DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Very Sad Day Today.....

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member

Unhappy A Very Sad Day Today.....

My wife has worked for a major cosmetics company for about 15 years. Today was her last day on the job. She was a manager in their now defunct IT department.

When she is sad, I'm sad and I have never seen her feeling so bad. She had just completed a major project for their inventory department over the last year. During that time she spent a great deal of time in New Jersey (we live in N.E. Ohio). Weeks at a time, come home for the weekend and fly back out Sunday nights. Spent so much time there we had to pay taxes in New Jersey and Ohio.

We were told about a month ago so it's not like they walked up to her today with a pink slip, and yes, we have a very nice package they gave her. But it still hurts her to have put in all that effort, and then "Thanks for your 15 years, good luck."

We will be OK. But right now, this moment, this day is very, very sad.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    That sucks, but the joys of unemployment are many.
  4. Sal
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    My wife has worked for a major cosmetics company for about 15 years. Today was her last day on the job. She was a manager in their now defunct IT department.

When she is sad, I'm sad and I have never seen her feeling so bad. She had just completed a major project for their inventory department over the last year. During that time she spent a great deal of time in New Jersey (we live in N.E. Ohio). Weeks at a time, come home for the weekend and fly back out Sunday nights. Spent so much time there we had to pay taxes in New Jersey and Ohio.

We were told about a month ago so it's not like they walked up to her today with a pink slip, and yes, we have a very nice package they gave her. But it still hurts her to have put in all that effort, and then "Thanks for your 15 years, good luck."

So sorry you are going through a hard time. I know she will find comfort in having more time to be with you at home, at least. Best to you both...
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

Sorry to hear that. but everything happens for a reason.. and it soon will all pass.. Wow 15 years is a long time.. Good luck to you both..maybe this will cheer you up..... or maybe i can go post something in the wrong forum for you to move over.. or another 2.2 thread....
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  6. DF News Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto DROID !!!
    Premium Member
    sorry to hear, best wishes to you and your fam, hook
    GTalk: mabramson1@gmail.com
    twitter: @m_abramson
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Incredible
    I am in a very similar boat. Actually I was laid off from the IT department where I used to work. Now I am looking for a new job and it sucks... So far it has been two months of no work and I am starting to go stir crazy. At least now the job offers are starting to roll in.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member

Re: A Very Sad Day Today.....

So sorry to hear my friend. Will talk later tonight.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I appreciate the comments. lol justin82, yeah it was funny you mention that because while I was trying to write that post I started getting a bunch of pm's about another issue. A little tough to shift gears, but it does take your mind off of it.

Now I'm not saying everybody start breaking the rules, hook feels bad. roflol. Just want to be clear.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Twitter
    chinoali
    Phone
    Tbolt, Rezound & Nexus 7
    Sorry to hear that, hook for you and your ol lady.
    I def know how it feels.
    As they say
    When life gives you lemons...
    Make lemonade.
    Best wishes to you and your family.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    Best wishes to the two of you. I know something good will come of this. I went through a similar situation about a year ago, but today I'm glad it happened. Keep thinking positive, and positive things will happen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links