DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Steve Jobs all but confirms Apple Tablet

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member

Steve Jobs all but confirms Apple Tablet

From: Steve Jobs all but confirms Apple Tablet - Apple iSlate Forum

As some of you are aware Apple released their 4th quarter results today after the trading day closed. Apple set record profit of $3.38B on record revenue. We'll get into the numbers a bit more deeply but in our opinion the most telling aspect of the conference call was this quote by Steve Jobs.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steve Jobs
    If you annualize our quarterly revenue, it's surprising that Apple is now a $50+ billion company... The new products we are planning to release this year are very strong, starting this week with a major new product that we're really excited about.
    He isn't known to mince words about future Apple products unless he has something to back it up. The fact that he said "major new product" tells me it's not a rehash or upgrade or new network carrier, but a product that is significantly different from anything they offer to call it a "major new product".

Overall, Apple is firing on all cylinders without question. The only category of product that was down are iPod sales (down 8% year over year) but computer sales are up 33% and iPhone sales are up over 100%.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Someone is gonna find someway to sue apple sooner or later just wait...Apple will fall
    "There is DOES and IDONT no try."
    You get the idea--- DROID DOES
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    ipod sales are down 8% thanks to droids and phones that play music/videos. i rarely ever use my itouch anymore.
    but thats great to know for people who want one
    got eris: 12/24/09
    returned eris: 12/28/09
    got droid: 12/31/09
    rooted droid: sometime in january (right after it was released (manually))
    bb->2.1 sbf->desire rom> 2.1bb> 2.2
    got incredible as warranty replacement 8/31/10
    shattered inc screen 9/25/10-> got insurace replacement 10/4/10
    broke inc screen 10/19/10-> got warranty replacement 10/22/10
    got moto droid 1 off ebay 1/7/11
    broke inc screen 5/26/11-> got insurance replacement inc2 5/27/11
    sold inc2 & bought vzw 16gb iphone 4 6/9/11
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    can't wait for wed...iSlate.

i'm still hopefully they will say something about the iphone 4G for vzw so i'll know what to do when the n1 comes out in spring (basically wait if iphone will be at vzw). but i am concerned that the 3g might go down for vzw once all the iphone fanbois switches to vzw. catch 22 for me...
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tktouch12 View Post
    ipod sales are down 8% thanks to droids and phones that play music/videos. i rarely ever use my itouch anymore.
    but thats great to know for people who want one
    I couldn't agree more. Since I got my Droid I haven't touched my iPod Touch ONCE.

So, I don't see the iPod sales being down as a bad thing. Lose 8% in that area but gain 100% in the other... not much of a loss

Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    can't wait for wed...iSlate.

i'm still hopefully they will say something about the iphone 4G for vzw so i'll know what to do when the n1 comes out in spring (basically wait if iphone will be at vzw). but i am concerned that the 3g might go down for vzw once all the iphone fanbois switches to vzw. catch 22 for me...
    Even if they don't announce the iPhone going to Verizon we might be OK. Imagine, if they announce that the iSlate (or whatever) works with Verizon, that pretty much all but guarantees that Verizon will be tapped for the next iPhone. So, I expect good news one way or the other on Wednesday.

What are you waiting for, register over there ASAP

Apple iSlate Forum
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I sold my iPod Tough 3g the week that the Droid was released, but I still love my Mac and will never go back to a PC. Apple is an amazing company that isn't showing any signs of slowing down.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I've been a fan of Apple for as long as I can remember. I bought the Droid since I would never switch to AT&T, but since I got it I have not touched my iPod Touch. However, it would be cool if Verizon got some new Apple products...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have both, a Mac laptop and a PC desktop. My old PC laptops screen died. I prefer my PC any day of the week. My iTouch I only recently started using again after realizing that I had a book half read on Stanza. Sure, I could transfer it to my Droid, but I had no clue what page I was on. So I figured Id finish it on the iTouch, which got me using it again. And speaking of the iTouch, without Stanza I much prefer using my 120GB Classic.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    The iSlate/iTablet is going to be announced with a launch of VZW I'm guessing. I don't think Apple wants to risk the 3g issues with AT&T on this one. The data usage on a tablet, my guess, will dwarf iPhone data usage. I'm sure AT&T will have the iSlate/iTablet but it won't surprise me to see VZW step in. Especially with all the talk about the exclusivity agreement between Apple and AT&T running out soon.
    If the iSlate/iTablet comes to VZW.... we will most certainly see the iPhone follow. I can't imagine Apple only offering certain products.... plus taking iPhones onto VZW would relieve some of the complaints with dropped service and AT&T. AT&T's network would also receive a much needed 'break' in iPhone data demands if another carrier offered the phone. Just IMO.

Links