DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 432
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Is anyone the tiniest bit jealous of the iPhone 4s?

  1. Senior Droid
    rwking's Avatar
    Member #
    121923
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    215
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Rooted Bionic
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    why did anyone upgrade to the d3 then? That wasn't a 4g phone and there were other 4g android phones available at the time of the D3 release.
    So, I see your point, but then again that's once of the differences between Android and Apple. Apple customers are some of the most loyal customers there are. When they see a new phone, they start drooling and get this glassy look in their eyes. Also, if you want the Apple experience, you don't have a choice of another manufacturer. With Android, we thankfully do. However, I would assume that those who upgraded to the D3 did so because they wanted the QWERT keyboard and some upgrades, but didn't really care about 4G. If I didn't live in an area with 4G, I would have considered the Droid 3.

    I do see your point though. I just think if this had been the 4G iPhone 5, the need for the iPhone 3G would be negligible because they would still have the iPhone 4 and 4s as 3G phones.
    Thank God I never changed my old Alltel unlimited data plan.
  2. Senior Droid
    rwking's Avatar
    Member #
    121923
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    215
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Rooted Bionic
    #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Sure it is if you know how to use it, and for (Friendly) arguments sake, do you really think google isn't going to one up Apple?? C'mon look what googles done in 2 years thats taken apple, what 6 or 7 years to do.
    I would absolutely LOVE for you to be right about this. I will say that you're spot on when it comes to innovation. Apple may come out with really great, beautiful ideas, but it does take forever for them to become reality. Google is great about churning updates out constantly.
    Thank God I never changed my old Alltel unlimited data plan.
  3. Senior Droid
    BleedingPurist's Avatar
    Member #
    46623
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    122
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by rwking View Post
    One really nice aspect of the iPhone is the fact that it RARELY has issues like Force Close, Low Memory notifications, and random reboots. I wish Android could get a little bit more stable in those respects.
    Yes, iPhone doesn't have force close notification, the app just disappears from the screen and you find yourself on the homescreen... it happens often enough.

    I've never had a low memory notication.. even on my OG Droid. I haven't had any of the above issues on my Droid 3.. other than random reboots.. and that was the phone itself which was replaced and hasn't happened since.

    You have to remember Android develops very very quickly.... so citing issues of the past isn't going to help your argument.
  4. Senior Droid
    rwking's Avatar
    Member #
    121923
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    215
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Rooted Bionic
    #44
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    I take it Verizon wont be getting the iPhone 4S?
    AT&T, Verizon, & Sprint! Sprint is getting its first iPhone.
    Thank God I never changed my old Alltel unlimited data plan.
  5. Senior Droid
    rwking's Avatar
    Member #
    121923
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    215
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Rooted Bionic
    #45
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurist View Post
    You have to remember Android develops very very quickly.... so citing issues of the past isn't going to help your argument.
    Who's citing issues of the past? I have a BIONIC and have experienced every one of the three that I listed. Take a walk over to the BIONIC Tech Support Forum and take a look for yourself!
    Thank God I never changed my old Alltel unlimited data plan.
  6. Senior Droid
    rwking's Avatar
    Member #
    121923
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    215
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Rooted Bionic
    #46
    BTW, I'm not hating on Android or my BIONIC. I fully expected to be debated on everything the iPhone 4s has to offer. I mean come on - this is after all an Android forum. ;D
    Thank God I never changed my old Alltel unlimited data plan.
  7. Senior Droid
    BleedingPurist's Avatar
    Member #
    46623
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    122
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by rwking View Post
    Who's citing issues of the past? I have a BIONIC and have experienced every one of the three that I listed. Take a walk over to the BIONIC Tech Support Forum and take a look for yourself!
    You've experience Force Close and Memory Issues with a Bionic? That's funny! There is absolutely no reason for that. I did have Force Closes with my original Droid, but since getting the Droid 3, there are very few and far between... no more than an iPhone anyway. iPhone has force closes, they just don't identify them as such and the user just opens the App again, never really stopping to question why it closed in the first place.
  8. Droid
    jrshelton13's Avatar
    Member #
    185075
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Where ever the Marine Corps sends me
    Posts
    37
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid X/Droid Bionic
    #48
    I had a bunch of co-workers that were so excited about the new iphone release news today, you should have seen their faces when they realized it was not the iphone 5 they were so anticipating! Like someone crushed their hopes and dreams!

    I am happy I picked up the DB!

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  9. Senior Droid
    rwking's Avatar
    Member #
    121923
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    215
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Rooted Bionic
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingPurist View Post
    You've experience Force Close and Memory Issues with a Bionic? That's funny! There is absolutely no reason for that. I did have Force Closes with my original Droid, but since getting the Droid 3, there are very few and far between... no more than an iPhone anyway. iPhone has force closes, they just don't identify them as such and the user just opens the App again, never really stopping to question why it closed in the first place.
    Yeah I remember having that happen on my iPod Touch. But yeah, it's nuts! My BIONIC has been rude and given me low memory notifications on more than one occasion. I have NO idea what that's about. Had a random reboot about 4 hours ago. :-/
    Thank God I never changed my old Alltel unlimited data plan.
  10. Senior Droid
    BleedingPurist's Avatar
    Member #
    46623
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    122
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #50
    Quote Originally Posted by rwking View Post
    BTW, I'm not hating on Android or my BIONIC. I fully expected to be debated on everything the iPhone 4s has to offer. I mean come on - this is after all an Android forum. ;D
    I have not followed the Bionic closely because the lack of a keyboard ruled it out. I will not subject myself to touch-screen only. With it's specs though, there is no excuse for too many force-closes and running out of memory should not happen... ever.
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Jealous...very jealous...And I'mma tell you why
    By SmokinHawtVegasChic in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 03:04 PM
  2. No. I'm Not Jealous...but
    By butch350 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 12:26 PM
  3. one of the few apps that had me jealous of the iphone
    By CBLJazz in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 12:31 PM
  4. Jealous iPhone user
    By Tree Toad in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 07:55 PM

Search tags for this page

bionic or iphone 4s
,

coolrom

,
does droid bionic have siri
,
droid bionic or iphone 4s
,

droid bionic siri

,
droid life
,

iphone 4s or bionic

,

iphone 4s vs bionic

,

iphone 4s vs droid bionic

,
iphone 4s vs. droid bionic
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+