DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apple Files Lawsuit Against HTC For Infringing On 20 iPhone Patents

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    i agree, they are suing android because we are growing so quickly. and that explains why they dont sue palm, nobody (not really anyways) likes them, so they arent a problem
    got eris: 12/24/09
    returned eris: 12/28/09
    got droid: 12/31/09
    rooted droid: sometime in january (right after it was released (manually))
    bb->2.1 sbf->desire rom> 2.1bb> 2.2
    got incredible as warranty replacement 8/31/10
    shattered inc screen 9/25/10-> got insurace replacement 10/4/10
    broke inc screen 10/19/10-> got warranty replacement 10/22/10
    got moto droid 1 off ebay 1/7/11
    broke inc screen 5/26/11-> got insurance replacement inc2 5/27/11
    sold inc2 & bought vzw 16gb iphone 4 6/9/11
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well I heard that Apple is suing a T-shirt maker that prints Android shirts...apparently Apple made a similar shirt, with an Apple on it, that goes on by putting your head through a hole in the top and your arm through these things called "sleeves".

Well, turns out that this is the same way that you put on the Apple shirt so they obviously claimed infringement due to similar process. Yeah, and Apple invented "sleeves" too...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by 1linuxfreak View Post
    Well crap. I tried to read that but dont understand any of that lawyer talk and instead skimmed. So they want to cease production and get triple damages plus interest. Theyre going after, seemingly, the whole Android system. Meaning no more Android phones and they may just bankrupt the company. Wow.

Yes, I think it is safe to say that they are indeed feeling the heat.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    Well crap. I tried to read that but dont understand any of that lawyer talk and instead skimmed. So they want to cease production and get triple damages plus interest. Theyre going after, seemingly, the whole Android system. Meaning no more Android phones and they may just bankrupt the company. Wow.

if you think Google will just sit back and do nothing while Android is obliterated...think again.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid/3
    Quote Originally Posted by krighton View Post

if you think Google will just sit back and do nothing while Android is obliterated...think again.

im pretty sure Google is at the point where they have a few nuclear warheads at their disposal .

that is unless apple already had a patent on a warhead

im thinking the droid forums admins should remove the I Phone smiley before they sue you too!11!11

guys, we should feel sorry for apple, they are only trying to make money. Meanwhile Google has dedicated a team of workers to help create a website to reunite families that were torn apart by earthquakes in both Haiti and Chile... but when it comes down to money, the devastated families can wait .
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigg 27 View Post
    Well I heard that Apple is suing a T-shirt maker that prints Android shirts...apparently Apple made a similar shirt, with an Apple on it, that goes on by putting your head through a hole in the top and your arm through these things called "sleeves".

Well, turns out that this is the same way that you put on the Apple shirt so they obviously claimed infringement due to similar process. Yeah, and Apple invented "sleeves" too...
    best post in the thread
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by krighton View Post

Exactly. Google will get involved and back the largest maker of Android-based phones. Most of these claims by Apple and patents look like they could be easily overturned anyhow you look at it.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Much of patent law is, unfortunately, flooding the office with semi-obvious "inventions" that are designed to be sufficiently stated in complicated fashion for an examiner to grant a patent. Afterwards, second comers then will have the question of whether to do what is pretty obvious and have to defend their actions against an already decided upon issue.

Remember the Amazon one click patent? It's called "querying a database" in laymens terms. It's what I would consider the obvious progress of technology not owned by anyone and not a brilliant business and technological method that needed "inventing." Lots of things are absurd. How about a variable rate windshield wiper? Does it need saying that sometimes you need a wiper to go faster and slower?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Its been awhile and I was just going through my subscribed threads. Any news on this?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I AM THE PHONE
    All your patents are belong to us!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links