DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site issues

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    I'm right here with ya money. It hit me mid-day yesterday and I thought it had to do with the proxy at my work or the fact we are forced to use browser version that are at least a full version iteration behind what is current. I realized after I got home last night that I wasn't the only one seeing it (although, it wasn't happening on my machine at home??) and it is still like it for me this morning back at work.
    Im actually getting kinda used to navigating it. reminds me of like 1999 when the net was still noob. lol, droidforums should have a day where they purposefully go back to this. i guess that day is today
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post
    Im actually getting kinda used to navigating it. reminds me of like 1999 when the net was still noob. lol, droidforums should have a day where they purposefully go back to this. i guess that day is today
    Yay! I'm back to normal... for now!!! hahaha I was getting used to it, too. Best part was how all the pages loaded almost instantly.

Don't know if you ever read XKCD, but one of my fav. comics they ever did was April Fools Day last year when they turned their entire site into a unix based site and filled with with hidden fun commands: guest@xkcd
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    I'm still white on PC through 3 diff browsers and even cleared data in chrome with a reload right after. It is on with my phone though...weird.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post
    I'm still white on PC through 3 diff browsers and even cleared data in chrome with a reload right after. It is on with my phone though...weird.
    I think it may have to do with when specific servers refresh the data or maybe even when your DNS re-ups it's data. Could still be forwarding the wrong version site to you?
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Idk. I reset everything even the modem. Still retro. I shouldn't be playing right now anyway. Issue will go away eventually I guess. Troubleshooting comes later. now I can not be as distracted. tether it works btw. So I think your right.

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motrola Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I'm having the same issue on 3 different machines on 2 different networks as well as from my phone.

It maybe a coincidence but it seems just started when the google currents feed started.

Right now tapatalk is the only way that I can access the forum.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Life is too short to settle for mediocrity.

Current - Razr Maxx HD

RETIRED - OG Droid, Droid Bionic
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motrola Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Try switching your DNS to different DNS. Oddly switching to Google DNS fixed it for me. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
    Life is too short to settle for mediocrity.

Current - Razr Maxx HD

RETIRED - OG Droid, Droid Bionic
  8. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    For those of you having issues as MdicnMan said you could switch your DNS and that should fix it for you. However, I've just incremented the serial number on the domain so it should fix itself without you making any changes at all. Please let me know if you are still having problems.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDroid View Post
    For those of you having issues as MdicnMan said you could switch your DNS and that should fix it for you. However, I've just incremented the serial number on the domain so it should fix itself without you making any changes at all. Please let me know if you are still having problems.
    Its working just fine now, thanks, now I can go back and edit my threads that got a little jumbled from the site errors...yay lol

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
    Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
    19.9 linpack score
    1921 quadrant score
    Zoom zoom
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  10. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Essentially, there are probably quite a few DNS servers out there that cached the bad data. That data needs to expire but unfortunately there's nothing I can do to force it to do so. And, I'm not sure what TTL GoDaddy put on it so I can't even tell you how long it will be. I would say 24 hours or less, worst case scenario.

Edit: A reboot sometimes helps as it can be your system that is also caching the old/bad values.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links