DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: I would like some criticism!

  1. Droid
    Bubba925's Avatar
    Member #
    23004
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Decent site.

    If you are interested in interwebz for moneys try Amazon Turking. It isn't the most financially rewarding way to make a buck but an hour or three of some diligent work and you can have enough for dinner that night.
    I will look into it! Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by JhankG View Post
    Try not to use the word "well" so much. That was the first thing I noticed.
    Hmm, I will look into it! I am just starting writing so I have a lot to learn.
  2. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #12
    He didn't use the word "well" a whole lot.......I just noticed it at the beginning of each section on the website lol Not a big deal though, honestly....just eliminate the word from the beginning of the paragraphs....

    But overall, your site really wasn't that bad at all in my opinion....you seemed to know what you were talking about

  3. Droid
    Bubba925's Avatar
    Member #
    23004
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    He didn't use the word "well" a whole lot.......I just noticed it at the beginning of each section on the website lol Not a big deal though, honestly....just eliminate the word from the beginning of the paragraphs....

    But overall, your site really wasn't that bad at all in my opinion....you seemed to know what you were talking about
    Thank you, and I will definitely look out for repetitive usage of words
  4. Droid Sensei
    JhankG's Avatar
    Member #
    250
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Summerfield, NC
    Posts
    3,098
    Phone
    Droid X
    #14
    It is certainly not a big deal, but it was just something that stuck out to me. I'm a stickler for things like that (thanks mom).
  5. Droid Ninja
    Hugh Jass's Avatar
    Member #
    35340
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,561
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    #15
    I'd change one big thing if it were mine, have topics with short descriptions about the content with an included link to the full story (maybe in the header) This way people can click the topics they want to read instead of scanning every word you write going down the page of your site. Include links to other sources of info, and add some pictures to spice things up and make it look professional.

    Other then that, not bad man. With some work and refinement I'd support your site.
    Last edited by Hugh Jass; 02-17-2010 at 07:35 PM.
  6. Droid
    Bubba925's Avatar
    Member #
    23004
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
    I'd change one big thing if it were mine, have topics with short descriptions about the content with an included link to the full story (maybe in the header) This way people can click the topics they want to read instead of scanning every word you write going down the page of your site. Include links to other sources of info, and add some pictures to spice things up and make it look professional.

    Other then that, not bad man. With some work and refinement I'd support your site.
    Actually I was thinking of doing this myself, just wasn't sure if it really mattered. I am also trying to figure out if I want to move the site onto an actual host and find a different theme. I will actually do what you said right now. Thanks for the feed back guys!
  7. Junior Droid
    NOLAsailing's Avatar
    Member #
    30412
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #17
    From an aesthetic standpoint, you need more color contrast; it's too uniformly dark.

    Also, as has been mentioned, don't start every post with "well."

    Your stated goal is to make money off of the blog. How do you intend to achieve that goal? How are you going to generate revenue; perhaps advertisers or Google ads?

    How much do you stand to earn and is this the best way to go about it? How much do you want to earn and is it close to the blog's income potential? What are your alternatives?

    Who are you marketing too - who is the audience and who are your customers (those paying for a service or advertisement)?

    What is your message and the goal of the blog? You need to define that for yourself, if you haven't already, and then post it right on the top of the blog.

    Who else is doing this? What other blogs/websites cater to the same audience? How are you different? How are you better?

    By the way, I don't expect to post those answers here - unless you want to - but since you stated you would like to earn money from the blog, you should be able to answer each of those questions quickly and have those answers reflected in the blog.

    GOOD LUCK! I enjoyed reading the blog and look forward to more.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Hugh Jass's Avatar
    Member #
    35340
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,561
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    #18
    One thing I do like about you (aside from your site) is your attitude, and also the fact that you put your opinion right out there. Which is good, but you may want to approach it specifically by putting in a summary at the end of an unbiased write-up with your comments, thoughts, or opinion. I've seen other people strart pages like this and can't get a following because the story is about what they think. Be less of a blog and more of a website. This way you report unbiased news (which everyone likes) with the benefit of reading someone else's opinion as well (which most people like, but not all). If you have the capability, add a comment box link or something so your readers can perhaps sign up and interact with your stories and discuss/debate. Might not be ready for this level yet, but that would be huge for getting a large following in a sort amount of time.
  9. Droid
    Bubba925's Avatar
    Member #
    23004
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLAsailing View Post
    From an aesthetic standpoint, you need more color contrast; it's too uniformly dark.

    Also, as has been mentioned, don't start every post with "well."

    Your stated goal is to make money off of the blog. How do you intend to achieve that goal? How are you going to generate revenue; perhaps advertisers or Google ads?

    How much do you stand to earn and is this the best way to go about it? How much do you want to earn and is it close to the blog's income potential? What are your alternatives?

    Who are you marketing too - who is the audience and who are your customers (those paying for a service or advertisement)?

    What is your message and the goal of the blog? You need to define that for yourself, if you haven't already, and then post it right on the top of the blog.

    Who else is doing this? What other blogs/websites cater to the same audience? How are you different? How are you better?

    By the way, I don't expect to post those answers here - unless you want to - but since you stated you would like to earn money from the blog, you should be able to answer each of those questions quickly and have those answers reflected in the blog.

    GOOD LUCK! I enjoyed reading the blog and look forward to more.
    Actually I have to come up with some answers for these questions but thank you! I also have a few templates in mind with more than just black and grey, although I like darker.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
    One thing I do like about you (aside from your site) is your attitude, and also the fact that you put your opinion right out there. Which is good, but you may want to approach it specifically by putting in a summary at the end of an unbiased write-up with your comments, thoughts, or opinion. I've seen other people strart pages like this and can't get a following because the story is about what they think. Be less of a blog and more of a website. This way you report unbiased news (which everyone likes) with the benefit of reading someone else's opinion as well (which most people like, but not all). If you have the capability, add a comment box link or something so your readers can perhaps sign up and interact with your stories and discuss/debate. Might not be ready for this level yet, but that would be huge for getting a large following in a sort amount of time.
    Thank you, great idea! I will have to start doing this!

    Possible themes:
    Grey Mag Blogger Template - BTemplates
    All Black Blogger Template - BTemplates
    Boosting Blogger Template - BTemplates
    Rockwell Blogger Template - BTemplates I really like this one
    Prellucid Dashed Blogger Template - BTemplates
    Shine Blogger Template - BTemplates
    Cool Feelings Blogger Template - BTemplates Like this one as well
    Black Gelly Blogger Template - BTemplates I like these colors kind of

    Any responses to these themes would be nice! Thanks for all the support and criticism guys!

    I think I got my desired theme! It is up now!
    Last edited by Bubba925; 02-17-2010 at 08:49 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    NYZ93's Avatar
    Member #
    2342
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    423
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    #20
    try to make it brighter dark background on websites doesnt really work anymore i mean think about it


    engadget
    boygeniusreport
    dvice
    droidforums


    Just a couple of technology sites which from what it looks like is what you are trying to achive i have yet to see a dark background one
    Droid Eris.......... 5/10
    Blackberry.......... 2/10
    iPhone..........
    Droid.......... Doesnt Even Break A Sweat
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Find us on Google+