, and I have some random guy come in and try to make it sound like I'm trying to scam people or something.

He typed information that was not true, and tryed to mod my thread (telling me It doesn't belong there, since his whole 3 posts make him God.)
    Now that's insulting, to me.

So I call him out and put him in his place, and I am the one who gets my thread locked and a pm about me insulting members.

I thought a rule was not highjacking a thread by posting offtopic info.

So please explain this to me. I post a completely nice thread, and have a member tell potential people that might want to trade that my phone isn't worth it; and I get in trouble? Did you warn him?

Seriously, please explain this reasoning to me. Cause no one said anything to him.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by wasupwithuman View Post
    So I post a completely legitimate thread, and I have some random guy come in and try to make it sound like I'm trying to scam people or something.

He typed information that was not true, and tryed to mod my thread (telling me It doesn't belong there, since his whole 3 posts make him God.)
    Now that's insulting, to me.

So I call him out and put him in his place, and I am the one who gets my thread locked and a pm about me insulting members.

I thought a rule was not highjacking a thread by posting offtopic info.

So please explain this to me. I post a completely nice thread, and have a member tell potential people that might want to trade that my phone isn't worth it; and I get in trouble? Did you warn him?

Seriously, please explain this reasoning to me. Cause no one said anything to him.
    Where is this thread in question?
    FroYo
    Follow me on
    Twitter
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Below this one. Its trade droid plus 100.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Yeah, I found it. I don't know what you replied back to the guy, but you just can't let things get under your skin. Plus he doesn't have his facts straight. The moto droid retail without a contract is $600.

Edit: Oh and did you put it in the off-topic forum originally, or did it get moved there?
    FroYo
    Follow me on
    Twitter
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    And I'm not trying to be rude, I really just want to know about this judgement call.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by wasupwithuman View Post
    And I'm not trying to be rude, I really just want to know about this judgement call.
    If you want to know exactly what happened, I'd PM Cereal Killer and ask him.... It seems only he and you know exactly what was said.
    Last edited by LtKen; 05-06-2010 at 05:55 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by JCo352 View Post
    Yeah, I found it. I don't know what you replied back to the guy, but you just can't let things get under your skin. Plus he doesn't have his facts straight. The moto droid retail without a contract is $600.

Edit: Oh and did you put it in the off-topic forum originally, or did it get moved there?
    It got moved there, but I had it in the incredible general forum. And I would think that a trade involving the droid and a incredible would suit any general forum regarding the droid or the incredible.

And that's what made me so mad, everyone was telling me I was insulting him but no one mentioned him underminding me, and making it sound like my thread was a scam. Then I get the official pm, stating I have a point against me. Like i understood the mod who closed the thread, and didn't have a big problem. But a point against my account when I was provoked into it...
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    I read your reply and you went overboard in your remarks, some rather tasteless name calling. You should have just pointed out your justifications for the price points, and let it go.
    OG Droid retired but serving as a wireless tablet now and then.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I understand I went a little overboard, but if I wouldn't have said anything; nothing would have been done. And by language I used the slang for a bundle of sticks, or a cigarette. And idiot is a person of subnormal intelligence. I could have used words way more degrading, but I didn't. So like I said a warning I could understand but putting a point against my account? And once a again I was the bad one, what he did was just mis information.
  11. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    You dont seem to get it.... If I get angry and hit my wife because of something she said, I'm still at fault for hitting my wife.... It's the exact same situation on the forum. If you fight fire with fire, you're guilty. You have no idea what CK did the other member involved, so you cant assume you're the only one being punished.

Seriously, take it as a lesson learned, and move on. Call it "Professional Development"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links