DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so my car got stolen last night

Member #
    Phone
    Droid

so my car got stolen last night

from in front of my house.

my beloved ipod was inside. so i need a new one. provided that whatever vehicle i purchase next has a way to listen to the ipod without spending more money. i have a cassette thing for it.

but i'm thinking about getting the ipod touch. my main reason for this is because i can have all the iphone apps in addition to my droid apps. (i love my droid, would never trade for an iphone ever) and before anyone says this, i don't want to put all my music on my droid. i have a lot of it and i listen to all of it. i don't want to slow it down. unless it doesn't make a difference, in that case let me know. sorry i'm kind of a noob.

unfortunately the itouch is a lot more expensive than an old school ipod from ebay, and i have other things i need to buy...such as a new car. [insurance doesn't cover theft]

but i am willing to get it if its worth it. and thats where you guys come in... does anyone have the itouch? is it worth buying? or should i just save my money and get a cheaper old ipod?
    Sounds are the most beautiful of dreams.

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cool username View Post
    i have other things i need to buy...such as a new car. [insurance doesn't cover theft]

I have to ask...Why?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Sure sorry to hear about your car. I'm kind of surprised that your post focused on an iPod but I guess we all have our priorities.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Sorry to hear about your car that sux big time..do you have pip or did you leave your keys in the car? thats only two reasons i know of for insurance not covering it...as for the music on your droid i don't think it slows it down because it will all be on your sd card and you have 15 gigs to play with
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola BIONIC
    I have an iTouch and can tell you I would rather have paid less for a different iPod. It is cool for like a week then you feel stupid for spending so much on it. I kick myself for not buying a bigger gig ipod for less. But to each his own.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCo352 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your car that sux big time..do you have pip or did you leave your keys in the car? thats only two reasons i know of for insurance not covering it...as for the music on your droid i don't think it slows it down because it will all be on your sd card and you have 15 gigs to play with
    He probably only had liability insurance and that's why the car wasn't covered.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Sure sorry to hear about your car. I'm kind of surprised that your post focused on an iPod but I guess we all have our priorities.
    ha the ipod isnt the priority. the new car will come before a new ipod, its not a question in my mind. but i don't need to make a thread asking what kind of car i want, lol that's not a problem for me.

and insurance didn't cover it because i only have liability.

and to hookbill, i'm a she!

thanks for your input everyone.. i'll probably just get an old school ipod mini. i used to have one and it got stolen out of my old car. at least the whole car didn't get stolen then....ugh

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    It's been said, but putting music on the SD card won't slow the phone, at all, whatsoever, but I don't even bother withhaving music on my phone, I just use pandora and slacker.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Has that newly rooted smell...
    Sorry to hear about this. I've never had my car stolen, but I've had it broken in to and over $2k worth of stuff taken. Horrible feeling all around. Having owned 3 regular iPods (broke one and had one stolen) I currently have the 80GB iPod classic. A friend of mine has an iPod Touch. It's neat I guess, but I have my Droid for apps and such and just want my iPod for music/movies, and would not spend the money for the iPod Touch. Just my $.02
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowTime View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. I've never had my car stolen, but I've had it broken in to and over $2k worth of stuff taken. Horrible feeling all around. Having owned 3 regular iPods (broke one and had one stolen) I currently have the 80GB iPod classic. A friend of mine has an iPod Touch. It's neat I guess, but I have my Droid for apps and such and just want my iPod for music/movies, and would not spend the money for the iPod Touch. Just my $.02
    yeah mine was the 80gb classic.
    well im pretty much convinced not to get the touch.
    i'll try out putting my music on the droid. pandora doesn't cut it for me.. can only switch songs 6 times an hour and i like choosing what to listen to anyways. and if it doesn't work out i'm just gonna get a regular ipod..

thanks again guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links