DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Wife doesnt need a Data Plan....

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    if you're looking for a nice phone that's semi-smart and doesn't REQUIRE a data plan...pm me... i have an LG dare just sitting in my drawer.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Also, there is a very good Sticky thread here on DF that answers all data plan questions:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...nswer-yes.html
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corinacakes View Post
    if you're looking for a nice phone that's semi-smart and doesn't REQUIRE a data plan...pm me... i have an LG dare just sitting in my drawer.
    Did you ever consider selling it on eBay? You might be surprised how much you get and could use towards your Android phone.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

--------

4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    Premium Member
    yah they still go for around $100 plus i have 3 carrier thingys .... maybe he's interested in some sort of trade! who knows...he might be genius and willing to chat/walk me thru puttin that smoked thing on my droid. i don't dare attempt it alone i'm too scared.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600Rider View Post
    Did you ever consider selling it on eBay? You might be surprised how much you get and could use towards your Android phone.
    I should really put my Blackberry Storm up on eBay. Think I could get 100.00 for it? It's just collecting dust on my bureau.

To stay on topic I know some companies allow you to use some smart phones without a data plan. Isn't it that they use EDGE instead? Heck, I'm not certain I just remember seeing people with Blackberry Storms who did not have data plans in Crackberry.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I should really put my Blackberry Storm up on eBay. Think I could get 100.00 for it? It's just collecting dust on my bureau.

To stay on topic I know some companies allow you to use some smart phones without a data plan. Isn't it that they use EDGE instead? Heck, I'm not certain I just remember seeing people with Blackberry Storms who did not have data plans in Crackberry.
    Since the Storm had a SIM card for international travel, as well as CDMA, it was a phone that if the SIM card was unlocked, would be able to be used on AT&T or other GSM carriers. Many people on CB talked about how it would work on EDGE on AT&T, but as we know it is slower and more congested than VZW 3G.

Back in November, I sold my Storm and 2 charging docks and got $185 for it. That, plus the $100 mail in rebate pretty much made my Moto Droid free.

--------

7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Thanks for the info everyone... I got me a Droid Sat. and my wife the chocolate touch.. and Since she is employed by the state we got a discount on the data plans anyhow so it wasnt too bad and i will show here how to use it when she needs to...
    as mentioned pretyy much any phone thats multimedia capable has to have the data plan except the older ones that were already activated prior to the new rules..
    WE paid 180 for both phones w/2yr contracts ... Now to ebay our old phones (dare/Voyager)...
    Looks Like Paint Protects Like Armor!
    Sport Bike Powder Coating
    http://sportbikepowdercoating.webs.com/
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    I'm glad everything worked out for you two.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post

i just sold 2 blackberry storm 1's on ebay... one sold for 275 and i got 350 for the other one.

the second one had a crapload of accesories with it.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    benglund
    Phone
    iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by frbooker87 View Post
    I had an env3 before the Droid. Great phone without a data plan.
    That's the problem ... even phone like the Env3, EnvTouch, ETC ETC ETC (aka all phones that were released in the last year to year and a half) *all* require a data plan.

The good news? They require a data plan that costs a whole $10 a month. While a little more than you're used to paying, at least it's not $30/month.... I know this is annoying, though, and is the reason I went with the Droid ... If I'm going to use data, I'm not going to be afraid if I am within my 25 or 50 mb limit. ... If I'm going to use data, I'm going all out. And using as much as I possibly can
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links