DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Is anyone the tiniest bit jealous of the iPhone 4s?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I'm not jealous at all. I like the ability to make my home pages more than 4x4 little squares. i like that I can still plug my phone into any PC and access my files. If my battery dies, I like the fact I can swap it out myself, and not get charged by some geniuses to install it for me like a 2yo has to have his chicken cut up for him.
    Rayv and leftspin like this.
    Don't get your tightie whities in a bunch if you don't like my humor or get offended when I skip putting smiley faces all over. IF you cannot handle online comments and get bent out of shape, go home.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

The Dark Side is the only true way to go...

Nice of them to add cloud (google has had it), notifications done right (had it, and should be a huge embarrassment to them they copied androids so closely), and other android platform "already had it" things to the iOS.

I mean, all those Nerf kids and their safety helmets and teeth guards and arm floaties running around in their toy econo-hybrid-boxes sheltered from the scary world by those that know better for them (1984 anyone?).

Playing with the safe-world cookie cutter iphones is cute and all but I am forever a member of "the Dark Side" baby, and I'll never turn back...heh.

Oh, and Voice command.....had it...long time now.

Wonder what the iphone 5 will really have to make it better than android?

All that "safety" and "protection" and "encapsulation" and "control" and "appstore limitations" is really only one thing when you boil it down:
    Captivity. You are safer but you aren't natural. You aren't in natural selection, you are coddled and held up. And by default, are the weaker breed.

(Too much of a Hunter myself to play in the "shallow" end of the pool.)

McGyver777
    "DARK SIDE" MEMBER SINCE 2011
    Droid Bionic, un-rooted for now.
    Last edited by McGyver777; 10-04-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    Tank_Tak and ilikemoneygreen like this.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bionic
    No, it sounds like IOS-5 is trying to catch up with Android. BTW The Android Marketplace has a Siri "like" Apps like this one https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Rooted Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft View Post
    Android has had voice commands for a long time now.
    Dude... watch the demo video. You can't wake your phone and say "Do I need an umbrella today?" and have it answer you. You can't say "Remind me to call my wife when I leave work" and have it set up a geofence around your office so that you get reminded when you leave. Android voice commands are nowhere near the power of this app.
    Thank God I never changed my old Alltel unlimited data plan.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Keep in mind siri was in a controlled (demonstration) environment and you can bet they knew programatically exactly what to ask it and how. It looked impressive in the controlled environment. We'll see in real world use.

Also the android voice features work pretty darn good but I tend not to use them because I want privacy in public. I dont want to be talking to my phone in restraunts, around colleages, at work, in meetings, etc. In other words it's neat but limited for actual real world situations.

The rest of the features are already available in android and no 4g, just theoretical enhance 3g. Again we'll see in real world use. Cloud = google and dropbox, or any number of other services.

I'm glad I went with the Bionic.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'm floored that they went this route. Simply doing a 4S is disastrous and simply shows they have no clue what people actually want, they just have their customers by the crotch and don't care. The same tiny screen, still no 4G, it's a complete disaster. The only thing that's going to be impressive is the camera and that's a bit sad for a phone.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus 32GB
    No, as long as they don't support .flac playback natively, just no. Even then, I'm too used to the way we can customize our android devices.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Rooted Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Liderc View Post
    I'm floored that they went this route. Simply doing a 4S is disastrous and simply shows they have no clue what people actually want, they just have their customers by the crotch and don't care. The same tiny screen, still no 4G, it's a complete disaster. The only thing that's going to be impressive is the camera and that's a bit sad for a phone.
    I think more than anything, this was a strategic release, not meant to be a huge wow factor. I think the Siri and Camera features are meant to change the way you used to be able to use iPhones, but more than anything, I think the change in pricing structure and the fact that they will still offer the iPhone 3G, 4, and now 4s is really meant to capture market share more than anything. I think this release was an EXTREMELY smart move. Think about it - the hurdle for most people in getting a smart phone is the price. Now there is a $99 iPhone. Just being an iPhone has a certain appeal to people (status, mainstream, whatever), but now there is a cheap iPhone that gets people accustomed to it. Next year, when a 4G iPhone 5 comes out, they're going to have already sold something like 100 million iPhone 4Ss and a slew more of the 3G and 4. This means more people moving to Apple products and even more people anticipating the inevitable iPhone 5. This was definitely not a disastrous move.
    Last edited by rwking; 10-04-2011 at 01:17 PM.
    Thank God I never changed my old Alltel unlimited data plan.
  9. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1000 times
    Twitter
    wicked_E46
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    To answer the OP's question:

gmorgan056 and CJM like this.

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    zachfromkansas
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    512 mb ram, same small screen, and no 4G? What a freaking joke of an announcement if you ask me. I'd take my OG Droid too!
    Sent from your mom's device through the control of my rooted Bionic.
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Links