DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Apple is on a roll...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer

Apple is on a roll...

Have you been keeping up with all of the Apple news today? Twitter hashtag #wwdc is off the hook. Apple is making some big announcements today, including new hardware and features and integrating Siri into the next iPad.

Just making an observation here... Google needs to step up its game in development of Android and its features. Sure, Android tablets are very good (and I plan to buy one soon), but Apple is running away with the innovation and is eating Google's lunch.

I still prefer the Google ecosystem and its openness but I must admit that if Apple were to open up and detach iTunes from its products, I'd be sorely tempted to make the leap.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer Edition
    Acer A700
    Nook Color
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    http://blog.sourcebits.com/iphone-5-...e-battery-life

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    1036 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Premium Member
    I watched most of it. For ios, it's gonna be an improvement. I know a lot of folks will call them copy cats, but some of the features where needed.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesars View Post
    Sourcebits Blog iPhone 5 to Get Infinite Battery Life?

that seems cool, but I can only laugh when countless folks are all shaking their phones for an extra email
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    I can't believe they're trying to get car manufacturers to put in a dedicated Siri button =p

From the leaked screen shot the iOS 6 interface is still looking dated and has wasted space via huge "info bars" still taking up the screen.
    Last edited by MissionImprobable; 06-11-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesars View Post
    Sourcebits Blog iPhone 5 to Get Infinite Battery Life?

The only issue with this is going to be that while the battery may last longer on each full charge, the life of the battery itself is going to to be shortened. Li-ions can only be be charged so many times before they start to loose their ability to fully hold power. That said, iPhone users have shelled out cash for getting their batteries replaced before and I'm sure they'll do it again.
    What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by MissionImprobable View Post
    The only issue with this is going to be that while the battery may last longer on each full charge, the life of the battery itself is going to to be shortened. Li-ions can only be be charged so many times before they start to loose their ability to fully hold power. That said, iPhone users have shelled out cash for getting their batteries replaced before and I'm sure they'll do it again.
    That is why their stock is close to $600.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  8. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    If that actually works significantly, that's flipping awesome. Battery technology is the next step. One reason why is don't feel like the sgs3 is the next generation of phones. It's a lot like my bionic but more power hungry. If it had new battery technology, now that would be cool

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nikecar View Post
    That is why their stock is close to $600.
    Yes, I know many a soul who cry themselves to sleep at night wondering why they didn't grab a few shares even three or four years ago.

Links