DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: We Are the Forum

  1. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #1

    Lightbulb We Are the Forum

    We are getting new members in here all the time. I like to take some time to say hi to them. I frequently go into the new members area to do so. Some have become very knowledgable. And they are doing it in at a very fast pace. Maybe in some cases a bit too fast.

    Sure we are here to learn, but we're also suppose to enjoy ourselves. Gaining knowledge about the Droid is great, but you have to be human and not come off like a know it all. Humility shows good character.

    I think you gain respect when you offer help to someone who requests it. But when you do it and write a dissertation about something you've just learned or done, that is purely egotistical.

    It may win you a few admirers here and there, but the majority of people will be repulsed and will have no respect for you.

    If someone disagrees with you, rather then get furious about it just don't respond. It's a discussion, not a battle.

    We have one of the best forums around and everybody is welcome. I'd like for it to stay that way. And I'm not telling anybody how to behave. Just asking some people to think and act mature before they post. Remember its our forum. It doesn't belong to me or even the admins. It certainly doesn't belong to the top posters. It belongs to everyone. Lets keep it fun.

    Just something to think about.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Beta Team
    INSANENEIVIESIS's Avatar
    Member #
    28581
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,288
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus, HTC TB, and D1
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #2
    i love this site. its the best around. the people are so nice. and very helpful. the mods and admins work very hard to keep the site working smooth. my hats off to everyone who works to make this site the way it is.
    Galaxy Nexus: ICS53F Rooted/Unlocked Thunder Bolt: CM7.1.1 Droid 1: CM6
    Team Shadow

    want to buy me some orange juice?? Donate if you like my work
  4. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #3
    Do I come off this way???

    I hope I don't...and if I do I don't mean too
    Last edited by natediddy1120; 02-15-2010 at 07:19 PM.

  5. Droid Ninja
    AnneDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    26707
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,405
    Phone
    DROID
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    We are getting new members in here all the time. I like to take some time to say hi to them. I frequently go into the new members area to do so. Some have become very knowledgable. And they are doing it in at a very fast pace. Maybe in some cases a bit too fast.

    Sure we are here to learn, but we're also suppose to enjoy ourselves. Gaining knowledge about the Droid is great, but you have to be human and not come off like a know it all. Humility shows good character.

    I think you gain respect when you offer help to someone who requests it. But when you do it and write a dissertation about something you've just learned or done, that is purely egotistical.

    It may win you a few admirers here and there, but the majority of people will be repulsed and will have no respect for you.

    If someone disagrees with you, rather then get furious about it just don't respond. It's a discussion, not a battle.

    We have one of the best forums around and everybody is welcome. I'd like for it to stay that way. And I'm not telling anybody how to behave. Just asking some people to think and act mature before they post. Remember its our forum. It doesn't belong to me or even the admins. It certainly doesn't belong to the top posters. It belongs to everyone. Lets keep it fun.

    Just something to think about.
    Agreed. I wasn't sure where that title was leading, maybe to a video of "We Are The World, We Are The Forum"?
  6. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post

    Agreed. I wasn't sure where that title was leading, maybe to a video of "We Are The World, We Are The Forum"?
    Exactly what I thought. "We are the children..."
  7. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post

    Agreed. I wasn't sure where that title was leading, maybe to a video of "We Are The World, We Are The Forum"?
    Exactly what I thought. "We are the children..."
    Jeez I. Kind of hoped you'd get a little more then that out of it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #7
    ahh don't really care if people do think I come off like what hook is describing...I'm not trying to be the top poster, I just enjoy trying to help people figure out their Droids...and to have fun talking to everybody...isn't that why we're here anyway??

    Oh well...I'm just gonna keep doing what I have been doing...cause I know I'm not doing anything wrong...

  9. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post

    Agreed. I wasn't sure where that title was leading, maybe to a video of "We Are The World, We Are The Forum"?
    Exactly what I thought. "We are the children..."
    Jeez I. Kind of hoped you'd get a little more then that out of it.
    Wait.... was this thread about me? Have I become egocentric?
  10. Droid Sensei
    KZIWarrior's Avatar
    Member #
    21812
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,634
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    #9
    Great post Hook!! If you see me acting/posting this way be sure to smack/spank me via PM. Keep up the good work

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post
    Agreed. I wasn't sure where that title was leading, maybe to a video of "We Are The World, We Are The Forum"?
    that was great
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  11. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #10
    I feel like I wrote a song and everybody likes the lyrics but nobody can figure out which person or persons I'm speaking off. I will ne er tell but I can say it isn't anybody that has responded to the post. And that's the last I'll say about it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New to the Forum
    By firebugmedic in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 09:17 PM
  2. New to forum
    By Droiduser0028 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 10:30 AM
  3. So why does the forum not have..
    By TekHawk in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 10:42 AM
  4. New To Forum
    By NYLadyblue in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 06:37 PM
  5. just a hello, new to forum
    By rainydaylady1 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Find us on Google+