DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Totally off Topic...Care to share on your theory of time travel?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Htown315 View Post
    Hey drummer!

I have seen the drawings you speak of and they do look way to detailed and modern to be coincidence. Not too mention things like pyramids, Mayans...etc. The amount of skill involved in some of these wonders with nothing available but hand tools blows my mind. As many of you know there are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on earth so the odds that we are alone is basically impossible.Traveling through deep space on the other hand is pretty difficult since our closest celestial neighbor is 4 light years away. Good stuff!!
    Yeah brother...Ancient Aliens has some good coverage as well on the topic...

Simply Amazing ...
    Essentially Stunning,
    Motorola Droid Razr---->
    Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I agree with Subcommander T'Pol...

The Vulcan Science Directorate has determined that time travel is impossible.

Stelv likes this.
    Droid does...Apple bites

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudRam View Post
    I agree with Subcommander T'Pol...

The Vulcan Science Directorate has determined that time travel is impossible.

Lol

Simply Amazing ...
    Essentially Stunning,
    Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Okay...I saw this thread and wanted to chime in with my thoughts.

If time travel to the future were possible, that would mean "fate" does exist. That we are following a life path pre-determined by some higher power. That no matter what we do, even me typing this response, it has been scripted and we cannot change it. Whenever I think this, I think of the line from "The Matrix" when Neo is asked if he believes in fate. His response was "I don't like the idea of not being in control of my life." Or something to that effect. But, this could explain that if time travel to the past were possible, how the present is the way it is without erratically changing....that if we could go back in time, if we were to somehow alter what happened then, it could impact the way things are in the present.

Now, if "fate" does not exist and we truly are in control of things then consider these:
    - If we could travel back in time, we could alter courses of events...which would be constantly, chaotically altering the present (exteme examples: a wastebasket may be under your desk one minute, then just gone the next....somebody could be walking down the street one minute, then suddenly vanish in thin air as if they were never conceived...)
    - If we could travel to the future, then it would be a sort of "blank canvas". There would be nothing when we arrive there. Absolutely nothing. Because who would know what would happen in the future if the present is constantly changing?

Some weird food for thought. I think time travel would just upset the universe in general.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by droid2drummer View Post
    Yeah brother...Ancient Aliens has some good coverage as well on the topic...

Simply Amazing ...
    Essentially Stunning,
    Motorola Droid Razr---->

Giorgio A. Tsoukalos is a gentleman and a scholar
  6. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    DROID Bionic
    There's been a new breakthrough in quantum physics that has shown that the results of an entanglement experiment can be determined after they have already been recorded. The decision in the future determines what the result was in the past. These quantum particles have no respect for time- at least not in any linear sense. Entanglement is the key to any technology that connects two points whether in time or in space, but we are very far away from using this technology as our first quantum supercomputers

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    What r these pics of human looking creatures in astronaut outfits? Is that referring to some new research that just came out or something? Only thing I'm thinking of is like Egyptian hieroglyphics with Pharaoh looking figures in them.

Also what is the Droid spyder? Brand new or an older global phone That didn't get alot of pub?

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by IIGood View Post
    Okay...I saw this thread and wanted to chime in with my thoughts.

If time travel to the future were possible, that would mean "fate" does exist. That we are following a life path pre-determined by some higher power. That no matter what we do, even me typing this response, it has been scripted and we cannot change it. Whenever I think this, I think of the line from "The Matrix" when Neo is asked if he believes in fate. His response was "I don't like the idea of not being in control of my life." Or something to that effect. But, this could explain that if time travel to the past were possible, how the present is the way it is without erratically changing....that if we could go back in time, if we were to somehow alter what happened then, it could impact the way things are in the present.

Now, if "fate" does not exist and we truly are in control of things then consider these:
    - If we could travel back in time, we could alter courses of events...which would be constantly, chaotically altering the present (exteme examples: a wastebasket may be under your desk one minute, then just gone the next....somebody could be walking down the street one minute, then suddenly vanish in thin air as if they were never conceived...)
    - If we could travel to the future, then it would be a sort of "blank canvas". There would be nothing when we arrive there. Absolutely nothing. Because who would know what would happen in the future if the present is constantly changing?

Some weird food for thought. I think time travel would just upset the universe in general.

You are forgetting about the possibility of alternate timelines, strands branching off a "normal" time line. Just think of the show Sliders. Maybe if people travel back in time and alter things, it just creates an alternate timeline...another dimension so to speak, and the current timeline we live in is un-touched.

Time could all be an illusion or something that only people of this reality suffer from anyways. Or Time travel could also be impossible due to feedback energy from wormholes and the paradox time travel would cause.
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Awesome thread.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Tweaked Stock Bionic
    What's up D2D!? You should check out the Steven Hawking shows in Netflix there is a great one on time travel. He postulates time travel into the past virtually impossible because of several of the known laws of physics. He thinks travel onto the future (essentially by slowing time down around you) is probable but due to the amounts of energy required highky unlikely any time soon.

His ideas about travel to the past i found very interesting. Essentially his theory, essentially specific to worm hole travel, states that natural radioactivity prevents a whole from being open for any significantly period of time. This all assumes we can even generate the amount of energy needs to capture, open, expand, or captivate a worm hole. So he hypothesized the radioactive radiation that is always present int the universe will always be first through the whole. That puts mpre energy into the space in the past which in turn increases proportionally in the future/present. More amd more radiation passes intonthe immediate past creating what he describes as similar to cyclic feedback (the same type you get by pointing a microphone at a speaker) the end result being so much energy the worm wjole will collapse even before it could be used.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Veritas vos Liberabit

K.C. Cole
    Android Ninja

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links