DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so my car got stolen last night

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    i gave my ipod touch to my wife when i got the droid. right now there are 3.5 gigs of space left on my sd card, i'm running the stock 2.0.1 and have not experienced any slow down in my phone. i plug the cassetteplayer jack into the droid along with the car charger and it works like a charm. You dont need an ipod touch unless you want to drive around with 160 gigs of music. you could drive coast to coast to coast and not listen to all of that.

(edit)
    Last edited by pigpen; 02-19-2010 at 07:32 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Quote Originally Posted by cool username View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowTime View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. I've never had my car stolen, but I've had it broken in to and over $2k worth of stuff taken. Horrible feeling all around. Having owned 3 regular iPods (broke one and had one stolen) I currently have the 80GB iPod classic. A friend of mine has an iPod Touch. It's neat I guess, but I have my Droid for apps and such and just want my iPod for music/movies, and would not spend the money for the iPod Touch. Just my $.02
    yeah mine was the 80gb classic.
    well im pretty much convinced not to get the touch.
    i'll try out putting my music on the droid. pandora doesn't cut it for me.. can only switch songs 6 times an hour and i like choosing what to listen to anyways. and if it doesn't work out i'm just gonna get a regular ipod..

thanks again guys
    With Pandora, it's 6 times per hour per station, so make 4 or 5 of the same basic station, gives you a lot more skips than you'll ever need.
    Slacker has a much wider range of music too, but it has stupid ads.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Has that newly rooted smell...
    Quote Originally Posted by cool username View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowTime View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. I've never had my car stolen, but I've had it broken in to and over $2k worth of stuff taken. Horrible feeling all around. Having owned 3 regular iPods (broke one and had one stolen) I currently have the 80GB iPod classic. A friend of mine has an iPod Touch. It's neat I guess, but I have my Droid for apps and such and just want my iPod for music/movies, and would not spend the money for the iPod Touch. Just my $.02
    yeah mine was the 80gb classic.
    well im pretty much convinced not to get the touch.
    i'll try out putting my music on the droid. pandora doesn't cut it for me.. can only switch songs 6 times an hour and i like choosing what to listen to anyways. and if it doesn't work out i'm just gonna get a regular ipod..

thanks again guys
    I'm with you. I use my iPod predominantly when working out, and I'm super ADD or something about my music and am constantly wanting to hear a certain song or skipping to the next song when the current one is winding down because I don't want to wait for it to end and the next one to start or because I don't want the song to end in the middle of a set or something. I also love my Droid but just feel like my iPod is more bulletproof. Meaning I'm not worried about dropping it, banging it on stuff, stepping on it, etc because I've done all of them and it still works flawlessly (not that the Droid wouldn't, but still...), so the iPod is and would always be my choice for the gym/doing anything active.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Smoked Glass w/White Clock ROM
    Track That B*tch down.
    is it a car that sticks out? Shouldnt be to hard to find.
    Hope it turns up.
    Follow me on twitter,it helps improve airport security.
    www.twitter.com/ska8r411
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    I've been using my Droid as my iPod replacement since day one.... Storm had replaced the iPod before that.

I use my Droid at the gym as well.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I love my itouch and still use it in addition to the Droid. I like to use it to read Kindle books or RSS feeds while on the elliptical machine....and save my droid battery. It also has a calorie counter app that I have been using since last May that I like better than the Droid offerings.

If you are in the market for a new ipod, I would highly recommend the itouch.
    Wendy
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Sorry to hear about the car.

I have a 30GB iPod video, 80GB iPod Classic, and an 8GB iPod Touch. I got them all free from a lost and found. No, I didn't steal them, no one picked them up for years.

I really do like the iPod Touch but I only had it for a month before I got my Droid and everything that it did my Droid does better (for me). Having to be near a WiFi hotspot also is a downer with the Touch.

Having the Droid and an iPod (especially the Touch) is very redundant to me unless you:

1) Want a separate device to play music.
    2) Want an app that is only on the Apple App Store.
    3) Have a car stereo that integrates with iPod.
    4) Some other need that I didn't think of.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega-Tron View Post
    Sorry to hear about the car.

I have a 30GB iPod video, 80GB iPod Classic, and an 8GB iPod Touch. I got them all free from a lost and found. No, I didn't steal them, no one picked them up for years.

I really do like the iPod Touch but I only had it for a month before I got my Droid and everything that it did my Droid does better (for me). Having to be near a WiFi hotspot also is a downer with the Touch.

Having the Droid and an iPod (especially the Touch) is very redundant to me unless you:

1) Want a separate device to play music.
    2) Want an app that is only on the Apple App Store.
    3) Have a car stereo that integrates with iPod.
    4) Some other need that I didn't think of.
    Where was this lost and found? Like a gym or something? Haha that's awesome.

Reason number one applies to me.. I think I like the ipod layout better and id rather conserve my droid battery.
    Reason two also, I want words with friends..but I probably won't get the touch..
    Three, my car had an Alpine stereo for my ipod..which doesn't apply anymore

And to whoever asked if my car sticks out, no not at all. Its a 90s honda accord, so I don't have much hope. . The only defining characteristic was a sticker on the window which they removed and stuck on the telephone pole outside my house
    Sounds are the most beautiful of dreams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links