DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: gun cleaning help

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex

gun cleaning help

So i was clean an air rifle because it was pretty dirty and was out in rain. i think i was over ambitious with some tissue paper. its a higher quality beemon so i dont want to junk it. But to make a long story short, a whole tissue is stuck inside the nose of the barrel. Ive tried lots of things but cant quite get the thing clear. i went out and bought another gun cleaning kit, stuck on the ram looking attachment, hammered it in for 30 minutes and that rod got bent. i somehow bent the connecting part of the two cleaning poles, so now ive got tissue paper thats probably packed very tight, and a ramrod stuck in the barrel. in summary

Barrel : [2 inches of air][tissue paper probably 2 or 3 inches] [brass looking ramrod thats 6 or seven inches with a mangled connecter][4 inches of air]

it .177 cal.

i poured half a thing of honing oil in the barrel a month a go, seems to have soaked in but its still not moving with a hammer. Any tricks? paper eating chems that dont rust riffling in barrel? idk, im at a loss currently. i dont want to mangle the rifling too bad either...
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Gunsmith
    ilikemoneygreen likes this.
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1035 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    What up Money? Sounds pretty lodged in there. Have you tired the wire tips? May be able to chew it out with that.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    If you have a very fine drill (1/8" or less), you can drill a hole in the middle of the tissue paper and it will relieve the pressure it is placing against the barrel walls. Then take a paperclip and bend a very tight "U" hook on one end. Insert the rounded end of the paperclip through the hole you've drilled and past the tissue paper. Then try pulling the tissue paper out. If that doesn't work, try twisting the paperclip to get the tissue to start wrapping itself around the paperclip like a "Q-Tip". Once fully wrapped around it should shrink slightly and you should be able to pull it out.

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1035 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    You can also check out our gun forums: http://www.forumfoundry.com/outdoor/

7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    this has happened to me before. just use oil and keep it wet. try to take it out the same direction you put it in on .. it takes some patience but it will come out.. if all else fails straighten a wire hanger grind a point on it .. douse the barrell with oil and start chewing at the paper. be careful take your time and you wont beat up the barrel
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    ... anybody ever hear of Murphys law? this gun will now be known as Murphy.
    think i just broke a nuckle. also hit my elbow in the funny spot on an ammo can... im SO FRUSTRATED. rarely do i ever clinch my teeth and just wail on something in frustration but that has happened.. seeing your posts, it was a great idea to just pick the paper out little by little. i had no needle so i grabbed the wire cleaner attachment from the gun cleaner and pushed several wires forward with little fish hoom like bends. Well, the twisted wire holinding the attachment in the rod broke. i had a cuss storm quickly stabbed at it, hit my elbow on the can, the being so pissed i punched it all. arg... BAD DAY! think my next plan of attack is to put a wooden dowel in the top of barrel and hammer on the brass ramrod. seems to be my only option.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  9. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1035 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    If the dowel rod is long enough, carve it like a bit & use it to chew it out. Do you have a pressure washer? Clamp it down & blast it out. I just never had too much luck hammering on things.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I wasn't trying be a clown. Although other presented ideas sound good (especially FoxKat's), you specifically stated that you don't want to mess up the rifling.....sooooo......gunsmith.
    They'll probably charge less than 30 bucks......and you don't bust knuckles or beat on funny bones by letting an expert handle it. Any gun shop can point you in the direction of a reputable gunsmith. Good luck!
  11. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1035 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bruben7886 View Post
    I wasn't trying be a clown.
    Don't think it was taken that way. It was good advice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links