DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need you opinions on school

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    My advice is somewhat different than you might find from others and it is based on my own real life experiences. Instead of pursuing a field that you think has the most economic opportunity, first consider this; is there any sort of work that you would like to do that you would actually be happy to perform without pay? If you can train and find employment doing that "thing," therein you will discover one of the real keys to happiness (you might make plenty of money, but on the other hand, it might not be the top salaried position... however, I can predict for you true satisfaction). Now that might be a hard concept to "get your head around," but it is a mental exercise which will be beneficial to you for the rest of your life. Whatever "that" is, train to be the very best you can be... everything else will follow.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid/Bionic/G2
    thanks for all your comments, i really appreciate it. i'm leaning towards something in the medical field. i enjoy working with my hands and electronics. someone needs to work on all those electronics in the hospital right. i'm gonna check into that. hopefully i can start soon. i just didn't want to spend time and money studying a field where jobs are hard to come by. i'm lucky now cause i have 2 decent jobs that pay pretty well, but i feel like i'm in a rut and want to use this oportunity to change that. besides working 2 jobs takes it's toll on you after a while.
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER COUPE View Post
    i just didn't want to spend time and money studying a field where jobs are hard to come by.
    Anything in the medical field and you won;t have to look far for work.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Hey Silver Coupe. Disabled Army here and preparing to take the same deal you're doing. 44 as well and I can't wait. Friday is my last day with Raytheon after 6 years, going to look into Computer Science with studies in IT and Programming. Good luck to ya and thanks for your service.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Technology all the way. Then specialize in Healthcare IT. I dont care if I was 70....free schooling? Man Im paying a fortune for grad school as we speak. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Dream Is To Be Your Worst Nightmare
    -Tech_Nology_Pro on TWITTER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links