DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting banned?

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Mistakes happen, this forum is understanding. Just follow the rules and everyone will be fine and not banned
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Mistakes happen, this forum is understanding. Just follow the rules and everyone will be fine and not banned
    Yep....if anyone knows its Martin, lol...I think he's posted more than any of the other 30+ thousand members!

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    Yep....if anyone knows its Martin, lol...I think he's posted more than any of the other 30+ thousand members!
    Indeed. I still haven't decided if it's pathetic or not LOL
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    Pathetic. For sure. lol
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    IMO the forums are just completely different styles. There is more direct from devs, super informative and super confusing. Here is a lot more simplified and easy to follow, but usually a little behind. I can understand the devs going crazy from the same question they just answered the page before. I know I've bugged the hell out of them lol. All in all, both sites do A LOT for droid owners and I frequent both constantly
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    It did take him some work tho
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Well, since CK has said he doesn't want us to go into bad mouthing Alldroid, and took away all my fun, all I can say is I don't go there, don't need to, and I find everything I need right here at DroidForums.net so who needs them?

Now that wasn't a bash, it's just a plain and simple fact. I feel that way about Crackberry too, which doesn't hold itself up to the high standards that this forum does. Although even at Crackberry they would never have done to the OP what Alldroid did.

Now I'm not saying that Crackberry is better then Alldroid because that might be considered bashing. However if you happen to get that from reading my post, then I guess anything is subject to interpretation.

Bashing IMHO would be saying something like Alldroid runs there forum like the way the USSR ran it's government. Bannish you forever to Siberia for something that you said about them at a friends house and they found out about it. That's a good comparison, but I'm not saying that. Really.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    As a moderator/administrator for another, unrelated site, I can tell you, modding and what not keeps your hands full some days.

Hats off to the mods around here, the traffic level looks like it has been insane, and almost every new thread goes to 3-4 pages within hours. That can make for alot of reading. The site I work on is closing in on 40,000 members, but our traffic level is not as crazy as it would appear to be around here. So, I could imagine the mods here go nuts just keeping everything working smoothly. I am sure their duties are no different than mine on my site; Policing forums, checking new user sign ups, reading email, responding to same, stopping spam, and generally keeping the house clean, and maintaining the friendly atmosphere.

I have checked out a couple of the other Droid related forums, and I like this one the best.
    "Chairman of the Awkward Squad"
    Treo 650 --> Samsung A37 --> Moto Droid --> Moto Droid 2 Global.
    Droid owner since 12/22/09
    Droid 2 Global owner since 2/12/11

9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Well, since CK has said he doesn't want us to go into bad mouthing Alldroid, and took away all my fun, all I can say is I don't go there, don't need to, and I find everything I need right here at DroidForums.net so who needs them?

Now that wasn't a bash, it's just a plain and simple fact. I feel that way about Crackberry too, which doesn't hold itself up to the high standards that this forum does. Although even at Crackberry they would never have done to the OP what Alldroid did.

Now I'm not saying that Crackberry is better then Alldroid because that might be considered bashing. However if you happen to get that from reading my post, then I guess anything is subject to interpretation.

Bashing IMHO would be saying something like Alldroid runs there forum like the way the USSR ran it's government. Bannish you forever to Siberia for something that you said about them at a friends house and they found out about it. That's a good comparison, but I'm not saying that. Really.
    I dnt consider that bashing, but it is not me who ultimately decides. If its the truth then its the truth. I have not really been there so I cant say one way or another. There could be another side of the story. I dont know, and I dont know how they do business. But a forum is a place, especially this one, to get info about your device that you just cant get from vzw or motorola. If one is turning a forum into a ridiculous country club then they need to get a life. Know your role, the role of the forums is to allow dialogue about the subject; in our case the droid, so that we can take advantage of its capabilities. Anything else then its trying to act like they are "USSR"...but i do not know the entire story and will not bash another forum.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post

It did take him some work tho
    And apparently you've been putting in some hours 'working' too lately
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links