DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Since the ipad is ATT only, will people calm down about the iphone vzon talk?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer

Since the ipad is ATT only, will people calm down about the iphone vzon talk?

What are everyone's thoughts on this? The ipad doesn't even come with the ability to ever use verizon, just like the current iphone. Is this a sign that if the iphone expands anywhere it will be tmo?

For the record, the ipad will come unlocked so you could use it on tmo if you so desired.

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on this? The ipad doesn't even come with the ability to ever use verizon, just like the current iphone. Is this a sign that if the iphone expands anywhere it will be tmo?

For the record, the ipad will come unlocked so you could use it on tmo if you so desired.
    It's not AT&T only. It's an unlocked version. It can so far from what i understand be used on other GSM networks, it has yet to be confirmed if it has a CDMA radio in it though. So it may or may not be used for verizon.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    its GSM Networks with a microSIM card, something no one uses anymore...

This is in no hint or form that the iPhone ISNT going to Verizon. The iPad does NOT require a contract, you can cancel the 3G ability on it at anytime. The iPhone requires a contract.

The new iPhone will be redesigned I can tell you that right now, so why not make a CDMA based iPhone while they're already redesigning it anyways?

Just my two cents
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unix.punkx View Post
    its GSM Networks with a microSIM card, something no one uses anymore...

This is in no hint or form that the iPhone ISNT going to Verizon. The iPad does NOT require a contract, you can cancel the 3G ability on it at anytime. The iPhone requires a contract.

The new iPhone will be redesigned I can tell you that right now, so why not make a CDMA based iPhone while they're already redesigning it anyways?

Just my two cents
    I thought i had seen on one of the sights a patent for a phone from apple that did have CDMA radios in it.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Apple confirmed it is GSM only.

And you have to get tmo to make a sim that works, and have a data only plan. At launch, it is att only. I put a comment in regarding the use on tmo. But I would bet it wont be ready at launch.

EDIT:

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

There, can we stop with the verizon talk already please? We just need to give up on the verizon apple hopes haha

Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post

It's not AT&T only. It's an unlocked version. It can so far from what i understand be used on other GSM networks, it has yet to be confirmed if it has a CDMA radio in it though. So it may or may not be used for verizon.
    Last edited by Erron; 01-28-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Links